Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

like god drat, lmao, half the threads are "WOW HAHA YES, IT'S IN A MAJOR TRANSPORT AREA, I LOVE PEOPLE GETTING HURT" (someone else will post that report was made up like with the Las Vegas scare but everyone will ignore it), motherfuckers were in here going "THE INSCRUTABLE ORIENTALS HAVE RELEASED A *BIO-WEAPON* TO REDUCE THE SURPLUS POPULATION" and didn't get probed

this poo poo's basically indistinguishable from those loving Reddit subs where you watch people die but oh well! good to know so many of my fellow leftists here are absolutely loving insane sociopaths and that basically nothing matters, lmao
If it helps this thread lost its rational pretty early on and a lot of the really bad stuff appears to just be random tweets that someone found god knows where

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
gunna start a series of nextdoor and Twitter accounts posting breaking news there’s ncov in every city and suburb

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

U-DO Burger posted:

iirc it's been mostly older people, but anyone with a weak or compromised immune system is obviously at risk

My wife had pneumonia earlier this month (and has asthma) and I'm in Chicago so this is the most nervous an outbreak has ever made me

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SunAndSpring posted:

the gently caress does this even mean

I mean, jesus, why am I even replying to the most ghoulish guy in the loving thread, loving bloodthirsty rear end in a top hat

ok you get the special treatment of Seriousposting

crack ping is a trump thread joke about the constant barrage of serious and/or bizarre news overwhelming people's minds

you can check my post history in this thread, it's 90% posting news updates and telling smug dismissive idiots that this is going to be worse than they're writing it off as. in literally none of these posts am I actually cheering for people to die, this poo poo is awful, even getting hit by this poo poo and surviving is going to be awful, pneumonia is horrible to deal with, and this has a good chance of leaving survivors with permanent respiratory damage, which is probably even worse than dying (look up a documentary or two on people living in iron lungs)

please chill out and quit harshing the buzz. it's a lot healthier for people to laugh at this poo poo than work themselves up into panicked paralysis. especially given that this thing spreads from presymptomatic hosts there's not really much we can actually do about not/catching it, particularly at the individual peasant level which is what every single one of us posting here is. if you find a director of medical policy here or a mayor or state governor or something then let us know so we can tell them to take this really seriously!!!

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SunAndSpring posted:

the gently caress does this even mean

I mean, jesus, why am I even replying to the most ghoulish guy in the loving thread, loving bloodthirsty rear end in a top hat

hail ss-18 satan, may his passage cleanse the earth
:unsmigghh:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
why is there is always a thread 50 pages in where some dipshit goon becomes Kramer cosplaying as Dr Stranglove riding an ICBM into a thread and immediately declaring all goons are bad for _____ which something no goons actually are doing

every single thread without fail

now goons are bad n evil and death to them all ofc but lol at the projections every time

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

RIP all the podcasters

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Xaris posted:

why is there is always a thread 50 pages in where some dipshit goon becomes Kramer cosplaying as Dr Stranglove riding an ICBM into a thread and immediately declaring all goons are bad for _____ which something no goons actually are doing

every single thread without fail

now goons are bad n evil and death to them all ofc but lol at the projections every time

cspam has a reputation

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

It's in Sweden now.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Admiral Ray posted:

cspam has a reputation

SAYS WHO

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Admiral Ray posted:

cspam has a reputation

we have a certain set of skills

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Admiral Ray posted:

cspam has a reputation

it does go around doesn’t it

merge all forums and call it current events

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Xaris posted:

it does go around doesn’t it

i think there's a misreading of the tenor of c-spam in general itf, though i can understand that people posting "lmao this owns" in response to bad things can cause a misreading if you're not steeped in the cancer that will ultimately kill the forums.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Yes let's not get people panicked or worried.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

ok you get the special treatment of Seriousposting

crack ping is a trump thread joke about the constant barrage of serious and/or bizarre news overwhelming people's minds

you can check my post history in this thread, it's 90% posting news updates and telling smug dismissive idiots that this is going to be worse than they're writing it off as. in literally none of these posts am I actually cheering for people to die, this poo poo is awful, even getting hit by this poo poo and surviving is going to be awful, pneumonia is horrible to deal with, and this has a good chance of leaving survivors with permanent respiratory damage, which is probably even worse than dying (look up a documentary or two on people living in iron lungs)

please chill out and quit harshing the buzz. it's a lot healthier for people to laugh at this poo poo than work themselves up into panicked paralysis. especially given that this thing spreads from presymptomatic hosts there's not really much we can actually do about not/catching it, particularly at the individual peasant level which is what every single one of us posting here is. if you find a director of medical policy here or a mayor or state governor or something then let us know so we can tell them to take this really seriously!!!

