Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Look Sir Droids posted:

What is this announcement for free Half-Life in Steam? Neither HL1 or 2 are showing up as free for me.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/57848/

Try this link.
https://store.steampowered.com/franchise/Half-Life/list/35960

I have them all, but they all show up there for me.

Oh wait, you said show up for free, nm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Reminder that you should be playing HL2 with MMod.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
You should be playing it in VR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEd1TaGd-xA

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Bridge is free on Epic now but who gives a poo poo because next week is Farming Simulator 19!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

njsykora posted:

The Bridge is free on Epic now but who gives a poo poo because next week is Farming Simulator 19!

Why would I want to play last year’s edition when they don’t have the latest roster updates? How can I cheer for the farmers from Holland, Michigan when they don’t have Fernando-4513 in their stable?!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

njsykora posted:

Unironically pumped as gently caress for this. I've got a big group of friends who always said we'd give this a go if we could get it cheap and if it had online.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

https://store.steampowered.com/app/226667/Expansion__Crusader_Kings_II_Sons_of_Abraham/

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

njsykora posted:

big news for german goons

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Samuringa posted:

big news for german goons

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

This picture belongs in this thread, because as all Germans know: Arbeit macht frei

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

flowinprose posted:

This picture belongs in this thread, because as all Germans know: Arbeit macht frei

More like Arbeit macht freizeit.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
More like freizeit macht arbeit.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

dogstile posted:

Unironically pumped as gently caress for this. I've got a big group of friends who always said we'd give this a go if we could get it cheap and if it had online.

Same. 17 was a pretty big step up from 15 but GIANTS prices FS titles and their DLCs like this ain't super niche farming sim stuff.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Mordja posted:

Reminder that you should be playing HL2 with MMod.

I actually tried this but got the good old client library error.
God, I hate sourcemods so much.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
Just a reminder for those who've forgotten, Farming Simulator '19 is free starting today. Whenever Epic updates their store, that is.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

My Spirit Otter posted:

Just a reminder for those who've forgotten, Farming Simulator '19 is free starting today. Whenever Epic updates their store, that is.

I think it's 6pm UK time, which is in 2 hrs 20 mins from now.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Actually its 8am pst which was 2 mins ago.
So I guess 4pm uk time.

And next week we get Carcasonne, Ticket to Ride AND Pandemic.
Like we needed a game about a pandemic now. :D

efb

OgNar fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jan 30, 2020

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It's up now (4pm GMT). Next ones are a bunch of board games, Carcassone, Ticket to Ride and Pandemic.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Pandemic is going to be nice, I have absolutely no idea how Carcassone and Ticket To Ride work.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Better than a lot of other things you could do at a family gathering, worse than anything people actually want to do.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Samuringa posted:

Pandemic is going to be nice, I have absolutely no idea how Carcassone and Ticket To Ride work.

Well, you'll get a chance to learn in 4 years, when you finally remember you got it for free next week.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

gently caress farming simulator and the board games actually sound great but I don't want to get the epic launcher.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I think you do, friend. Give innnnnn

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Join us friend
Join uuuuuuuussssssssss

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It's not like you need the client to redeem the games. Without GOG Galaxy I wouldn't even know what games I own on the Epic Store, because I haven't gotten around to playing them.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I've played all those board games IRL, they're all pretty good.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

How does gog galaxy work? I download the drm free launchers. Does it kick from gog to epic like how steam would kick over to uplay?

zharmad
Feb 9, 2010

ilmucche posted:

How does gog galaxy work? I download the drm free launchers. Does it kick from gog to epic like how steam would kick over to uplay?

It kicks over to epic for the install but after the install you can exit epic and launch directly from galaxy.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

zharmad posted:

It kicks over to epic for the install but after the install you can exit epic and launch directly from galaxy.

OR, if you don't use GOG, you can still launch 'some' of the games directly from the desktop.

Some games (FTL, Shadow Tactics) can be run straight from their exe.
While some games (Subnautica) cannot.
Though you would still need EGS installed to install them.

You, of course, don't have to buy from them, I don't but more than happy to take their free poo poo.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
To elaborate slightly more, Galaxy has a dedicated settings page for other accounts that uses whoever's API to view and action your games. You basically sign in to whatever service through Galaxy (after doing your 2FA obviously) and Galaxy pulls relevant info: Friends, playtime, achievements, what you own, and what's installed. You can then install/uninstall/launch/basic functions via Galaxy. If a game requires the actual platform you own it on to be open (most games on Steam, seemingly Control on EGS) it does the usual thing of popping that open and launching from there.

It's a nice place to aggregate all of your gaming accounts, even ones that are purely friends lists like Playstation. It doesn't do much but it isn't intended to, it does what it needs to perfectly fine.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
From the games that I have actually paid for, Hades and Outer Wilds booted fine from Steam, while Shakedown Hawaii needed to be directly from the EGS client. Doesn't seem like there's any logic to it aside from what the dev probably needed so just ask beforehand.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Samuringa posted:

From the games that I have actually paid for, Hades and Outer Wilds booted fine from Steam, while Shakedown Hawaii needed to be directly from the EGS client. Doesn't seem like there's any logic to it aside from what the dev probably needed so just ask beforehand.

I'm guessing anything that's Unity based must be hooked directly in. But that's a stretched guess.

VVVVV -- Sweet, will give it a try. ..... Yeah -EpicPortal works great.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 30, 2020

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

you can run Subnautica by using -EpicPortal as a launch parameter (like you can set that in Steam) but yeah that's gonna be a case by case thing I assume

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

ilmucche posted:

gently caress farming simulator and the board games actually sound great but I don't want to get the epic launcher.

If you do sign up for it make sure it's with an email you don't mind being constantly bombarded with fraudulent password reset requests and login confirmations. And for the love of god don't save any credit card info with them

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Sleeveless posted:

If you do sign up for it make sure it's with an email you don't mind being constantly bombarded with fraudulent password reset requests and login confirmations. And for the love of god don't save any credit card info with them

Used my real email, have never received any of these except for when I try to log in

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I got it a bit at the beginning with epic but not lately. Still get that poo poo all the time with blizzard though.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Oh poo poo Carcassone is my favourite board game nobody wants to play with me.

Epic is on a hot streak here with these games. I wonder if I'll ever actually buy anything from them.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Borderlands broke me.

It's really good. As is rebel galaxy Outlaw.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Do these board games have any online multiplayer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Breetai posted:

Borderlands broke me.

It's really good. As is rebel galaxy Outlaw.

Let me guess an Epic Exclusive?
Another game I wont get to play...for now.