Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

tarbrush posted:

Not quite sure why he want to go straight back to the championship...

We give 70 grand a week to Carlos Sanchez, imagine how much money we can wave under the nose of someone who can actually play football?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Bruce said Newcastle had a record bid accepted this window but the player rejected the move. Was for a midfielder and should really be a striker

https://twitter.com/SkySports_Keith/status/1223190353278308352?s=19

Jose fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jan 31, 2020

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Good for them that they were prepared to pay for him, good for him holding out for a good club

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Imagine if they gave Rafa that kind of money to spend

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Having got his work permit we have recalled Argentinian playmaker Mac Allister from Boca.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Bruno works best in 3 player midfield as a mixed 8-10 but really you want him to have the freedom to do whatever,. he's creative, has exceptional decision making, can lob some pinpoint accuracy passes, and will score a fair amout of goals either by arriving late into the box or just outside of it.you probably don't want him to run 30 yards dribbling the ball because that's just not his game.
I think it's a good buy, by a fair price.
He'll need time though to get used to the PL.if he does I think we'll be good for 10 goals/15 assist a season.hes good at freekicks too.
He's been through hell at sporting and still performed at a high level, so he'll fit right in into another trainwreck of a club.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

15 left backs and not a single one of them good

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

Bruno works best in 3 player midfield as a mixed 8-10 but really you want him to have the freedom to do whatever,. he's creative, has exceptional decision making, can lob some pinpoint accuracy passes, and will score a fair amout of goals either by arriving late into the box or just outside of it.you probably don't want him to run 30 yards dribbling the ball because that's just not his game.
I think it's a good buy, by a fair price.
He'll need time though to get used to the PL.if he does I think we'll be good for 10 goals/15 assist a season.hes good at freekicks too.
He's been through hell at sporting and still performed at a high level, so he'll fit right in into another trainwreck of a club.

so United spent a lot of money on the same player as Pogba?

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

UnderFreddy posted:

so United spent a lot of money on the same player as Pogba?

I think Bruno won't throw so many tantrums and mentally switch off, and he's not has talented as pogba, but basically yes.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Done Deal

Rangers have signed Ianis ‘son of Gheorghe’ Hagi on loan with option to buy until the end of the season.

https://twitter.com/rangersfc/status/1223184392794910720?s=21

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Bogan Krkic posted:

Rafa would have spent that money on shellfish for his Spanish restaurant

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Total Meatlove posted:

Done Deal

Rangers have signed Ianis ‘son of Gheorghe’ Hagi on loan with option to buy until the end of the season.

https://twitter.com/rangersfc/status/1223184392794910720?s=21

He's good. Shame he's gone to a pub league, really.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I love transfer deadline day and I hope we get some Odemwingie level nonsense today 🙏🏾

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I'd settle for more random sex toys being thrown

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

sassassin posted:

He's good. Shame he's gone to a pub league, really.

Could have gone to a less competitive league like the Prem tbf

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

When did Celtic last lose the spl?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Total Meatlove posted:

Could have gone to a less competitive league like the Prem tbf

Any league with Dan James is the most competitive league in the world!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

So many stories about clubs saying nobody is leaving. Lame. I want choppers circling!!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Jose posted:

When did Celtic last lose the spl?

If they win this year it will be 9 in a row.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Arsenal confirmed Cedric Soares today, loan until the end of the season. Probably going to be made permanent unless he completely flops.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

If they win this year it will be 9 in a row.

What an exciting league. Imagine the league being such a foregone conclusion with no competition for it.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

tarbrush posted:

Good for them that they were prepared to pay for him, good for him holding out for a good club

Making a splashy bid on a player they know they can’t sign is so Newcastle. “Look, we’re TRYING to spend money! Honest!”

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Big Huski Boi posted:

Arsenal confirmed Cedric Soares today, loan until the end of the season. Probably going to be made permanent unless he completely flops.

lol apparently he had a foot injury beginning of January, may not be fit for 3 weeks. Arsenal.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

sourdough posted:

lol apparently he had a foot injury beginning of January, may not be fit for 3 weeks. Arsenal.

He's expected to be fit by the next game after Burnley, which he never would've participated in anyway.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Big Huski Boi posted:

He's expected to be fit by the next game after Burnley, which he never would've participated in anyway.

Yeah it doesn't really matter, but it's very Arsenal, and I'm now expecting him to aggravate it and be out til April

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I’m sure I’ve seen Soares play, but I don’t remember him at all. Seems sensible enough to take him on loan given the number of bad and injured defenders Arsenal already have on the books.

I have to say though that I don’t remember any other team signing injured players like Arsenal seem to do. Tierney wasn’t fit when he came in and we all know about Kallstrom’s broken back.

E: here’s Soares looking as though he’s smelled a fart:

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 31, 2020

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Gervinho hasn't shown up to training all week, he's trying to force a move to a middle eastern club. Too bad.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

trem_two posted:

Gervinho hasn't shown up to training all week, he's trying to force a move to a middle eastern club. Too bad.

I hope they give him his helicopter and private island this time.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bundy posted:

What an exciting league. Imagine the league being such a foregone conclusion with no competition for it.

I know this is a joke about the PL, but the last couple of years have been semi competitive in the SPL, Rangers have given Celtic a bit of a scare.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
Spurs signed two injured players last summer

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Ki Sung-yueng to the Newcastle United exit door is a Done Deal

https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/1223260690414292992?s=20

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

What the gently caress lmao

I suspected there was an automatic renewal clause in his contract that meant he never got a game but I never expected him to get released on a free. Explains Bentaleb a bit more.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/Official_BRFC/status/1223233270009270272?s=20

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

What the gently caress lmao

I suspected there was an automatic renewal clause in his contract that meant he never got a game but I never expected him to get released on a free. Explains Bentaleb a bit more.

A guaranteed games clause is what made Laudrup ship him off to Sunderland for a year. Wasn't worth the hassle.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

blue footed boobie posted:

I’m sure I’ve seen Soares play, but I don’t remember him at all. Seems sensible enough to take him on loan given the number of bad and injured defenders Arsenal already have on the books.

I have to say though that I don’t remember any other team signing injured players like Arsenal seem to do. Tierney wasn’t fit when he came in and we all know about Kallstrom’s broken back.

E: here’s Soares looking as though he’s smelled a fart:

Cedric was really good 3 or 4 years ago, but he hasn't been able to nail down a spot for Southampton recently. Any Soton supporters can correct me but he should be fine as a backup

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Cedric can’t defend but is passable going forward so he’s the perfect arsenal signing.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

I know he's just trying to get paid, but it still sucks. He's still good and Parma aren't even that bad!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

jarrod bowens move to west ham has stalled because they don't want to pay him 60k a week and he'd rather come to newcastle. seeing as how west ham are getting relegated i don't blame him for not wanting to move there

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
City have sent one of their 2.5 full backs on loan

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1223293571706556417

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Have City just given up having a defense and are just going for "gently caress it, try and put 5 past everyone" each game.