Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

gh0stpinballa posted:

it is very interesting that amber and liz from true anon are frequently accused of being terfs without any evidence. i have my theories about why this is but i do not wish to get cancelled by the haters.
it’s easy to say you’re an ally and while secretly being a chud and point guns around trying to stir circular poo poo while laughing with the fellow nazis

but also any powerful leftist women that hate id pol and hate yasss kween succ twitlibs will be accused of it because it’s just so easy to. if you aren’t team #warren ur a terf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i remember reading some long twitter thread about how virgil and felix were hired by some tech billionaire to write for a site like cracked? the thread connected the billionaire to like the CIA and all that. iirc red kahina and that lot were quite keen on the idea when chapo first came out. and now the way they seem to have banned matt from talking about the epstein scandal has stirred it all up again lol

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Xaris posted:

it’s easy to say you’re an ally and while secretly being a chud and point guns around trying to stir circular poo poo while laughing with the fellow nazis

but also any powerful leftist women that hate id pol and hate yasss kween succ twitlibs will be accused of it because it’s just so easy to. if you aren’t team #warren ur a terf

I've gotten TERFy vibes from Amber but not Liz, as a trans woman. I think it's just that they don't seem to have done much reading in trans theory and they occasionally skew into some weird or awkward language from ignorance.

gh0stpinballa posted:

it is very interesting that amber and liz from true anon are frequently accused of being terfs without any evidence. i have my theories about why this is but i do not wish to get cancelled by the haters.

no please tell us about the evil trans TERF accusation conspiracy you've created, preferably over in the IoSM thread to stay on topic.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

did you sense Amber's terf aura

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

gh0stpinballa posted:

It really is simple rad libs hate Anna and Dasha. And think any female who isn’t just some TPUSA idiot and they don’t like is a terf. Amber and Liz hang out with both so they are also terfs. Also a lot of radlibs are horny guys trying to appeare extra woke who are really actually secretly misogynistic.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

T-man posted:

no please tell us about the evil trans TERF accusation conspiracy you've created, preferably over in the IoSM thread to stay on topic.

what in god's name is this babble

edit: ah right, you are implying i'm a transphobe based on nothing at all. i've finally made your list, guess i'm a true SA poster now. thank you.

gh0stpinballa has issued a correction as of 04:12 on Jan 30, 2020

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Crowsbeak posted:

It really is simple rad libs hate Anna and Dasha. And think any female who isn’t just some TPUSA idiot and they don’t like is a terf. Amber and Liz hang out with both so they are also terfs. Also a lot of radlibs are horny guys trying to appeare extra woke who are really actually secretly misogynistic.

this reminds me of when noah berlatsky wrote an essay about how chapo doesn't have any feminist viewpoints and then had to go back and add a note that he didn't know amber is a marxist feminist academic, thus invalidating his entire essay lol

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

gh0stpinballa posted:

this reminds me of when noah berlatsky wrote an essay about how chapo doesn't have any feminist viewpoints and then had to go back and add a note that he didn't know amber is a marxist feminist academic, thus invalidating his entire essay lol

Please link. Seeing that literal loving racist* have to eat poo poo is a great joy I have.

*He has accused literal POC who are not race essentialists of being race traitors and also sends his kid to a private school.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Crowsbeak posted:

Please link. Seeing that literal loving racist* have to eat poo poo is a great joy I have.

*He has accused literal POC who are not race essentialists of being race traitors and also sends his kid to a private school.

it's an essay he wrote about chapos review of wonder woman on his patreon. the comments are where it gets even better cos he winds up arguing that ww1 era colonialism was good for western women because they got to go be nurses in the raj or something. when someone says colonialism/imperialism is violently anti feminist he defaults to "hmmm nuance much?" shitlibbery

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

a fatguy baldspot posted:

did you sense Amber's terf aura

TERF was the color of her energy

gh0stpinballa posted:

what in god's name is this babble

edit: ah right, you are implying i'm a transphobe based on nothing at all. i've finally made your list, guess i'm a true SA poster now. thank you.

