Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Imagine having 1.2 million dollars and being like “this bitcoin thing looks legit”

i suspect he never had 1.2 million dollars in liquid assets. he probably had 1.2 million in bitcoins in the first place, which can be converted to cash at a max rate of maybe $10,000 per day, and then he lost it all to a Bitcoin Wallet Inspector

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Martin Luther King

quote:

On this day we honor the deed's of a great American,Dr King for his work in civil rights.I have been a member of this site for over 14 year's,yet I have never seen a black adv rider.Why?

quote:

Could be 'cause for the subject at hand (riding) it's not a concern. It's not like they're vegan or gay and must tell you it can be seen what they are.

quote:

Most of the older black guys I've met while actually out riding have had Indian baggers - not sure if there's any inherent causation for that correlation, but that's what seems to be a prestige brand!

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
As with most ADV rider things, those posts are a marvel in how contradictory and offensive they are.

The whole discussion reminds me of my parents broaching the discussion on why you never see black people hiking or doing outdoor activities.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Hopefully they all get coronavirus from all the sexpest tourism they do.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

"Why don't I see any black riders?" asks man who lives in a 95% white town

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Communist Walrus posted:

"Why don't I see any black riders?" asks man who lives in a 95% white town

I wonder what that guy would think of the sikh dude I saw riding a small enduro of some kind like an absolute madman today. I can say my feelings on helmet laws have become decidedly mixed, if only so I get to ride around with something dramatic on my head instead of a helmet, like a tophat maybe.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Slavvy posted:

I wonder what that guy would think of the sikh dude I saw riding a small enduro of some kind like an absolute madman today. I can say my feelings on helmet laws have become decidedly mixed, if only so I get to ride around with something dramatic on my head instead of a helmet, like a tophat maybe.

as soon as I got my camp set up in idaho on my cross country trip I took my helmet off and put a toboggan on to go catch the sunset up on a ridge. still weirded me out even though it was off road

thanks mom and dad for making me wear a helmet on the XR70. it stuck

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I know this is the least of all the crimes committed on advrider but the consistency with which I've seen it over the last 10 years impressed me. It's still not uncommon to see reply posts which look like empty quotes, but are not in fact empty quotes, because the quoter didn't understand which part of his post was the quote and which wasn't, and he typed his reply inside the quote code.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I know this is the least of all the crimes committed on advrider but the consistency with which I've seen it over the last 10 years impressed me. It's still not uncommon to see reply posts which look like empty quotes, but are not in fact empty quotes, because the quoter didn't understand which part of his post was the quote and which wasn't, and he typed his reply inside the quote code.

This is the stuff that really mystifies me. That fuckup in particular, and also signing posts, terrible grammar, your/you’re, and just general ineptitude with communicating through written word. It’s almost impressive.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Advrider is literally “OK Boomer: The Website”, it’s not surprising at all.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
The only oppression they know is that one time that Photobucket stopped free access and they lost all their photos. Photos that they had solely stored on a free image host service expecting forever uptime.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Genuinely surprised they haven't all agreed to call it Botophucket in bitter protest

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Genuinely surprised they haven't all agreed to call it Botophucket in bitter protest

You’re a little behind. Smugmug recently started charging, or charging more, I can’t recall which, and that led to the admins asking for donations and some of the threads about that are heated. But at the same time it opened up the new ability to get a supporter badge on your avatar so people can be really sanctimonious about that.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Advrider truly is the retirement home of the internet

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

it's really a shame cause the subforums of it have some fantastic model specific information. I have literally never browsed anything outside of the KTM and the custom builds (CBR600 engine into like a 450 frame lol) sections

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Today we honor something by pissing all over it!

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
The presidential dream...

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

HES THE PRESIDENT NOW DEAL WITH IT

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ooh I also just remembered there is a “post pictures of your wife/gifriend” thread on advrider where they do just that, and then post thinly veiled replies about loving each other’s wives.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Ooh I also just remembered there is a “post pictures of your wife/gifriend” thread on advrider where they do just that, and then post thinly veiled replies about loving each other’s wives.

Talk of pissing on things reminded you of that?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I think there may still be a daughters on bikes picture thread into which I have never ventured for fear of what’s in there.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:yikes:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

no way.

e: I mean, I guess there are dumber things on the internet but just why?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah. I’m not going looking for it but it’s gross

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

builds character posted:

no way.

e: I mean, I guess there are dumber things on the internet but just why?

They're middle aged men who buy bikes for willy waving reasons first and foremost. Everything flows from there.

It's not like they got a bike, went to the pub THEN got horny.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Slavvy posted:

They're middle aged men who buy bikes for willy waving reasons first and foremost. Everything flows from there.

It's not like they got a bike, went to the pub THEN got horny.

I’m still figuring it out, but somewhere here there’s a cat fishing scheme that ends up with me getting a shitload of R1200GSes.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

By the time you've peeled the schuberth modular off your toupe and flopped your sweaty mass out of the 'stitch, it's too late to calculate why the 19yo model you were expecting is now CSB, straddling your KLR tickling the fuel tap so you run.

Bike never gets reported stolen, easy.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

There’s a bunch of em still answer those CL ads for a CBR with a super low price, weird language, and automatic transmission and post threads after a few days of dickering with the scammers saying “guys, something is funny here, do you think this is a scam?” so there would be harder groups of the population to separate from their own bikes.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Whats up with boomers and this? Theres a Corvette Wives&Girlfriends group on facebook thats the same as this.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hold on, googling for the nearest western union shop

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You’ll have to skip a few hundred pages to get beyond the death of photobucket but.............enter at your own risk. Don’t say I didn’t warn you about the skeeviness

https://advrider.com/f/threads/bikes-wives-spouse-significant-other-g-f-b-f.484912/

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

There’s a bunch of em still answer those CL ads for a CBR with a super low price, weird language, and automatic transmission and post threads after a few days of dickering with the scammers saying “guys, something is funny here, do you think this is a scam?” so there would be harder groups of the population to separate from their own bikes.

Should I ask for my deposit back?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Communist Walrus posted:

Should I ask for my deposit back?

Have a lawyer draft a letter, surely they’ll give you an address to mail it to.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Slavvy posted:

willy waving reasons
Forum title?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Wiarton Willie?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Martin Luther King

quote:

I simply don't care.

Any type of Motorcycling is about personal choice and everyone's reasons are different. Why try to add statistics and demographics to it? I respect everyone who rides regardless of ethnicity, gender, sexuality... I don't care what or how or if anyone else rides, I just hope they are enjoying their lives and find happiness and personal fulfillment.

Guys I'm so colorblind I can't even comprehend the idea of why black people aren't common in this hobby.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I don’t see color and therefore can ignore the problems of people of color I don’t know why everyone doesn’t just do this?!?!

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Martin Luther King

quote:

On this day we honor the deed's of a great American,Dr King for his work in civil rights.I have been a member of this site for over 14 year's,yet I have never seen a black adv rider.Why?

quote:

Cant we all just get along! Does matter what race you are, do you like to ride? then that's all that matters...But to the point of the OP, I think its more to do with economics that anything else.

My brain automatically reads this kind of post in Mongo's voice.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

[/quote]

Why would you do mongo dirty like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

builds character posted:

Why would you do mongo dirty like this?
[/quote]

Good point. Mongo was just misunderstood.

Take your pick of lunkheaded oafs from cartoon history, then. One that starts every sentence with "dduuuuhhh."

edit: lol I asked the poster to clarify what they meant by "it's an economic thing" and the whole thread got booted to Church, State, and Money, which is the forum where flaming and racism is encouraged.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 6, 2020