Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
That was epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

olives black posted:

so should I do the $90 pre-order for the season pass or whatever the gently caress it's called

I promise I wasn't asking just to troll. Is anyone else here getting the $90 pre-order version?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'm definitely getting the $90 deluxe version, partly for doot skin, partly for the classic weapon sound pack (i NEED that classic plasma gun sound)

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'm definitely getting the $90 deluxe version, partly for doot skin, partly for the classic weapon sound pack (i NEED that classic plasma gun sound)

Thinking about getting that for the PS4 with the Season pass and everything.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I will because it’ll be less money than the DLC separately and I will be 100% getting that. So why not.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

olives black posted:

I promise I wasn't asking just to troll. Is anyone else here getting the $90 pre-order version?

I did, mainly cuz there's no way in hell I wouldn't be purchasing the DLC, so why not save :10bux:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i am absolutely getting the deluxe. hail satan.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
I can't believe it. For the first time in 13 years, I'm going to pre-order a video game. :piss:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Imagine if instead of DOOM 2016 we got a Rage-like fart-in-the-wind that Doom 4 would've been.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Jack Trades posted:

Imagine if instead of DOOM 2016 we got a Rage-like fart-in-the-wind that Doom 4 would've been.

I'd rather not

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy
Just lol if you are not getting the collectors edition of this game

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

preorders are a suckers game but i can only offer a namaste to the gamers who go for it on doom eternal

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
BIG DOOM BIG MOOD

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
https://twitter.com/PickledChild/status/1222262738866638855?s=20

Magitek fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 30, 2020

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
One thing I'm really looking forward to is finding all the musical quotes and references in Mick Gordon's soundtrack.

I was listening to The Only Thing They Fear Is You on the drive home today and I'm positive that the bit in the beginning is referencing Untitled:

The Only Thing They Fear Is You:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akx48dLnccQ

Untitled/Mouth for War:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_6ChXTP9TA

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Cowcaster posted:

preorders are a suckers game but i can only offer a namaste to the gamers who go for it on doom eternal

Preordering gets you Doom 64 along with it so it’s not a bad deal.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I will not preorder it.

Because I have the bestest friends who bought it to me for Steam as a christmas present :allears:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Typical pro move is to "pre-order" at midnight the night of the release date. And that's what I'll be doing :cool:

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Typical pro move is to "pre-order" at midnight the night of the release date. And that's what I'll be doing :cool:

What's the difference between preordering now and preordering at midnight?

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Dewgy posted:

Preordering gets you Doom 64 along with it so it’s not a bad deal.

Or rather, preordering Doom64 nets you a free copy of Doom Eternal. :colbert:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Kramjacks posted:

Rewiews will probably be out by then, so you can make a more informed choice

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Kramjacks posted:

Literally nothing if you already know you're going to be buying the game.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Got the collector's edition ordered for me. Got it for christmas.

I just hope it arrives in time for the release and not way later like I've seen people experience.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

From what I have seen in the various previews (I’ve only watched very little of the most recent ones), and the various interviews with Hugo etc. I am 100% certain that I want to buy this game and that I will get my money’s worth of enjoyment out of it.

At that point I am just going to buy it so I can play as early as possible.

Also: game is going to be HUGE disk space wise (‘16 was and this is bigger, with apparently better texture resolution) and I will want to preload to avoid launch bottleneck issues.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
My fellow console peasants: are you pre-ordering through Gamestop or the Playstation store? I feel like doing the former because I still really like having physical discs.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
hoping they do us a solid and release doom 64 for the pre-orders two weeks before eternal drops.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

One thing I'm really looking forward to is finding all the musical quotes and references in Mick Gordon's soundtrack.

I was listening to The Only Thing They Fear Is You on the drive home today and I'm positive that the bit in the beginning is referencing Untitled:

Untitled/Mouth for War:

Mick nails it again. poo poo, that is awesome.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Untitled/Mouth for War:

You're absolutely right, that was my first thought too. To those listening for the first time, it's not the absolute beginning, but the breakdown about 1min in.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

MJBuddy posted:

From a Reddit post referencing the Facebook group I'm not in so I can't confirm:

"On Facebook yesterday Hugo explained what boosters are. Boosters allow you to "sponsor" up to four other players and passively gain XP based on how well they do. The better the players you sponsor, the more XP you get. It's something new that hasn't been done in a game before"

Huh, drat, I was not expecting that.

This is some gladiatorial poo poo.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Deakul posted:

Huh, drat, I was not expecting that.

This is some gladiatorial poo poo.

IDK feel more like mobile gaming poo poo

It reminds me of Mortal Kombat adding "AI teams" so you can earn some points while offfline

It just feels superfluous to me but it won't ruin anything so w/e

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Zaphod42 posted:

IDK feel more like mobile gaming poo poo

It reminds me of Mortal Kombat adding "AI teams" so you can earn some points while offfline

It just feels superfluous to me but it won't ruin anything so w/e

It's an interesting idea, I have this burning feeling that it is not going to work the way we probably envision it currently.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

I guess the strand genre is really taking off

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

I guess the strand genre is really taking off

repair my road to hell!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
Mads Mikkelsen confirmed as The Slayer

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Capn Beeb posted:

Werner Herzog confirmed as The Slayer

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

At first I wasn't sure I agreed but then I remembered the interview where he got shot and just ignored it, while bleeding from the stomach

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Zaphod42 posted:

At first I wasn't sure I agreed but then I remembered the interview where he got shot and just ignored it, while bleeding from the stomach

He was loving shot, and his responce was "Oh, I think I was shot."

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
It was not a significant bullet.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Strobe posted:

Literally nothing if you already know you're going to be buying the game.

I mean, you're not getting Doom 64 with it if you preorder at midnight instead of 11:59:59 so there's that.

So on a whim I was watching and saw that there were 'Cheat Code' pickups. I didn't think I could get more hype and yet here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

olives black posted:

My fellow console peasants: are you pre-ordering through Gamestop or the Playstation store? I feel like doing the former because I still really like having physical discs.

Xbox store. I've been digital-only for at least 15 years.

If they ever revoke my permissions (lol they won't) for any of my games I'll just find them through :filez:

It won't happen though.