Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What were the chants?

It was apparently directed at Nyla Rose so I can have a pretty solid guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Zombie Lemur posted:

Doesn't having the stars after their name also mean they support Michael Flynn or some dumb poo poo like that?

I lost track. something about a donut too.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

njsykora posted:

It was apparently directed at Nyla Rose so I can have a pretty solid guess.

Oh for gently caress's sake.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

coconono posted:

That's not even close to how the 1st amendment works.

It is correct in saying that if AEW plays a "don't be a dick, here's the rules" video and people ignore it, get bounced out of the show, then AEW has done all they can do.

I dunno if the people chanting got bounced or not, that's the key part here.

The promotion also have the option of banning the people involved, if they want to get more hardcore about it.

I remmeber a few years ago there was a Fight Club Pro show in Wolverhampton where a bunch of drunk idiots were chanting "get your tits out for the lads" at Millie McKenzie (who was 17 at the time, not that it would be acceptable if she had been older). Fight Club Pro didn't just chuck them out, they banned them from attending their shows. If I remember correctly Riptide heard about it and pre-emptively banned them too.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I'm not really sure how that works in american markets when you buy tickets through 3rd party sellers and resellers.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

yeah I'm not really sure how that works in american markets when you buy tickets through 3rd party sellers and resellers.

They can turn anyone away at the door so it would just require being vigilant and keeping an eye out for the dudes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gumball Gumption posted:

They can turn anyone away at the door so it would just require being vigilant and keeping an eye out for the dudes.

Which might not work as expected if its arena staff(who don't work for AEW) on door and ticket duty. But I guess if FIFA can do it, AEW can.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
they give the people working a door a list with names/pictures of persona non grata. (greetings from the security side)

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

coconono posted:

I lost track. something about a donut too.

The donut was from when someone within the Democratic party attempted to go talk to leadership about issues following the 2016 elections. Since they knew what she had to say wasn't going to be complementary they tried to stall her and throw her off guard by offering donuts and other such niceties. She refused to accept and repeated her request to speak to leadership, and then her saying something about how she wasn't going to accept the donuts became this huge point of mockery among Dem status quo twitter.

This then led to a really stupid series of events in which Clinton Boys put donuts on their Twitter handles and Bernie Bros put corncobs on their handles. That then led to someone digging up a 10 year old urban dictionary definition to claim that this was all the Sanders supporters threatening to rape Clinton supporters.

It was super loving stupid and anyone still using either of those in their twitter handle should be avoided imo.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I have never had a Twitter account. I see this as one of the few unambiguously correct life choices I've made.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Twitter should just be avoided at all costs

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

coconono posted:

It works much better in a small indie scene where everyone knows everyone, certainly.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cerebral Bore posted:

I have never had a Twitter account. I see this as one of the few unambiguously correct life choices I've made.

But how are you meant to send abuse to Alan Sugar & Piers Morgan & Luke 'Var of Piss' Akehurst?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

super macho dude posted:

Twitter should just be avoided at all costs

Seriously I don't get how people get so wrapped into it. I can't imagine what life would be like when you're constantly getting into it with random idiots all day everyday.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It was a lot more enjoyable before 2016.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Twitter has a lot of dumb people on it but it's pretty easy to curate the stupidity out of your own timeline.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

imagine going after nyla. imagine invoking the wroth of the icp. fools. idiots

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JT Smiley posted:

Seriously I don't get how people get so wrapped into it. I can't imagine what life would be like when you're constantly getting into it with random idiots all day everyday.

Because it's fun as hell.

Also pray for Mike Kurtz.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Also pray for Mike Kurtz.

It's a good thing they pay him to be controversial because you know he lost his rear end when that stock dropped.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

do not doxx me

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

quote:

People on here are pretending that Lacey Evans is some super elaborate dog whistle about white power or imperialism or some poo poo, yet in the next breath will tell you the whole story about the formation of the bullet club without a hint of recognition that the bullet club represents Japans BLATANT xenophobia. Like c'mon guys a group of white and non Japanese Asian wrestlers cause havok in njpw, disrespect and spit on tradition and culture and beat Japanese wrestlers? poo poo you couldn't ask for a better example of Japanese distrust of outsiders and what they think they will do.

Saw this on reddit lmao

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I can't believe that a wrestling company has a gimmick of "foreign heel" that's never happened before.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Lacey Evans is a white supremacist?

The problem with not really following wrestling that much anymore is that I can never tell who's making poo poo up.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Saw this on reddit lmao
i think pretty much everyone recognises that japan is turbo racist, this is a really lazy strawman drat

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Lacey Evans is a white supremacist?

She's a troop who let her kid do blackface, make your own interpretation

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

But have you seen her "Sweet Tea" promo?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Lovely

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Lacey made a post on Twitter and showed her kid working in her garden. Innocuous, right? The caption was something like "I'm raising my daughter to work hard not like those helpless entitled people who can't do anything for themselves and need a handout."

You don't exactly need your white supremacy decoder ring to figure that one out

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welfare_queen

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm not denying it, I was asking a question. I already admitted that I rarely watch anymore so I was simply trying to find out what's hyperbole and what's reality in all these unhinged posts. I'm not even sure which one Lacey Evans is, though I think it was the 40s pin-up gimmick.

And thanks for the Wikipedia definition for welfare queen, I somehow have never heard that term before. We should look further into this phenomenon.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yeah she bad OP

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pinche Rudo posted:

Lacey made a post on Twitter and showed her kid working in her garden. Innocuous, right? The caption was something like "I'm raising my daughter to work hard not like those helpless entitled people who can't do anything for themselves and need a handout."

You don't exactly need your white supremacy decoder ring to figure that one out

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welfare_queen

When she was in NXT they put her in the alt-right dogwhistle faction

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Saw this on reddit lmao

There's certainly truth in the OP but as far as racist caricatures go it is a much cooler one than Saba Simba or Mr Fuji or Mexicools or Mohammad Hassan or Cryme Time or Umaga. Certainly as a white person I can't say I've lost much sleep over the derogatory portrayal of westerns in the Bullet Club.

Also worth adding that on the 1 year anniversary of BC forming they had their first Japanese member, Yujiro. And then they added original Bone Soldier as well. 5/12 current members are Japanese. It's long past any xenophobic roots it may have had (& I'm not even sure how much of the original idea of BC goes back to Devitt & Fale rather than Gedo & co)

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Saw this on reddit lmao

non-Japanese Asian wrestlers like

*checks notes*

KENTA, Yujiro, Taiji Ishimori, Gedo & Jado.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Saw this on reddit lmao

I mean Kenny mentioned in his Wrestlers on the Road Eating Room Service video that he felt kind of offended at first that when he signed to NJPW he was automatically slotted in Bullet Club like that's just where all foreigners are supposed to go. I mean just because foreign heel is a common thing doesn't make it less lovely, and Japan definitely still has an issue with xenophobia.

One of NJPW's executives ended up working for Shinzo "nothing happened in Nanking" Abe, right? And part of why the Elite left was getting jerked around on contracts because they were foreigners?

I don't even know who Lacey Evans is so maybe the bad opinion is that part.

E: had this on my phone at the end of work and like a whole page went by during my drive.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

source the new japan exec working for abe thing or be presumed to be posting shootnamejustin fabrications because i've never seen it elsewhere

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Japan got nuked, I think it’s ok for then to be like “yanqui dogs go home”

Lacey Evans looks like a nursery aide caught putting the black infants in the dumpster.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

source the new japan exec working for abe thing or be presumed to be posting shootnamejustin fabrications because i've never seen it elsewhere

I read it in this forum. IIRC it might have been the same guy that booked his wrestlers in real fights with MMA fighters but didn't tell the wrestlers it was real.

E: looks like Inoki was in politics during Abe's tenure as PM, but I know nothing about the Japanese parties so I don't know if he had a post in the same party or a coalition government or what. He was out of NJPW by that point anyway.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 31, 2020

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

antonio inoki hasn't been involved in new japan pro wrestling for 15 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I read it in this forum. IIRC it might have been the same guy that booked his wrestlers in real fights with MMA fighters but didn't tell the wrestlers it was real.

The latter would be Antonio Inoki & he's had nothing to do with New Japan in over a decade. Unlike WWE which is still owned & run by the guy who thought Akeem The African Dream & Virgil were good ideas.