Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Achmed Jones posted:

The family is dealing with some poo poo, and part of our coping strategy involved buying a season of Frasier since we couldn't watch it on Netflix/Amazon

:negative:

The series boxed set is now the big ticket item on my wife's birthday list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

it's still on hulu

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hulu shoves commercials (or minute long pauses if you're using an adblocker) into their shows and it makes me irrationally angry since I'm paying for a streaming service. I've got Amazon, HBO, and Netflix. And I think I'm getting STarz for free cause I don't get charged for it, but it shows up in Amazon. Anything outside of those and it's not hard to find it somewhere with no commercials.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
I have uBlock origin for chrome installed on my Chromebook and that has somehow negated all Hulu commercials

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Hulu shoves commercials (or minute long pauses if you're using an adblocker) into their shows and it makes me irrationally angry since I'm paying for a streaming service. I've got Amazon, HBO, and Netflix. And I think I'm getting STarz for free cause I don't get charged for it, but it shows up in Amazon. Anything outside of those and it's not hard to find it somewhere with no commercials.

That's not an irrational anger.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Hulu shoves commercials (or minute long pauses if you're using an adblocker) into their shows and it makes me irrationally angry since I'm paying for a streaming service.
its a reminder to get up and go to the bathroom

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

tactlessbastard posted:

That's not an irrational anger.
They were piloting ads during pauses and no I don't want a loving coke when I pause my vid to take a dump jesus Hulu.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Wait, am I reading this right, you're paying for Hulu and they're still hitting you with commercials??

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

there's a $3 option that gets you with ads

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Wait, am I reading this right, you're paying for Hulu and they're still hitting you with commercials??

wait until you get a load of how cable tv works now vs how it was originally pitched

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Was paying. Sprint picks up the tab.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Just lol at renting tv

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Theres a no-ads option which has a surcharge. Hulu has way better TV options than Netflix does so I think its worth it anyway. Especially since you can get it bundled with Disney + and ESPN now

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Just had a crisis watching season 10 when I realised that, yes, that girl in episode 4 is Zooey Deschanel.

And yes, she's around my age (I think that because of filming dates she would have been younger than me? christ)

So I'm comforting my age crisis with the fact that I can cause most of you on here to have an age crisis just by mentioning mine :imunfunny:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

alexandriao posted:

Just had a crisis watching season 10 when I realised that, yes, that girl in episode 4 is Zooey Deschanel.

And yes, she's around my age (I think that because of filming dates she would have been younger than me? christ)

So I'm comforting my age crisis with the fact that I can cause most of you on here to have an age crisis just by mentioning mine :imunfunny:

The character Frasier Crane was canonically 32 years old when he first appeared on Cheers

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

alexandriao posted:

Googled to refresh my memory and... it's her birthday today. :thunk:

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jan 17, 2020

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
So did you wish her a happy birthday?

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

JK Fresco posted:

So did you wish her a happy birthday?
Well, she was flirting right back. I saw her giving me the once-over.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

We went and bought season 6 :whitewater:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
It’s eclectic!

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

food court bailiff posted:

In the godawful episode where Frasier bones Roz and stalks her to her family reunion and pretends to be her ex-bf roger did the writers get too horny to remember that roz’s mom knows frasier pretty well and has been to his penthouse more than once

In the next season I think her sister comes to Seattle and there's no mention of her thinking Frasier is Roger. I guess she could have found out the truth off screen.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Lol that Frasier cries out m'lady when he climaxes

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Outstanding!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

So Seattle will be getting an NHL team next year. The name of the team has yet to be announced, although there's a rumor it will be the Seattle Kraken. Several years ago I made this quick & dirty jersey mockup and I still think it's the best idea:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
The blue swooshes down the 'pits are evocative of the... orchestra conductor hair that Frasier had in the early seasons.

(Is there a term for Frasier's early-series hair?)

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

The blue swooshes down the 'pits are evocative of the... orchestra conductor hair that Frasier had in the early seasons.

Splendiferously magnificent

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

It's in the general vicinity of a mullet

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Hockey hair is apropos

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Achmed Jones posted:

It's in the general vicinity of a mullet
It really brings out his forehead.

I assume the Seattle Cranes is not possible?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TITANKISSER69 posted:

So Seattle will be getting an NHL team next year. The name of the team has yet to be announced, although there's a rumor it will be the Seattle Kraken. Several years ago I made this quick & dirty jersey mockup and I still think it's the best idea:

I'm a huge fan of hockey and a huge fan of Frasier. Thus, I am a huge fan of this.

The Clitoris
Jan 29, 2020

Finding it makes all of your dreams come true
You should consider making sweet boot leg money on those jerseys regardless. Just gotta dodge the cease and desist letters

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Cranes

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The Seattle Tossed Salads & Scrambled Eggs

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Season 1 Frasier hair is one of the most abominable things ever allowed on air, and it owns.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Speaker posted:

The Seattle Mercies.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The best moment in the series was when the Canadiens beat the capitals 3-1

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Seattle RDWRERs

The Seattle WINSSTOOONNNSS

The Seattle CIGARES VOLANTS

The Seattle OCEAN... FULL OF FRESH FISH NOT TEN FEET AWAY

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The Humongous Asses.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Mister Speaker posted:

When they play St. Louis, hey baby, you'll hear those Blues a-callin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Seattle GROOVY LADIES