Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
ah yes, the fine working class folx down at the CIA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

dsa cia caucaus

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

I think that guy might be "doing irony"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm (still) not extremely online enough to entirely follow what happened to Clara Sorrenti that she had to resign from the Communist Party of Canada (apparently just within the hour as I type this), but that kinda sucks, she's good people.

Anyone have an idea of what went down?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://thecommunistcurrent.libsyn.com/claras-resignation-from-the-communist-party-of-canada

At 28:36 she starts talking about it. Basically, the party wasn't on board with condemning settler colonialism in their party program, China sucks, some other stuff.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
all i know about the CPC is that they post a lot on twitter

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Clara said she hosed up her brain by posting edgy poo poo on Twitter. More evidence for the wisdom of the "never tweet" lifestyle.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm (still) not extremely online enough to entirely follow what happened to Clara Sorrenti that she had to resign from the Communist Party of Canada (apparently just within the hour as I type this), but that kinda sucks, she's good people.

oh my god so this is the culmination of her getting in a twitter slapfight with misha over whether China is a capitalist state doing colonialism, ahahaha

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Clara said she hosed up her brain by posting edgy poo poo on Twitter. More evidence for the wisdom of the "never tweet" lifestyle.

lmao

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

im permabanned poster tankiestomper58,

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

gradenko_2000 posted:

She always struck me as kind of a grifter idiot, to be honest.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

ah the ML internet poster arc

uncop
Oct 23, 2010
Late to the Arendt chat but I opened my Losurdo and finally remembered another thing she's known for: equation of the USSR with Nazi Germany as totalitarian empires running on their own pan-ethnic ideologies and which could as well have been allies against western liberalism as enemies in WW2. The Cold War historical revisionism makes for an interesting combination with her advanced race theory.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

deleting and never going back to twitter owns. i lost 60lbs and now i have sex

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

https://thecommunistcurrent.libsyn.com/claras-resignation-from-the-communist-party-of-canada

At 28:36 she starts talking about it. Basically, the party wasn't on board with condemning settler colonialism in their party program, China sucks, some other stuff.
it sounds like the party didn't even want her to tweet about settler colonialism. there's a weird thing with these micro-parties how they demand their members all obey the "line" like democratic centralism means everyone has to have the same opinions on everything. then they wonder why they never grow. it's why i've always been wary of these groups.

Serf
May 5, 2011

why on earth were white people on twitter calling her "yt settler" and attacking her over juche then

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Serf posted:

why on earth were white people on twitter calling her "yt settler" and attacking her over juche then

lots of dumb people on twitter

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
yt settler is what han solo got called when he didn't get a new ship

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Serf posted:

Online communism is basically a secularized religion and that's how heretics are treated.

One aspect of her resignation address that's impossible to get away from is how much it resembles a classic "finding my faith/being strong in my faith/losing my faith" narrative arc from contemporary Christianity.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
i would never call somebody with a vowel at the end of their surname yt

THS
Sep 15, 2017

this jacobin article about micah white is pretty funny

Micah White Is the Ultimate Occupy Grifter

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Online communism is basically a secularized religion and that's how heretics are treated.

One aspect of her resignation address that's impossible to get away from is how much it resembles a classic "finding my faith/being strong in my faith/losing my faith" narrative arc from contemporary Christianity.

pulling out a marx quote when your opinions get criticised ftw. devil quotes scripture

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
I quote marx: "imbecile"

I think he was talking about you :mmmhmm:

Slim Jim Pickens fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 30, 2020

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

YT (Yakub’s Trick)

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

THS posted:

this jacobin article about micah white is pretty funny

Micah White Is the Ultimate Occupy Grifter

happen to have another one about Justine Tunney?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Online communism

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What are we organizing?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
what? Are we organizing?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
What are we? Organizing???

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Organizing? What?! We are!?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

lets organize the first annual cspam clambake

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Serf posted:

yt is the zoomer way of saying whitey and she's a white Canadian so she's the descendant of settlers. I can't tell from your post of they were attacking her for being for or against juche but I hope we all at least know what the correct position is with regards to that

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

in online communism karma points are taken from the best posters and given to the worst posters

also mods are internet cops, don't trust e'm even if they're LK

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

in online communism karma points are taken from the best posters and given to the worst posters

:hmmyes:

Serf
May 5, 2011

Autism Sneaks posted:

yt is the zoomer way of saying whitey and she's a white Canadian so she's the descendant of settlers. I can't tell from your post of they were attacking her for being for or against juche but I hope we all at least know what the correct position is with regards to that

i understand the meaning of the phrase. it makes less sense to call her that if she wanted to talk about it tho. as for juche i only know it as a joke

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

T-man posted:

*riding in on my segway*

sir, this is a mall

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Algund Eenboom posted:

I am not leaving this forum (bad job, brain continously thinking about european left-behind networks, the nba thread is good), I'm just making fun of the other guy. But I appreciate that you like the avatar :)

god bless the nba thread

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Lightning Knight posted:

*riding in on my segway*

sir, this is a mall

I mean you're no ratcoon mod but she's escaped this hell so you're the best of the rest

the poster's revolutionary army will united and ban all mods and the mod's mods will be hellbanned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

R. Guyovich posted:

“Not Trotskyist, eh?” said the small voice. “Are you sure? You could be a neocon, you know, it’s all here in your head, and Trotsky will help you on the way to Fox News punditry, no doubt about that — no? Well, if you’re sure — better be MARCYITE!”

reminiscing on good posts