expect two pink beads, two white beads, and two light blue beads in the mail, the trans mafia has listed you as a suppressive person.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

gh0stpinballa posted:

it's an essay he wrote about chapos review of wonder woman on his patreon. the comments are where it gets even better cos he winds up arguing that ww1 era colonialism was good for western women because they got to go be nurses in the raj or something. when someone says colonialism/imperialism is violently anti feminist he defaults to "hmmm nuance much?" shitlibbery

Holy poo poo. Seriously, he just is a straight up racist. I think the fact he cloaks it u der some claims of “feminism” (I read comic books). And he writes articles where he claims America’s working class are all violent reactionaries just always puts me in such a bad mood with the piece of poo poo. Also if anyone calls him out on twitter he immediately blocks.

“Color of here energy” whatever you say.....

Thank a God in heaven that Bernie did not bow down to radlibs and is proud of Joe’s endorsement.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

T-man posted:

expect two pink beads, two white beads, and two light blue beads in the mail, the trans mafia has listed you as a suppressive person.

i actually quite like your posts but the 2 times we have interacted directly i have received only hostile energy. fair enough imo i can still enjoy your posts.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Carl Diggler being a CIA op wouldn’t surprise me but only insofar as those cspam mods completely forgot how to spend their money

Like we know they’ve funded both “high culture” and “low culture” products during the Cold War that did not exactly always promote their ideological ends any more than than making sure that the United States was the dominant exporter of cultural products before but online satire these days? how the mighty have fallen.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Crowsbeak posted:

Holy poo poo. Seriously, he just is a straight up racist. I think the fact he cloaks it u der some claims of “feminism” (I read comic books). And he writes articles where he claims America’s working class are all violent reactionaries just always puts me in such a bad mood with the piece of poo poo. Also if anyone calls him out on twitter he immediately blocks.

his grift game is really strong tho, like his takes are so transparantly bad faith he attracts and filters out his critics quite easily via blocking, leaving only super radlibs to hang on his every word and hit that paypal link. he doesn't block high follow accounts who rag on him tho because he can leech clout from screengrabbing/quote tweeting. kind of respect the grift even tho i think he's a huge piece of poo poo.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

T-man posted:

I've gotten TERFy vibes from Amber but not Liz, as a trans woman. I think it's just that they don't seem to have done much reading in trans theory and they occasionally skew into some weird or awkward language from ignorance.

What is a "TERFy vibe" and what are you basing it on? Because it sounds like you're just hurling unfounded accusations based on nothing.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

gh0stpinballa posted:

his grift game is really strong tho, like his takes are so transparantly bad faith he attracts and filters out his critics quite easily via blocking, leaving only super radlibs to hang on his every word and hit that paypal link. he doesn't block high follow accounts who rag on him tho because he can leech clout from screengrabbing/quote tweeting. kind of respect the grift even tho i think he's a huge piece of poo poo.

I would call him a smarter Movie Blob. BTW following Movie Blob on twitter is great because he’ll post a movie review link for his YouTube. I’ll watch a minute and then realize I need to go running and run seven miles. Lost five pounds.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ace of Baes posted:

What is a "TERFy vibe" and what are you basing it on? Because it sounds like you're just hurling unfounded accusations based on nothing.

settle down beavis

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Ace of Baes posted:

vocal fry

gh0stpinballa posted:

i actually quite like your posts

lol

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
i could have sworn he was one of those globe emoji in display name perverts, i guess i'm mixing up my liberal pedophiles online

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

this is neither here nor there but the next episode of my pod is out either tomorrow or friday, we are going long on GLADIO, plenty of spooks and gangsters, murky underworld vibes, and the ghastly british. folks, i think you'll like it.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

gh0stpinballa posted:

a Florence Nightingale stan :monocle:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

gh0stpinballa posted:

this is neither here nor there but the next episode of my pod is out either tomorrow or friday, we are going long on GLADIO, plenty of spooks and gangsters, murky underworld vibes, and the ghastly british. folks, i think you'll like it.

