Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

R.D. Mangles posted:

WHY DO THEY DO A loving CUT WITH EVERY SENTENCE THIS IS ON A TON OF INTERNET VIDEO STUFF AND IT DRIVES ME INSANE

This is the worst thing to come up on the internet in the last few years, and I'm including the creeping rise of fascism in that evaluation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

R.D. Mangles posted:

WHY DO THEY DO A loving CUT WITH EVERY SENTENCE THIS IS ON A TON OF INTERNET VIDEO STUFF AND IT DRIVES ME INSANE

Yeah, it's obnoxious. I don't know if it's a case of limited coverage, so they're cutting together a bunch of unrelated footage to make something mostly cohesive, or if it's a time savings so they can cram more content in by cutting out the "blank" space between sentences. Or maybe something else? I dunno, but it's the talking head equivalent of a music video with really good choreography, but you can't track it because they cut every 1-2 seconds.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's like every internet video is some max headroom poo poo, it's infuriating and i generally don't understand why they do it, is there anyone here in video production who can explain this?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

if it's a time savings so they can cram more content in by cutting out the "blank" space between sentences.

Its this. I know people who do these edits for money and its essentially to chop interviews into smaller segments while keeping as much content/thoughts/talking points as possible while removing all the dead space, and "uhhhhs" and sentences that don't add anything.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

that's the same soothing effect as them cutting out the tenths of a second between sentences in the part of the radio commercial when they're listing Disclaimers

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

To channel Mangles..

Papi... is BACK

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Are they trying to make Kevin Clark into Jason Concepcion with Slow News Day

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

illcendiary posted:

Are they trying to make Kevin Clark into Jason Concepcion with Slow News Day

He's been doing it for like three years now at least

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Papi

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

MourningView posted:

He's been doing it for like three years now at least

Oh drat I had no idea, never mind then

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsPR/status/1224399857697402880
https://twitter.com/crupicrupicrupi/status/1224404290254581763

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Super Bowl ratings are out

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsPR/status/1224399857697402880?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/1224399122079211520?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

AA posted:

And while the game was up from last year (stopping a trend of four straight years of declines since 2015’s high watermark of 114 million viewers), it was still the second least-watched Super Bowl of the last 11 years. The 102 million viewers is down by over three million from 2018 (roughly 105.5 million), and ten million down from 2017 (113 million).

The game did draw an impressive 757,000 million viewers on Fox Deportes (per NFL.com’s Gil Brandt), which appears to be the best mark ever for a Spanish broadcast.

However, when you combine Brandt’s data with that provided by Fox, it’s reasonable to do the back of envelope math and come to the conclusion that the streaming audience for Super Bowl LIV was around 1.4 million, the lowest streaming audience since 2016 (which also saw 1.4 million viewers stream the game) and over a million fewer viewers than the 2019 mark on CBS (around 2.6 million).

All in all, this is a mixed bag for Fox and the NFL. Viewership was up all season across the NFL’s TV packages, so it’s no surprise that the Super Bowl was up as well, However, while the viewership was up from last year, it still couldn’t hit the high marks of the last decade.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is this a long term trend of Basketball becoming the dominant sport? Or just a case of "there are so many more things to do now than just watch the super bowl"

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

algebra testes posted:

Is this a long term trend of Basketball becoming the dominant sport? Or just a case of "there are so many more things to do now than just watch the super bowl"

Basketball is down too, not quite as markedly as NFL though (which had an absurd peak of viewership for a while there). It's more of a "People aren't watching as much TV and the casual fan is shrinking" thing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Football is still by far the most dominant sport.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah football may be coming off its peak but that peak is still waaayyyy the gently caress above any of the other sports

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
loving incredible that everytime someone posts a tweet or whatever that shows the nfl was down 1% people gotta kool-aid man into the thread to remind us that the nfl is still top dawg baby :clint:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Peanut President posted:

loving incredible that everytime someone posts a tweet or whatever that shows the nfl was down 1% people gotta kool-aid man into the thread to remind us that the nfl is still top dawg baby :clint:

I’m responding to someone saying it’s basketball?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
The NFL will remain top dog until the promised Great Boomer Die-Off that we’ve been promised for years.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

https://twitter.com/mulvihill79/status/1224421086537953280

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

i'm the pimple popper watcher

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It must have been a really big pimple pop to go up against the superbowl.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Mahoning posted:

The NFL will remain top dog until the promised Great Boomer Die-Off that we’ve been promised for years.

I think more like it'll be top dog until the talent well dries up as kids stop playing the sport.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

DJExile posted:

i'm the pimple popper watcher
There was a Twitter sponsored post revealing the fact that there's now a tangent show called "My Feet Are Killing Me"

NOPE

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

There was a Twitter sponsored post revealing the fact that there's now a tangent show called "My Feet Are Killing Me"

NOPE

somewhere out there Rex Ryan gets a half-chub

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Jessica Mendoza resigned her position with the Mets and re-signed with ESPN. She’ll do color commentary solo on the weeknight baseball games on ESPN this year.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Mahoning posted:

Jessica Mendoza resigned her position with the Mets and re-signed with ESPN. She’ll do color commentary solo on the weeknight baseball games on ESPN this year.

Abolish all 3 person booths.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Peanut President posted:

Jeopardy’s GOAT championship did triple the numbers basketball was doing.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Doctor Teeth posted:

I don't understand why concacaf doesn't just have the top 2 highest placing teams at the world cup go to the olympics like uefa does

drat would you look at that the us and canada, the 2 highest finishers at the world cup from concacaf, are the ones who are going. glad there was a waste of time tournament to confirm it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So, uh, this happened:

https://twitter.com/sabanfaux/status/1226620189908885504

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jesus loving christ

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

My favorite part to moments like these are their cohosts frantically trying to segue to literally anything else while silently murdering their counterpart with their eyes.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

For those of us unable to watch... the summary?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

For those of us unable to watch... the summary?

He's doing a pitch on Friday Night Heights or whatever the women's gymnastics show is called on SEC Network. The gist is he wants to 'go hang out with the ladies' and watch 'scantily clad girls.'

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

College gymnastics is cool and good and has less of the despair and sadness that elite level gymnastics does (at least on the women's side). It's a shame to see it being put in those terms.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/thelatinochild/status/1226739159613812736

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lol

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ/status/1226874778247729152

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Grittybeard posted:

He's doing a pitch on Friday Night Heights or whatever the women's gymnastics show is called on SEC Network. The gist is he wants to 'go hang out with the ladies' and watch 'scantily clad girls.'

That is impossibly gross :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Grittybeard posted:

That's the shot.

The chaser is him doubling down and saying, "Gonna stay at home and watch gymnastics," like he's comping on a cigar, raising his eyebrows up and down, and saying, "giggity."