Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Hooplah posted:

it's not perplexing at all really, virgil has a history of very effective internet trolling

yeppp i can absolutely believe that nick participated in this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

remember when goons used to do poo poo like that :sun:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I just can’t believe in a real persons name like “Nick O. Tyme” it has to be fake too

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Percelus posted:

now trolling nazis will get you probated for modsass

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Percelus posted:

i bet at least virgil paid :10bux:

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

T-man posted:

There are no good political memes.

that one biden look at this photograph one that trump tweeted out was an amazing political meme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRdp5UiNNwg

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

ugh the Episode 1 Biden episode is about 800 characters too long to fit in one post

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
look here fat...just split it up

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Hooplah posted:

it's not perplexing at all really, virgil has a history of very effective internet trolling

alternatively they know each other in real life and exist in the same social circles and that's usually enough, unlike Online

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Trabisnikof posted:

ugh the Episode 1 Biden episode is about 800 characters too long to fit in one post

Just cutting off abruptly would fit the theme

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It's funny that WeWork was such a shitshow that Chapo, Dollop, and Behind the Bastards have all devoted episodes to ripping it apart.

The CEO is still fabulously rich, of course.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Gripweed posted:

now trolling nazis will get you probated for modsass

Same with pedophile hunting. :(

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Is the Russian Revolution ever going to be about anything other than a bunch of catty Russian bitches who love drama?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dreylad posted:

alternatively they know each other in real life and exist in the same social circles and that's usually enough, unlike Online

Nick said he'd known Virgil for almost ten years, from online. He knew Virgil before any of the other Chapos.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
virgil had been active in a bunch of facebook groups prior to obama's second term

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

I think she's a librarian?

(Which is pretty cool. I wish I could have been a librarian.)

It's a cool gig. Really one of the only jobs I can imagine myself having where I wouldn't be able to participate in a general strike in good conscience without loving over a lot of poor folks. The pay is poo poo but the benefits rule and you don't feel like a tool at the end of the day.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i really like matt christman so i mean this respectfully but when you actually remember that he's simultaneously overcome with hilarity at a felix bit yet still holding the mic to his mouth so you can hear his laughter...that's a super weird image. i mean they all do it so i don't mean to single him out but yeah...weird.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

what is virgil’s real name? does anyone know?

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

a fatguy baldspot posted:

carl diggler

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the latest chapo was pretty good, maybe even one of the best recently? a matt brimming with energy is always a good time

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Dreylad posted:

the latest chapo was pretty good, maybe even one of the best recently? a matt brimming with energy is always a good time

any episode with Amber is automatically good, but she had some really good one liners in this one

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

boooop boop

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Yeah

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Dreylad posted:

I think this is gonna be a good year for chapo. what with the election and all.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

any episode with Amber is automatically good, but she had some really good one liners in this one

i'd never heard of the 'contagion theory of politics' but it does sum up that whole phenomenon quite well

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

dan mclaughlin

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

you can literally google it if you really have to know.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

you can literally google it if you really have to know.

Virgil Texas (Justin Cass) is a gamer and host of Chapo Trap House. Previously, he worked with Felix on the Carl Diggler persona. Virgil is an aficionado of Elevators and Garfield. He is a PoC and the daughter of Alexis Texas.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i...do not remember him writing this wapo article

https://web.archive.org/web/2017030...ate-silver-did/

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
that owns lol. virgil loves dunking on silver.

https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1202265046350475265?s=19

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Dreylad posted:

I was worried Amber or someone would have a TERFy take in response to the Rogan thing but you're right it was a very good episode from all of them.

It was so sad to see their spirits crushed after the UK election, don't make our mistake Americans, don't hurt our chapos again :(

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Loved them dunking on the , let’s call them”very special people ” losing it over Joe Rogan. Really rad libs are prots without God.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Her Dryer posted:

I was worried Amber or someone would have a TERFy take in response to the Rogan thing but you're right it was a very good episode from all of them.

It was so sad to see their spirits crushed after the UK election, don't make our mistake Americans, don't hurt our chapos again :(

I actually think it's kind of fun to poo poo on Amber and I couldn't see her going even partially TERF. If anything, I'd imagine she'd be anti-TERF purely from the virtue that the white feminist types she hates are more likely than not TERFs themselves.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
how can amber be a terf if she isn't a feminist tho

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

how can amber be a terf if she isn't a feminist tho

as someone from indiana,

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
but for real amber is cool and good and she was excellent (and right) in that episode

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Her Dryer posted:

didn't she rep a podcast with a trans host at the end?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Lair nicks

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

it is very interesting that amber and liz from true anon are frequently accused of being terfs without any evidence. i have my theories about why this is but i do not wish to get cancelled by the haters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
the first time i heard about virgil was when he hosted that comedy show in new york that sam hyde crashed and did his homophobic rant at back in like, 2013 or whatever