Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/hot-issues/32201

Double barrel madness, it begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Does this update include the changes to ammo?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

SpannerX posted:

I need to platoon with some goons one of these days. I could at least be bait. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6tvzG_88sU

Our pansy division includes all walk of life who want to play tanks, still like to win, and know how to have fun. Dont feel like you need to be bait. Feel like you want to own the field.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUo1PgKksgw

Close enough.

Also, what team yall joining? Do we know what side the Reddit zerg is going to join?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Captain_Blaargh and myself played a round tonight and I dared myself to hit the record button and see if this game was going to be worth uploading to share with you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EV387qOl5Y

I will put the mic closer to my face next time. But I had a really fun time that round due to pure absolute luck.

My brother Zwartzentruber gave me full permission to record his amazing game in the EBR where he did over 7k spotting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy41hrFS1mY
I did the most dmg that round! Battle report

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jan 29, 2020

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
I can't find anything about what teams people are picking. I thought Circon was in this? That leaves Skill4ltu as the obvious choice by popularity. Dez has the coolest camo though.

On NA, Team Dragon camo looks better to me.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
They also have voice lines in the game apparently, so Skill will be the most unique, he has a crazy thick accent.

Also Quickybaby released a video saying why he refused to be part of it because apparently he thinks people care about why he is not part of it(???)

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

2Jets posted:

I can't find anything about what teams people are picking. I thought Circon was in this? That leaves Skill4ltu as the obvious choice by popularity. Dez has the coolest camo though.

On NA, Team Dragon camo looks better to me.

Circon is not in it due to some terrible miscommunication between both parties. That was a heart breaking stream to watch. One of those weird "I was there" things.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
team dragon for me because reasons tiger stickers ? psh

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Turmoilx posted:

team dragon for me because reasons tiger stickers ? psh

Dragon or... dumb tiger? Hmm

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Dravs posted:

They also have voice lines in the game apparently, so Skill will be the most unique, he has a crazy thick accent.

Also Quickybaby released a video saying why he refused to be part of it because apparently he thinks people care about why he is not part of it(???)

QB has positioned himself as being superior to any other WoT streamer, so there's no way he would lower himself to sharing a bill with three other clearly inferior streamers.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

saintonan posted:

QB has positioned himself as being superior to any other WoT streamer, so there's no way he would lower himself to sharing a bill with three other clearly inferior streamers.

No no, you see, he is sitting out for us to protest the insane grind required to get your favorite CC as a commander. Unlike those other sellouts who don't fight for us, the people.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Crazyeyes24 posted:

No no, you see, he is sitting out for us to protest the insane grind required to get your favorite CC as a commander. Unlike those other sellouts who don't fight for us, the people.

Comrade QB would have been fine with a $5 or $10 commander pack with him and a bigger percent of the profits.

You know, for the the people!

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
QB was the first person I found for learning tank content.

I learned only spite.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I love QB. I wanna fly to Tankfest and have him call me a donkey.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Well... tonight is going to be a blast.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Double your barrels, double your puns...

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Double penetration.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Double your losses.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I mean, I get that the hate for QB in here is universal, and I don't like his love of the wargaming-teat, but a look at the game mode players will have to endure to grab your favorite content creator as a fake internet pixel tank commander looks so incredibly bad that it's giving me vibes of other lovely game modes.

Like, really bad vibes.

And I was part of a group of idiots that definitely didn't engage in an orchestrated effort to abuse a comically lovely game mode in order to earn a fake internet pixel tank award.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Like, if I'm not reading this correctly, I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong, but it looks like to get this thing you can't just casually play tier tens (the shittiest of tiers) for hours on end every single day until the end of the event, but ONLY games played in the special 7vs7 game mode will count?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
He does make a good point. Time gated content? I posted already about feeling like poo poo for missing the Rat emblems for this new year event.

But also lol it's QB.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

QB claiming that he's standing up for the "below average players" because the special event, in world of tanks, is too much of a grind feels like some hot bullshit. just be a man and say you think the cut is unfair

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

ROFLburger posted:

QB claiming that he's standing up for the "below average players" because the special event, in world of tanks, is too much of a grind feels like some hot bullshit. just be a man and say you think the cut is unfair

It's great because at the time he had no idea how grindy it was or was not, just that there would be no monetization (and thus, no cut). So how could he have known he was standing up for the poor pubbies? Lmao the dude is so full of himself.

Edvin made a good response video for AEG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As6wYZE7vDE

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

If this results in all the other EU streamers dunking on QB until the end of time, I'm fine with that.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

saintonan posted:

If this results in all the other EU streamers dunking on QB until the end of time, I'm fine with that.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

SpannerX posted:

Does this update include the changes to ammo?

I haven't played the game in a year - did they ever decide on and/or implement changes to ammo?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I haven't played the game in a year - did they ever decide on and/or implement changes to ammo?

Soon™

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Are they sticking with making 5,000 changes to effectively make gold shells have lower damage without violating EU law?

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Wooo... had enough free exp to upgrade to 100mm guns on the IS-II. Then went on to lose my first 4 games in a row. One of those games we were up 9 tanks to 4 and our team used the bad ninja movie tactic of sauntering up one at a time to camping TDs.

