Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

day month year is how most countries do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

yeah well if most countries walked off a bridge, would you do it?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

YYYY / MM / DD or die in a fire

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

FrozenVent posted:

I just want Excel to recognize a goddamned date format instead of having to reformat cells from different data sets constantly

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I imagine having Tom Cotton as a PL would be similar to Captain America from GK

ENGAGE THOSE HUTS
they are not shooting at us and are far out of range of our weapons
THEN CLOSE AND ENGAGE!
no

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

yeah well if most countries walked off a bridge, would you do it?

50 months to the hogs head

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

quote:

Florida-based Howard-Browne was originally from South Africa but emigrated to the U.S. decades ago and has since gained a loyal following as the leader of Revival Ministries International. He has been called "God's bartender" and is known for flamboyant antics during church services, which include leading congregants as they apparently mimic drunkenness and make sounds resembling animal noises.

Florida AND South Africa!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I mean, he's right, just not for the reasons he thinks he is.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

FrozenVent posted:

:haibrow:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

FrozenVent posted:

egyptian rat race posted:

I just want Excel to recognize a goddamned date format instead of having to reformat cells from different data sets constantly

Yes, :same:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/30/politics/trump-landmines/index.html

quote:

Washington (CNN) The Trump administration is expected to loosen restrictions on the US military's ability to use landmines in the coming days, weapons that have been banned by more than 160 countries due to their history of killing and wounding civilians, multiple Defense Department officials tell CNN.

The move represents a major reversal from the approach of the Obama administration which in 2014 committed the US to largely adhering to the 1997 Ottawa Convention, the international agreement which banned the use, stockpiling, production and transfer of anti-personnel landmines.

This story is breaking and will be updated.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Crimes. Crimes? Crimes!

WAR CRIMES!

That is abhorrent.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
OK, so what are the odds that he's doing that because his big beautiful wall fell over, and he saw that we mined the Korean DMZ. "Nobody gets across there! Let's do that here! Bing bang, so simple!"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I wouldn’t put it past him trying to get the border mined.

And that just makes me sad.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

LingcodKilla posted:

I wouldn’t put it past him trying to get the border mined.

And that just makes me sad.

Like, no joke: I am, in point of fact, legitimately surprised that this hasn't been part of the project from the beginning.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
This is a good self-owning thread: https://twitter.com/chrisjacobshc/status/1222874181945241601?s=21

tl;dr guy weites like 15 tweets as he tries to call out columnist saying she’ll have lapse in insurance when she changes jobs by pointing out the ways she could limit the lapse to “only” 90 days and could pay “a few thousand dollars” to navigate through various healthcare coverage machinations as a partial stopgap.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I just got out of the two month hell window myself. Love to choose between spending $1300 a month on Cobra and praying no one gets sick for 60 days. Or applying for state coverage which won't kick in until after my 60 days up anyway because lol Illinois moving at a reasonable speed.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/oriana0214/status/1222911900729729026?s=21

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Voss, Phaneuf, whatever SAD team was in there, plus their Dark Lord and Master.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
At this point anyone arguing against M4A might as well just say they want people who have less than them to suffer, same for being against student debt relief or free college. There's literally no arguments against any of them that don't come back to being kind of a sociopath

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

maffew buildings posted:

At this point anyone arguing against M4A might as well just say they want people who have less than them to suffer, same for being against student debt relief or free college. There's literally no arguments against any of them that don't come back to being kind of a sociopath

that's pretty much how they frame it already, either that or in the "my daddy beat me and his daddy beat him before that, we are the spanish habsburgs of child abuse and by fuckin' god I'm gonna beat my kids too" sense of misery validation.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

It’s an insult to my suffering to make others suffer less

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
If we break the wheel then this car will stop speeding towards that cliff, and we can't have that!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Every argument against is the same brain dead poo poo you hear from SNCOs and terminal E-6s for why we have to continue to smash ourselves in the dick with a hammer despite there being no benefit and only negative consequences

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Shout out to all the billionaires, CEOs and corporations profiting massively off the broken as gently caress health care system. Still sociopathic poo poo stains on the underwear of humanity that would be better off introduced to some rope and a lamp post, but they're not doing it because they're idiots vomiting propaganda like the trolley up above. They're the ones making that propaganda because a bigger number in their off-shored bank account is more important than society wide misery and death.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Guys can we not imply hanging people for crimes against humanity? It’s got troubling historic undertones.

Guillotines have the opposite historic precedent!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
listen guys M4A could negatively affect the stock market and thus my 401k

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

M_Gargantua posted:

Guys can we not imply hanging people for crimes against humanity? It’s got troubling historic undertones.

Fine.

We'll grind them into fine powder and sell them as a cure for athlete's foot.

It's the capitalist way.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

listen guys M4A could negatively affect the stock market and thus my 401k

At the same time imagine being so miserable and craven that the only thing to look forward to is retirement

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I hadn't thought of it that way, just because the generations before us went and got careers, bought houses, had families that they didn't want because they were told that's what they're supposed to do that we as well should do the same thing and be wage slaves because it wouldn't be fair to them if we weren't loving miserable and have no options.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/30/upshot/bernie-sanders-indian-food.html

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Rand Paul (R-Broken Ribs) keeps trying to out the whistleblower in his question and Roberts keeps owning him and making him mad.

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/1222947360608858113?s=19

https://twitter.com/kadiagoba/status/1222947877103771649?s=19

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

https://twitter.com/maxjrosenthal/status/1222949900977082370?s=19

It's also a pretty good sign at how the internet has broken my brain that as soon as I saw "fur" I thought AAAAH

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

Unironically agree, guillotines are a huge waste when they could be sent to the Montana gulags to build wind farms instead.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Fister Roboto posted:

Unironically agree, guillotines are a huge waste when they could be sent to the Montana gulags to build wind farms instead.

Then use the windmills as guillotines after

brains
May 12, 2004

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-is-expected-to-expand-landmine-use-by-loosening-restrictions-2020-1

quote:

The Trump administration plans to reverse Obama-era limits on landmines that would give the US military more freedom to use these brutal weapons that are banned by countries around the world, according to multiple reports.

The US is not a signatory to the 1997 treaty prohibiting the use, stockpiling, production and transfer of anti-personnel mines (APLs) which more than 160 countries have signed, but the Obama administration committed the US in June 2014 to upholding "the spirit and humanitarian aims of the" treaty. The only exception, the Obama administration revealed that September, was the defense of South Korea.

US policy has been for years that the use of APLs is forbidden outside of the Korean Peninsula, hidden weapons that maim civilians even years after a war is over. Trump is expected to overturn that policy in coming days.

"There is a change coming out, but I am not going to comment on it before it is," Secretary of Defense Mark Esper said Thursday. State Department and Pentagon officials offered some details to Vox and CNN though.

The US "will not sacrifice American service members' safety, particularly when technologically advanced safeguards are available that can allow landmines to be employed responsibly to ensure our military's warfighting advantage, while also limiting the risk of unintended harm to civilians" a State Department cable obtained by Vox's Alex Ward reads.

The cable reportedly says that under the new policy, landmine usage will be permitted around the world. Only those landmines that have a 30-day self-destruct or self-deactivation feature will be available for use, CNN's Ryan Browne reports, citing defense officials. So-called persistent landmines, which do not self-destruct, will continue to be prohibited.

why do i feel like this is the brainworms' response to the manda bay attack?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

It really is impressive how Republicans just completely ignore piles and piles of empirical data that investing in education and healthcare leads to not only broad based increases in the quality of life in a country, but also contributes to growth in the long run.

Like it's not even a take from the rich and give to the poor argument at this point, our pants on head approach to these things is coming at the expense of the rest of the economy. There's the barest percentage of sociopaths who don't mind trampling on the poor for short term personal gains. But most conservative voters want people with less to suffer and are willing to suffer for it, how do you even get into that state of mind? Sociopathy implies self-interest, it is too generous of a description for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It really is impressive how Republicans just completely ignore piles and piles of empirical data that investing in education and healthcare leads to not only broad based increases in the quality of life in a country, but also contributes to growth in the long run.

This assumes they want to see increases in the quality of life or long term growth.

Remember, this is the party of FYGM.