Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

They’re about to make 100 million dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I was just reminded that NXT doesn’t get overruns anymore starting tonight. AEW about to squash NXT even harder :rip:
Why can't Dynamite do overruns? I mean, can they not just cut a single commercial break out of the movie Fist Fight after it to have a small 3 minute overrun?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
aew should sign leyla hirsch sometime in the future. if she gets a bit more polished and can learn to cut a promo she could be their breakout star.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Unfortunately the guy making them wandered off after getting through five.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Astro7x posted:

Why can't Dynamite do overruns? I mean, can they not just cut a single commercial break out of the movie Fist Fight after it to have a small 3 minute overrun?

some TNT exec is having flashbacks of having to deal with Eric Bischoff right now

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Astro7x posted:

There's really no reason to. If they have a match where they want to fool the crowd or do some twist sure, do one. Otherwise just end at 10.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Overruns are for losers and cowards like Eric Bischoff and Triple H

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Low Desert Punk posted:

aew should sign leyla hirsch sometime in the future. if she gets a bit more polished and can learn to cut a promo she could be their breakout star.

Agreed. She's small, but she is incredibly good, and has a different style to her movements than a lot of women's wrestlers do. Keep the "legit" thing, have her come in with a cornerman or something, and just let her wrestle her way into people's hearts.

MassRafTer posted:

There's really no reason to. If they have a match where they want to fool the crowd or do some twist sure, do one. Otherwise just end at 10.

The thing is, having the overrun available was a good thing at first as it stopped the audience going "welp, it's 9:58, guess this is the finish". Problem is that it's used so frequently and predictably that the audience now go "welp, it's 10:07, guess this is the finish". The cure in both cases is booking better.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jan 29, 2020

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Agreed. She's small, but she is incredibly good, and has a different style to her movements than a lot of women's wrestlers do. Keep the "legit" thing, have her come in with a cornerman or something, and just let her wrestle her way into people's hearts.

So she's like a grapplefucker kind of wrestler? That's cool, AEW's roster could do with a woman like that.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
AEW needs more grapplefuckery in general.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
jonathan gresham when

what is he, signed to roh? is that a real thing or just marty scurll's acting troupe?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

pretty much every dynamite that had a good match at the end of the card, i was hoping THIS would be the week where they run over so the good match can actually have time to be a good match

or if you can't have an overrun then just do a "WE WILL BE SHOWING THE REST OF THIS MATCH RIGHT NOW LIVE ON YOUTUBE" or something so there aren't more 11 minute title matches at the end of dynamites

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

cams posted:

pretty much every dynamite that had a good match at the end of the card, i was hoping THIS would be the week where they run over so the good match can actually have time to be a good match

or if you can't have an overrun then just do a "WE WILL BE SHOWING THE REST OF THIS MATCH RIGHT NOW LIVE ON YOUTUBE" or something so there aren't more 11 minute title matches at the end of dynamites

I can't think of many Dynamite main events that weren't good matches and not many that felt rushed.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I very badly want an entire section of fans holding these up when Orange comes out

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

extradite THIS! posted:

So she's like a grapplefucker kind of wrestler? That's cool, AEW's roster could do with a woman like that.

Former amateur wrestler, good with submissions and has a lot of power. She's had some excellent matches in Beyond and has a good, ungimmicky look.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

MassRafTer posted:

I can't think of many Dynamite main events that weren't good matches and not many that felt rushed.

lucha bros v scu felt a little rushed and weirdly paced, but, like, it was good i had fun, my biggest criteria for wrestling programming.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

shiksa posted:

lucha bros v scu felt a little rushed and weirdly paced, but, like, it was good i had fun, my biggest criteria for wrestling programming.

That one I'll agree with. There are definitely some where when they start I think "I wish this was getting more time" and then it ends at the perfect time and I wouldn't change a thing about the match. Most matches don't need 15+ minutes.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

shiksa posted:

this was definitely the one i was mainly thinking of, but i definitely thought there was another SCU match that got "last match of dynamite" placement and was hurt by only being able to go just over 10 minutes.

i actually love when we get a "tv time remaining" match cause that means you can do fun stuff with the booking, but when i know a pinfall or submission is about to take place because it's 9:59, it bums me out.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I love that Orange Cassidy not only rules but has created a gimmick for himself that is unique and involves him not beating up his body most of the time

He's got a Kevin Nash level of being able to earn money while not killing himself in the ring but is actually entertaining and a draw

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Slightly different problem, but it contributes to the perception, but I feel like some of the undercard matches could stand to end a little sooner on big impactful non-finishers. Not every match needs big bear falls.

I am leaving autocorrect’s change of “nearfalls” to “bear falls.”

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 29, 2020

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Not every match needs big bear falls.

If it doesn’t work on a bear, don’t do it in the ring.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Slightly different problem, but it contributes to the perception, but I feel like some of the undercard matches could stand to end a little sooner on big impactful non-finishers. Not every match needs big bear falls.

one thing i like about aew is that not every finish is a finisher, so i agree they should do this more

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
leyla also just looks very stout and strong for her size and her body type really stands out from most people she wrestles. like a girl taz

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
tnt putting the mummy returns, with the rock, wwe superstar, on before aew wrap it up aewliures

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Too soon

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Friends it is loving WEDNESDAY

leave the memories alone

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
Ok guys, i stopped watching wrestling completely back in mid november, just came back this weekend. What am i looking at storyline wize right now

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the audience sings jericho's theme. can't think of other

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Brokenogre posted:

Ok guys, i stopped watching wrestling completely back in mid november, just came back this weekend. What am i looking at storyline wize right now

mjf is a poo poo, hangman page is an anxious millenial cowboy, brandi is haunted

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Brokenogre posted:

Not to be too much of a shill, but I did a pretty good job I think of covering the stories in the op of the Dynamite gdt.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Brokenogre posted:

Hangman's an alcoholic now but also tag champ

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Dark Order decided the best way to recruit people was to hit the guys down on their luck. So they successfully grabbed Alex Reynolds and John Silver, are putting a big pitch on Brandon Cutler and Michael Nakazawa, wanted Kenny Omega and Hangman but then they went and gotgud. Also they beat up the Elite about a month ago but little came of it

Oh yeah, and Uno was shown to be following a leader called Dr. Claw The Exalted One, who is never seen on camera but is sometimes voiced by a distorted Raven

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dark Order targeting guys with losing records who are ALSO friends or at least often adjacent to main eventers... :thunk:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The Kingmaker scheme.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I preferred it when Evil Uno was the leader, and there wasn't an "Exalted One".

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Davros1 posted:

I preferred it when Evil Uno was the leader, and there wasn't an "Exalted One".

There's also Joyous Ein

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1222685297449652225?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
:judas: