Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

From the 2018 WHO manual in containing epidemics:

https://twitter.com/RCarranza_/status/1220960337064878081?s=20

This is the usual bad faith concern trolling from the white left

do you think that every criticism of China is concern trolling from the white left? Because that's a pretty effective way to shut down any discussion you don't like

https://chinamediaproject.org/2020/01/27/dramatic-actions/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

it's true, it's doubtful any country's response to this crisis would be as forceful, drastic, and coordinated as china's

which is why poo poo's gonna get real crazy once it has a foothold outside china

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Enfys posted:

China let the virus circulate from early December while actively suppressing the release of information about it for weeks, then suddenly lept into visibly public action by quarantining entire regions, so it's not automatic sinophobia to criticise their response or lol about all the WHO arselicking how great the response is a week after they expressed serious doubts about the "quarantine entire cities" plan

was it 'china' or the hubei government?

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Enfys posted:

do you think that every criticism of China is concern trolling from the white left? Because that's a pretty effective way to shut down any discussion you don't like

Imagine linking to the NED-backed china regime change project thinking that refutes anything I've said.

Obviously not every criticism of the CCP is racist concern trolling, whites just tend to criticize along patronizing orientalist and racist tropes

Modest Mao posted:

was it 'china' or the hubei government?

Doesn't matter, to white people all asiatics are some kind of hive mind so a local government fuckup can be directly laid at the feet of the national government.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Idia posted:

It's actually amazing that China has shut major cities down and people are still able to go to the market and not panic about it. I can't fathom the US doing this. We would have hosed up and not done the quarantine at all. It is a great response. Sorry China wins this round.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

yeah, the hubei government hosed this up massively, and the PRC has done about all it can do since its taken over.

also please ignore CAPS LOCK BROKEN, he is a troll who should have been permad sometime after his 7th ban or 90th probation

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i think the guy claiming concern trolling is in fact concern trolling

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Enfys posted:

Just gonna Kramer on in to cspam and talk about how communist governments are actually... Bad? Wait, this can't be right?

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

white media bubble

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

speaking of the white media, the masks are off (so to speak):

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

white guy with opinions on china

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Also telling how whites

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

the white left

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

whites

white people

lol

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

CSPAM: noted fans of white people

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

GBS is that way.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we all dead yet

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Enfys posted:

I think that

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

IAMKOREA posted:

Just gonna Kramer on in to cspam and talk about how communist governments are actually... Bad? Wait, this can't be right?

just kramering into this forum I've been regularly posting in, yes

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007
No guys, I've been posting in cspam about how communism sucks on the reg, I'm not Kramering!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

we all dead yet

I wish

wake me up when we’re dead, tia

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

yeah, the hubei government hosed this up massively, and the PRC has done about all it can do since its taken over.

also please ignore CAPS LOCK BROKEN, he is a troll who should have been permad sometime after his 7th ban or 90th probation

yeah it feels like this was the state government going "we got this" until it was manifestly clear they didn't got this and the feds had to chain the stable door shut

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
*krampus-es into cspam* as someone from the north I,

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

yeah it feels like this was the state government going "we got this" until it was manifestly clear they didn't got this and the feds had to chain the stable door shut

worse than that, the local government wanted to cover it up because it would mean cancelling poo poo like a 90,000 person new years banquet that had been painstakingly planned months in advance. they were able to suppress it up until the national government came knocking because the infection started spreading beyond hubei. it's not 2003, china has a well developed high speed rail and civil aviation network. places that never saw SARS were seeing cases of wuhan virus.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

United Airlines pilot union striking to block flight to China

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Vishass posted:

United Airlines pilot union striking to block flight to China

yeah this is going to happen with all the american airlines.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

unless either every single country halts travel in and out of china rather than the airlines or china halts it themselves, there's absolutely nothing that can really be done to stop someone from buying one ticket to the effective layover and then another to china

never mind that the virus has spread at this point so basically the entire airline network needs to just shut down for a couple weeks or more to be most effective, and that doesn't even stop all the other mass transport

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

that isn't to blame china because halting all travel in and out would cripple the world economy for whatever period of time it happened, and considering the population density and that there are like 1.5 billion people in the country, 10k is barely anything at all, it could be much worse

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Also telling how whites eagerly donated millions to save koala bears in australia and cathedrals in paris but won't raise a finger to help with wuhan, except condemn chinese people as usual
They never donated to Notre Dame.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Doesn't matter, to white people all asiatics are some kind of hive mind so a local government fuckup can be directly laid at the feet of the national government.
America is all the hosed up idiotic state governments too. You don't get the prestige of being a huge federal state without also being responsible for incompetent state governments, that's just part of the deal.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Somebody should finish the job on Notre Dame IMO

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

A Buttery Pastry posted:

They never donated to Notre Dame.

A majority of the funding to rebuild Paris’s Notre Dame cathedral has come from small donations, particularly from Americans, the church said.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I can't wait for later this year when there's side by side posts of people who panicked about coronavirus and their loved ones talking about how they passed away from the flu.

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

CSPAM: noted fans of white people

Post hukou or gtfo

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

any goons who donated to notre dame should be banned imo

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

ikanreed posted:

I can't wait for later this year when there's side by side posts of people who panicked about coronavirus and their loved ones talking about how they passed away from the flu.

That QCS thread for dead posters very well timed.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Wait is the virus really this fat meatball

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ikanreed posted:

worth noting that the first-ever PHEIC was for swine flu in 2009, a global pandemic that caused literally hundreds of thousands of deaths including over 3,000 in the US, and people barely even remember it now

e: actually it was 12,000 according to the CDC

vyelkin fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 30, 2020

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

ikanreed posted:

I can't wait for later this year when there's side by side posts of people who panicked about coronavirus and their loved ones talking about how they passed away from eating taco bell big box and making GBS threads too hard on toilet.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

a few good men speech except its caps lock on the wall protecting us from gbs

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

vyelkin posted:

worth noting that the first-ever PHEIC was for swine flu in 2009, a global pandemic that caused literally hundreds of thousands of deaths including over 3,000 in the US, and people barely even remember it now

It originated in north america, therefore the people most responsible for ensuring its control can't be held accountable for its eventual pandemic.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

CongoJack posted:

That QCS thread for dead posters very well timed.

what did they know

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Rated PG-34 posted:

if it’s true that this virus does align with American ‘national interests’, then surely the cia engineered this virus and spread it intentionally

Not to defend the CIA but if the virus is actually working as intended then that pretty much exonerates them completely.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

It originated in north america, therefore the people most responsible for ensuring its control can't be held accountable for its eventual pandemic.

drat things must be really bad for real lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Quarantine Explainer