Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Henry IIIIIIII

I would have accepted Henry IIII III

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

ronya posted:

if you want cadre control of the execution of violence, rather than diffusing arms to the masses, you probably want more Lenin and less Mao in your M-L breakfast cereal

I prefer Anarch-Os

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Pilchenstein posted:

Also, while I'm here:

Shut the gently caress up you tiresome weapon :v:

I take offence to that, I'm a pacifist! Should of called me a tool

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Continuity RCP posted:

I prefer Anarch-Os

Brek-unins

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Henry 1000

Or Henry Jr Jr Jr Jr Jr Jr Jr

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jan 31, 2020

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Continuity RCP posted:

I prefer Anarch-Os

Rice Trotskys.

I wonder if Trotsky's eardrum went "snap", "crackle" or "pop".

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Kornstadt Flakes

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mao Mix isn't really a joke because it's literally the chinese word for the noise a cat makes.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Pilchenstein posted:

The People's Vote/Even A Soft Brexit Would Instantly Usher In A Genuine Apocalypse, With Riots And Asteroids crowd are 100% responsible for brexit happening and happening on the right's terms.

This x 1000. I find myself being extremely annoyed listening to vocal remainers as of late. #NotMyBrexit my arse, just gently caress off.

Also, I'm pretty sure the person who benefited from Brexit the most is James O'Brien.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

I love his work with Outcast

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

I would have accepted Henry IIII III
Clock numerals should really use a tally of 3 or 4 if we're going to keep 12 hours clock faces.

Regnal numbers should use a tally of :thermidor:

Continuity RCP posted:

I prefer Anarch-Os
Nope sorry, the RCP has picked an official cereal.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Johnson tried to dump the HS2 decision out with the brexit trash and the only reason any of the media are reporting on it is because a 10 year old kid asked him about it

https://twitter.com/SophyRidgeSky/status/1223273814131453954

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Boris Johnson is that weirdo from fallout new vegas who wears a fox on his head, apparently.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I think Newsround used to have better coverage than quite a lot I have seen over the past few years.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012
Art

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Guavanaut posted:

Clock numerals should really use a tally of 3 or 4 if we're going to keep 12 hours clock faces.

Regnal numbers should use a tally of :thermidor:

Nope sorry, the RCP has picked an official cereal.

Every box should come with one of these

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
in the sense of purging all traces of capitalism from society, there don't seem that many stalwarts, which make sense - major drivers of left-wing thought across the 20th (modernization, national liberation/greatness, material progress and material prosperity) do not map well onto a view of capitalism as a kind of root-and-branch spiritual corruption (and especially not a view that the main sin of capitalism is a contradictory violence)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

PROFLIGATES.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
2 confimred coronavirus in Newcastle.
28 days later in 28 days!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

ronya posted:

in the sense of purging all traces of capitalism from society, there don't seem that many stalwarts, which make sense - major drivers of left-wing thought across the 20th (modernization, national liberation/greatness, material progress and material prosperity) do not map well onto a view of capitalism as a kind of root-and-branch spiritual corruption (and especially not a view that the main sin of capitalism is a contradictory violence)
There was the guy that liked drawing trees at least.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Am I wrong for not freaking out over the virus because I know to wash my hands and generally not lick myself after touching people, surfaces, or imbibing their fluids?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Szmitten posted:

Am I wrong for not freaking out over the virus because I know to wash my hands and generally not lick myself after touching people, surfaces, or imbibing their fluids?

I mean if you do freak out over the virus that's not going to help either way so I'm going to go with "no"

Also, like, it's mostly lethal to people viruses already kill, so as long as you and nobody you care about is in that category you're probably OK.

I'm somewhat worried because my job means I catch everything under the sun because I work in a filthy supermarket and there are some people I'd prefer not to kill through exposure but I'll probably be fine even if I get sick.

E: also because I actually am getting ill I think lol.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 31, 2020

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

happyhippy posted:

2 confimred coronavirus in Newcastle.
28 days later in 28 days!

Moved there from York. We had graduations at the weekend so plenty of visitors from all over.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

For people who still have not managed to get rid of the nobility, you sure do talk a lot about massive societal change. Best start small and work your way up.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Lord_Hambrose posted:

For people who still have not managed to get rid of the nobility, you sure do talk a lot about massive societal change. Best start small and work your way up.

We've killed one more king than most places

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

More members of the aristocracy die in the UK every year than in many countries which underwent a revolution.

We are seeing record levels of aristo death thanks to our policy of not killing all of them at once.

The UK leads the way in sustainable class warfare, ensuring future generations will be able to enjoy laughing on twitter when nobs kick the bucket.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Any good updates on Brexit day celebrations?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

OwlFancier posted:

More members of the aristocracy die in the UK every year than in many countries which underwent a revolution.

We are seeing record levels of aristo death thanks to our policy of not killing all of them at once.

The UK leads the way in sustainable class warfare, ensuring future generations will be able to enjoy laughing on twitter when nobs kick the bucket.

Sustainability is important.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Guavanaut posted:

There was the guy that liked drawing trees at least.

Tag u r self, I'm the Despair and Insanity leaves

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I got an armed forces veteran ID card today. What the hell do I use this for? My MOD90 barely got me any discounts, can't see this being much use.

E: I'm cheap female labour

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jan 31, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm sweating.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Flipswitch posted:

I got an armed forces veteran ID card today. What the hell do I use this for? My MOD90 barely got me any discounts, can't see this being much use.

When the yanks buy up the NHS, you'll still get free treatment I guess.

quote:

The new Veteran ID card is to have two functions: to provide a memento of service, to maintain a tangible link to the Armed Forces, and to allow Veterans to easily verify their service to the NHS, their local authority, and charities, enabling them to access support and services where needed.

From this year personnel leaving the Armed Forces are also able to keep their military ID card, known as the 'MoD Form 90', in the hope that it will allow them to maintain their emotional connection with their service.

source: forces.net/military-life/veterans/uk-veteran-id-cards-all-gen-about-them

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

With how the GOP treat veterans it certainly won't be free. :v:

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The US hotel I'm currently staying at has one disabled parking spot and one for veterans.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you got your leg shot off are you allowed to park across both of them?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Flipswitch posted:

E: I'm cheap female labour

Commandeer a passing tank and ramraid Oddbins.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

OwlFancier posted:

If you got your leg shot off are you allowed to park across both of them?

In the UK if you drive a 4x4 you can do this anyway

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Chuka Umana posted:

Any good updates on Brexit day celebrations?

Doccykins posted:

It's windy and rainy in central london rn lol if you came down to celebrate gammon day in parly square whilst all the wealthy people party at number 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
So what exactly happens to Northern Ireland after tonight?