Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao China has said it is "truly mean" for the US to tell citizens not to travel to China at all immediately after the WHO recommended that travel restrictions not be put in place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I kinda hate this thread, lmao, it's either racist poo poo or some loving nerds trying to pretend they're an actor in some medical drama and getting gleeful when they see a dangerous virus spread because they momentarily feel correct.

poo poo sucks basically

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

it's okay China, the US is full of dumb motherfuckers who don't think anything bad will ever happen to them, so we're going to get a sizable chunk of americans who ignore warnings like this and help spread it to the US

you won't be alone in this :glomp:

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007
The cspam thread should be the pro communist party thread IMHO. the racist poo poo should stay in gbs

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
like god drat, lmao, half the threads are "WOW HAHA YES, IT'S IN A MAJOR TRANSPORT AREA, I LOVE PEOPLE GETTING HURT" (someone else will post that report was made up like with the Las Vegas scare but everyone will ignore it), motherfuckers were in here going "THE INSCRUTABLE ORIENTALS HAVE RELEASED A *BIO-WEAPON* TO REDUCE THE SURPLUS POPULATION" and didn't get probed

this poo poo's basically indistinguishable from those loving Reddit subs where you watch people die but oh well! good to know so many of my fellow leftists here are absolutely loving insane sociopaths and that basically nothing matters, lmao

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
:lol: This thread owns

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

considering all the other threads where goons cope with their complete powerlessness in the face of tragedy by laughing at it I don't feel like this thread is particularly special in any real regard

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Agean90 posted:

considering all the other threads where goons cope with their complete powerlessness in the face of tragedy by laughing at it I don't feel like this thread is particularly special in any real regard

Correct

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

All the racist poo poo is in GBS.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i'm pretty sure people are lolling about this and everything else going on as a coping mechanism to keep from having a nervous breakdown

edit: looks like I need to learn to type faster on my phone, beaten 80 times

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Always good to watch someone liveposting through a crack ping lmao

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

blatman posted:

i'm pretty sure people are lolling about this and everything else going on as a coping mechanism to keep from having a nervous breakdown

No, it's all racism. I am the racism knower and I know when I see it.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

I follow her on Instagram (I know. Shut Up). Her specialty is Traditional Chinese Medicine.

So yeah, make of that what you will.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

this thread, like many others in this subforum, is this tweet given life

https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/746803108949409793?s=20

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

SunAndSpring posted:

nothing matters, lmao

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
It's more like a massive disease outbreak is exciting in a morbid sense when you aren't directly affected.

Like reading about world war 2 or something, you wouldn't actually want it to happen again but it's interesting reading about tank battles or whatever so some part of you is happy it occurred.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

Always good to watch someone liveposting through a crack ping lmao

the gently caress does this even mean

I mean, jesus, why am I even replying to the most ghoulish guy in the loving thread, loving bloodthirsty rear end in a top hat

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Snake Dance posted:

No, it's all racism. I am the racism knower and I know when I see it.
I’m the racism explainer

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ChinaDaily/status/1223293615386038272?s=20

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

SunAndSpring posted:

the gently caress does this even mean

I mean, jesus, why am I even replying to the most ghoulish guy in the loving thread, loving bloodthirsty rear end in a top hat

what the gently caress are you talking about? skull has only ever posted “wow this seems to be getting g more serious each day and whole lot of people with friends and family could be getting hurt, this poo poo just ain’t a statistic ya’ll, it’s real people”

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

No one verified is tweeting this yet so here's zerohedge again:

https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1223299411742162944

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

my decades of training as a pale basement shut in will finally pay off as i have a full year of doritos, mountain dew, and Classic WoW

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

some people have made use of the yes hahaha yes smiley itt which is pretty off putting

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

I'd also point out if the true number of cases of 2019-nCoV in Wuhan is nearly 76,000 then both the number of cases that become serious/critical and the overall mortality rate is significantly lower than is being reported.

Most of those cases would be ongoing illnesses less than a week old, a lot more time needs to pass before we can say something like that

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

No one verified is tweeting this yet so here's zerohedge again:

https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1223299411742162944

:prepop:

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Flayer posted:

It's more like a massive disease outbreak is exciting in a morbid sense when you aren't directly affected.

Like reading about world war 2 or something, you wouldn't actually want it to happen again but it's interesting reading about tank battles or whatever so some part of you is happy it occurred.

I for am not happy the virus is happening op and I would prefer it if it stopped

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

the idea that a government would actually provide necessities is blowing my mind here

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

i'm also not super loving the idea of novel viruses but the fact is we're gonna get them again and again and again, as we ever have.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

vyelkin posted:

I for am not happy the virus is happening op and I would prefer it if it stopped

Controversial take, but I Agree. We Should Do something. unlike all those other gargling gormless tubby gently caress goons demanding blood

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

U-DO Burger posted:

the idea that a government would actually provide necessities is blowing my mind here

in an american outbreak the free market will take care of daily necessities through surge pricing, hope this helps op you have nothing to worry about

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i would like the virus stopped as i live a few blocks away from three different hospitals right in the middle of a major US city and i would my family to not die

but otoh i cannot help but lol at how hosed everything is

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Admiral Ray posted:

i'm also not super loving the idea of novel viruses but the fact is we're gonna get them again and again and again, as we ever have.

I’m more into graphic novel viruses, words are stupid

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

nyc case isn't confirmed yet:

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1223298682357002241

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

U-DO Burger posted:

*a trio of old ladies lift a giant bun off China and stare in confusion*

"Where's the profit?"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

oh well if the new york daily news says it it must be true, like that time they told us all iraq had a stockpile of wmds

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

have we gotten new word about the ages of the people who have died from the virus, and is it still apparently designed to murder all the boomers

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Raiad posted:

have we gotten new word about the ages of the people who have died from the virus, and is it still apparently designed to murder all the boomers

iirc it's been mostly older people, but anyone with a weak or compromised immune system is obviously at risk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

article headline: “Coronavirus scare for NYC, but Health Department says no confirmed patient anywhere in five boroughs”

some random Twitter dude, citing the article: THERE IS CORONAVIRUS IN NYC