Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

AhhYes posted:

Any chance this changes some calculations? Like for those that have already announced? Gardner or Alexander?

I doubt it but man, the lead counsel being a firsthand witness is pretty hosed up.

Alexander no way. He already said he thinks Trump did it. He just doesn't think it's worthy of removal from office, so more witnesses further proving he did it are an irrelevant waste of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

eke out posted:

lmao Bolton is famously the master of evil bureaucratic knife-fighting (behind only like, Cheney) and it shows

gently caress with the Walrus, you get the tusk

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Bolton is one of the most evil and blood thirsty people in DC but I do respect his dedication to just murdering the dreams of anyone who stands in his way

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

sexpig by night posted:

lol Lamar Alexander's big reward for his vote has so far been two fox guests attacking him for saying he thought it was bad but not impeachable bad, because how dare he say it was bad at all.

The mind truly boggles as to what this man is even getting out of any of this. He's not running for reelection. He clearly isn't being embraced into the grift machine. He's not going to get any money or power or anything out of this, but he gave away whatever was left of his soul anyway.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
never hope

edit: actually okay maybe hope just a little

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Literally Kermit posted:

never hope

edit: actually okay maybe hope just a little

You can have little a hope. As a treat.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Orange Devil posted:

The mind truly boggles as to what this man is even getting out of any of this. He's not running for reelection. He clearly isn't being embraced into the grift machine. He's not going to get any money or power or anything out of this, but he gave away whatever was left of his soul anyway.

he's much more likely to get those grift dollars now than he was yesterday

even if the chud base doesn't care, the rich people know he helped them

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Again, why not just have Bolton testify in a closed door session? It's not going to change the final vote to acquit, and it simultaneously relieves a lot of public pressure. If anything, it makes it easier to justify their vote to acquit since they can claim they considered all witnesses and evidence provided and felt it was not enough to remove Trump. Something like 48% of Republicans and 75% of all voters are in favor of witnesses. And they all know the Bolton book is coming, so its not like this is just going to go away if they have a vote in the dead of night.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Bolton is old school as they come and ruthless. It is obvious that these are all warning shots now. When they vote for no witnesses and acquit Trump he will make sure there is maximum pain inflicted for doing so. It would be hilarious to watch if it wasn't actively killing democracy.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
My guess is that acquittal as fast as possible let's Trump scream "TOTALLY EXONERATED" since that play worked after Barr incorrectly paraphrased the Mueller report

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

eke out posted:

he's much more likely to get those grift dollars now than he was yesterday

even if the chud base doesn't care, the rich people know he helped them

Yeah, he might not have a place in the right wing media circuit, but he will probably get some sweet think-tank "consultancies", and could even become the resident conservative on another network.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

Bolton is one of the most evil and blood thirsty people in DC but I do respect his dedication to just murdering the dreams of anyone who stands in his way

https://twitter.com/shrecknet/status/1184091313878327296?s=19

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

TyrantWD posted:

Again, why not just have Bolton testify in a closed door session? It's not going to change the final vote to acquit, and it simultaneously relieves a lot of public pressure. If anything, it makes it easier to justify their vote to acquit since they can claim they considered all witnesses and evidence provided and felt it was not enough to remove Trump. Something like 48% of Republicans and 75% of all voters are in favor of witnesses. And they all know the Bolton book is coming, so its not like this is just going to go away if they have a vote in the dead of night.

Everything that Bolton experienced in the White House is classified Top Secret and covered by an NDA :v:

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Orange Devil posted:

He believes in the Republican party's goals and is acting to further them.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

yea it's really the perfect storm. I'm happy he didn't get his horrific dream of an invaded Iran, and I'm also happy he's thrashing around and murdering everyone who denied him it. Good, I hope they all kill each other.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
LOL at trying to figure out why a slightly less ghoulish lifelong Republican is doing bad poo poo.

Imagine thinking that Chuck Schumer is one step removed from Satan but being bewildered by Lamar Alexander being bad.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

TyrantWD posted:

It comes down to a couple of things, first off the Trump team and in turn the GOP know much of what Bolton is going say and it will not be good for any of them. For example him being questioned about things and him saying to Cipollone that he knows because he was there as well. The next big thing is it would open up the need to question other people; Pompeo, Mulvaney, Barr, etc. Trump would either continue his obstruction with the Senate or they would come and testify which if they tell the truth it can be damning if they lie enough people have testified otherwise that they would be caught in perjury.

They are going to vote to acquit Trump and then walk over to the SOTU, I am calling it now. Trump will then spend two hours howling on National Television on every network about he is completely innocent and how the Democrats are awful. If I were planning strategy for the Democrats I would have every member just openly protest his speech with some sort of grand gesture; walking out, sitting turned away from him, etc.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Jaxyon posted:

LOL at trying to figure out why a slightly less ghoulish lifelong Republican is doing bad poo poo.

Imagine thinking that Chuck Schumer is one step removed from Satan but being bewildered by Lamar Alexander being bad.

Yeah, he's still a Republican from Tennessee. :rolleyes:

quote:

“Whatever you think of his behavior, with the terrific economy, with conservative judges, with fewer regulations, you add in there an inappropriate call with the president of Ukraine and you decide if your prefer him or Elizabeth Warren."

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Two good guys just tried to rush Trump in an SUV at Mar-A-Lago. Tried, mind you.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1223303649289494533

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

absolute simp poo poo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

https://twitter.com/DelWilber/status/1223302524511444992

lol.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Hahahaha Little Marco

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

white house: THIS MEETING NEVER HAPPENED

https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1223302844260012032

rudy: YES IT DID

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I'm sure Bolton is gonna love everyone calling him a liar

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Grouchio posted:

Two good guys just tried to rush Trump in an SUV at Mar-A-Lago. Tried, mind you.

As near as anyone can tell that was an unrelated Florida Man having a typical day that just happened to make its way over to Mar-A-Lago.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/geofkoss/status/1223306954384252928

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

stunning revelation

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Senate chaplain pulling out do by others and reap what ye sow in the invocation.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Uhhh who is Geoff Koss because google shows some business dude, and I’m not sure how he’d have this info before anyone else.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/BresPolitico/status/1223309497277603845

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Murkowski and Alexander have ZERO electoral pressure. They are just scum.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Schiff opening by just reading the Times article on the new Bolton poo poo.

Edit: dramatic pause for Cipollone's name.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

HONG KONG SLUMLORD posted:

Uhhh who is Geoff Koss because google shows some business dude, and I’m not sure how he’d have this info before anyone else.

I just got an alert from WaPo.

Guess the question for McConnell now is whether to vote to acquit today or let it drag on until the caucus to gently caress with Warren and Sanders.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

So then what the poo poo is up with the extending the trial nonsense

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Bread Set Jettison posted:

this way they can keep drinking milk and not have to do Actual Work

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1223310585930174466

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Bread Set Jettison posted:

It's really not a question of whether to extend the trial, it's whether to be the first impeachment in history to conclude without closing arguments or deliberations, which is what they'd have to do to acquit today.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Lets make an unfair trial less fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Schiff used a tweet placed about an hour ago. House Managers are on game