Why is it not out now!? :argh:

Also, why isn't the episode on whatever topic you're covering next not out now!? :argh:

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Homeless Friend posted:

settle down beavis

just seems pretty racist to smear one of the only ethnically ambiguous members of the pod

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

gh0stpinballa posted:

Hell yeah, I listened to all the episodes you've put out over the weekend and it's good poo poo.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Ace of Baes posted:

just seems pretty racist to smear one of the only ethnically ambiguous members of the pod

incredible post to make. tremendous brain

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

ace of baes sign up for my patreon and you can tell me if my premium posts seem unwoke

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

i say swears online posted:

Virgil Texas (Justin Cass) is a gamer and host of Chapo Trap House. Previously, he worked with Felix on the Carl Diggler persona. Virgil is an aficionado of Elevators and Garfield. He is a PoC and the daughter of Alexis Texas.

just... in... case???

:tinfoil:

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing
this was definitely one of if not the best chapos ever, the last half was just pure one liners and them bouncing off each other, they were on point because they’re cocky because bernie is winning

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Ross DaouThot posted:

this was definitely one of if not the best chapos ever, the last half was just pure one liners and them bouncing off each other, they were on point because they’re cocky because bernie is winning

also it has a horrible op-ed that's got enough meat to riff on that it takes up most of the ep, definitely when it's at its best

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Crowsbeak posted:

I would call him a smarter Movie Blob. BTW following Movie Blob on twitter is great because he’ll post a movie review link for his YouTube. I’ll watch a minute and then realize I need to go running and run seven miles. Lost five pounds.

I def got movebob vibes from the whole 'uses wokeness as a paper thin shield for wanting to genocide the poor' thing, it's definitely not an uncommon attitude, just some are worse at hiding it

Crowsbeak posted:

I figure it's basically a more refined madonna/whore complex; there are good feminist liberal women and then there are whores for the patriarchy

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

all cis people are terfs (ACPAT)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

T-man posted:

all cis people are terfs (ACPAT)

that's absurd, there's plenty of cis people who aren't feminists

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I'm an ally *waiting for the applause*

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Crowsbeak posted:

Anna and Dasha are dumb as dogshit though.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Using a woke/feminist framing it should ironically be pretty obvious why criticism has a tendency to stick to Amber more than the guys.

In addition to that, I think that even though the Chapos as a whole are critical of idpol, and their detractors have a tendency to simplisticly equate them with chuds because of this they're actually pretty woke, and Amber being more exposed to criticism is partly a result of this; The heavy lifting of criticizing idpol is often left to her because the Chapos have at the very least internalized that it's a bad look for the dudes of the group to come out in front when doing so. On the flip side, when it's time to express messages of solidarity it's usually the dudes who do it, probably because they feel the need to do so more, and maybe because it's more novel and maybe even effective coming from them. I don't think this is a cynical thing though, it's just how the discourse works out in woke spaces, even one ostensibly critical of idpol. The rest of the Chapos are shutting up and listening when the woman speaks, and being supportive voices otherwise.

One could uncharitably read that as Amber being less woke, but I think that's unlikely, and it doesn't seem to hold up when reading her writings. As far as the TERF criticism I guess it's something that could be levied against most leftists favoring a class based analysis these days, depending on the viewpoint of the person making the accusation. Even 10 years ago TERF described a pretty specific ideology, one with a strong identitarian core that Amber explicitly rejects, but if the current day use applies to all perceived enemies, and not putting idpol as your primary, or in the case of centrists, only political priority makes you an enemy, then it makes some sense.

I still think the majority of people making that accusation are just trying to hurt the publicly leftist woman by any available means though.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i dont think amber is a terf because every terf ive seen is just a weird bigot who can barely keep it together

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

bless him

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lmao at deep amber analysis its just aesthetic pattern recognition false positive its nbd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

thotsky posted:

I still think the majority of people making that accusation are just trying to hurt the publicly leftist woman by any available means though.

Not really hard to imagine, on a larger scale look at the reaction to AOC; it's all 'shut up and get back in line smiling for us' from the rich white people