Quit out so I could play some Elite Dangerous, so I can SCREAM ABOUT TANK WARFARE IN THE VACUUM OF SPACE

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

the tragedy here is that NA cant have skill as a commander saying you took one for the team whenever you got shot

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

First thoughts on the IS22:

-The driver gets knocked out a LOT.
-It's sluggish and kind of bad at everything stock, which isn't unique, but I'd say there's no right order to unlock the modules as with some other tanks; the stock guns at least have pen and DPM, but are peashooters, while mobility all around needs improvement. I went with the guns first, then the turret, but only because the turret rotation is so slow to begin with, not that it seems to get penned in the stock turret much. However, I'm also desperately in search of better acceleration and hull traverse; I could use free XP, but it's not absolutely necessary so I'm trying to stick it out. You could argue that it's playable with the stock guns and needs mobility first though.
-I've had a couple good games in it, but still haven't figured out its role; it's not really heavily armored enough to be an actual heavy, so I'm kind of treating it like a 2nd line sniper/MT.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I mean, I get that the hate for QB in here is universal, and I don't like his love of the wargaming-teat, but a look at the game mode players will have to endure to grab your favorite content creator as a fake internet pixel tank commander looks so incredibly bad that it's giving me vibes of other lovely game modes.

Like, really bad vibes.

And I was part of a group of idiots that definitely didn't engage in an orchestrated effort to abuse a comically lovely game mode in order to earn a fake internet pixel tank award.

Oh absolutely, it's going to be an awful grind and I personally will not even try for it because it would probably just make me quit the game. I don't understand WGs love of masochism, they do this all the time.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Atomizer posted:

it's not really heavily armored enough to be an actual heavy, so I'm kind of treating it like a 2nd line sniper/MT.

Same. It has decent depression so it can be a pest at a distance. Also the gun is MUCH more reliable than the 705 so you can actually hit poo poo reliable.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Atomizer posted:

First thoughts on the IS22:

-The driver gets knocked out a LOT.
-It's sluggish and kind of bad at everything stock, which isn't unique, but I'd say there's no right order to unlock the modules as with some other tanks; the stock guns at least have pen and DPM, but are peashooters, while mobility all around needs improvement. I went with the guns first, then the turret, but only because the turret rotation is so slow to begin with, not that it seems to get penned in the stock turret much. However, I'm also desperately in search of better acceleration and hull traverse; I could use free XP, but it's not absolutely necessary so I'm trying to stick it out. You could argue that it's playable with the stock guns and needs mobility first though.
-I've had a couple good games in it, but still haven't figured out its role; it's not really heavily armored enough to be an actual heavy, so I'm kind of treating it like a 2nd line sniper/MT.

Best game I had was covering Lakeville middle road from K 7/K 8 and then moving up through the 7 line to push our advantage when we won in the city.
Got 3 double shot pens into a fv 4202, a chinese TD and a light on the middle road. Wasn't fast enough to get any other shots in while moving up on the enemy base. So yeah, MOBILITY.

e;
Oh and I got yelled at all match for camping and thinking I was a TD. Even tho I was the only one taking shots down the middle for the scout and covering their dumb asses in town from getting shot from the center road.

Pubbies are ungrateful as poo poo.

Playing it like a broke engine Progetto 46 seems to be what I'm leaning into. Punish people who over expose to get at allies flanks and get to an enemy flank to hit people unawares.
Definitely not reliable as a corner hugging brawler.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jan 30, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MariusLecter posted:

Pubbies are ungrateful as poo poo.

Instead of helping the team the Batchat ran off to kill 1 arty then die. If he would have actually supported me we could have easily won.

His quote of the game: "I do what I want"

He then proceeded to miss a shot after that charming statement on a stationary tank then got nailed by arty to death.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Anyone got a dummy's guide to the t-150?

I've tried popping out like I would with the KV-1/KV-1S and it simply doesn't have the armor. Is it a bulky TD?

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I've tried popping out like I would with the KV-1/KV-1S and it simply doesn't have the armor. Is it a bulky TD?

Yes. Because you have armor doesn't mean you can let people shoot you. You only pull out when they aren't looking take an aimed shot than cover up. You can bait shots by side scraping and wiggling with the a and d keys. If they take the bait you get to shoot back. Don't rush your shot you have time to wait for him to poke out again if you have to. Just play slow and stay with other tanks so you don't get over run. Don't rush you'll get more use if you are patient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So, the more I play the IS-2-II the more I both like it and want to get out of it. It's not bad at all, but I feel like it doesn't do anything special compared to the premium. Its turret armor is great and it has decent depression, but the T9 is just flat out better in every single category. I really do like the tank, but I don't think it is a keeper as of right now.

Also, I have the premium T8, which better fits my play style.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

With the amount of gold being slung around at all tiers, do not rely on your armor to bounce anything. Try to bait people into shooting your tracks and don't over extend (it is slow enough to prevent you from doing that immediately but, not slow enough to prevent it totally). Patience and map awareness wins map, being a martyr only works if you can truly waste enough of the opposing teams time. Which does not happen too often now-a-days, but this morning I wasted about 4 minutes of 5 enemy tanks time by myself by being a pest, this allowed our team to push another flank.

The only reason I was in that position was because I am a creature of habit and went to a spot I normally always go to without looking at the map. I got lucky and died with lovely stats, but a win is a win.

Then I got two back to back 3k damage games in my 261. I felt like a scumbag, but I needed the crits for the mission :colbert:.