stop posting random statistics that nobody in this thread understands or has any comparison to and saying 'were all going to die lmao' imo

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

cspam can have a little panic

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Earth can have a little pandemic, for a treat

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

sneeze into my open mouth

take me away coronaman

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Farm Frenzy posted:

stop posting random statistics that nobody in this thread understands or has any comparison to and saying 'were all going to die lmao' imo

i would, at minimum, add an asterisk to pretty much every statistic post that there's a ton of very important information we don't have and don't know. we shouldn't be talking about mortality or hospitalization rates with any sort of objective emphasis because there's a ton about the way things work right now that we don't understand.

past number go up and it looks like it can be quite dangerous and is quite contagious, trying to say this has a 5% mortality rate or 10% hospitalization rate or w/e is very wrong. We don't even have a good way to know how many actual confirmed cases is because the process by which China is "confirming" cases is so far behind the virus as it currently exists.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/dallasnews/status/1223301605069598721

neat

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
lol we
re all going to die
gbs invading cspam spreading corona

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i can hope corona wipes out the british because i am one. you cannot stop me hoping for that.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Iron Crowned posted:

Earth can have a little pandemic, for a treat

i already made this post about 30 pages back. now you owe me 5000 dollars.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

gh0stpinballa posted:

i can hope corona wipes out the british because i am one. you cannot stop me hoping for that.
wow thats hosed up of you you psychopath. they just finally earned their long fought independence from the tyrannical euro. British are people too!

....now Floridian bingo centers....

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ngl if i weren't already a tankie the mass mobilisation that China has been able to muster in the face of nCoV would have been a big motivator

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

i would, at minimum, add an asterisk to pretty much every statistic post that there's a ton of very important information we don't have and don't know. we shouldn't be talking about mortality or hospitalization rates with any sort of objective emphasis because there's a ton about the way things work right now that we don't understand.

past number go up and it looks like it can be quite dangerous and is quite contagious, trying to say this has a 5% mortality rate or 10% hospitalization rate or w/e is very wrong. We don't even have a good way to know how many actual confirmed cases is because the process by which China is "confirming" cases is so far behind the virus as it currently exists.

the only thing i for sure know is that the virus looks like a koosh ball.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

gh0stpinballa posted:

i already made this post about 30 pages back. now you owe me 5000 dollars.

But I only have $80, and I need it for weed :(

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Admiral Ray posted:

the only thing i for sure know is that the virus looks like a koosh ball.

also it spells aaaaaaaaaa aaaa aaaaa

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Farm Frenzy posted:

no

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xaris posted:

also it spells aaaaaaaaaa aaaa aaaaa

it might’ve started in 2019, but it has big 2020 energy

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

It's in Sweden now.

this is payback for those tourists who had a meltdown at that one hotel

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
aw poo poo yeah the virus is in Texas yeah boi

I already warned my boss to keep his young son inside, I hope he listens to me!!!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
though can we really be sure of that??? what if it actually spells trumptrumptrunp

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Fly Molo posted:

it might’ve started in 2019, but it has big 2020 energy

big wet drowned lung rear end energy. I’m liking where 2020 is going this season

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

But I only have $80, and I need it for weed :(

please spend it on some good quality poo poo

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

gh0stpinballa posted:

Don't be greedy, you already have brexit drama going on

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Xaris posted:

though can we really be sure of that??? what if it actually spells trumptrumptrunp

there's no 'm' nucleobase but RNA does have a 'u'

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

like god drat, lmao, half the threads are "WOW HAHA YES, IT'S IN A MAJOR TRANSPORT AREA, I LOVE PEOPLE GETTING HURT" (someone else will post that report was made up like with the Las Vegas scare but everyone will ignore it), motherfuckers were in here going "THE INSCRUTABLE ORIENTALS HAVE RELEASED A *BIO-WEAPON* TO REDUCE THE SURPLUS POPULATION" and didn't get probed

this poo poo's basically indistinguishable from those loving Reddit subs where you watch people die but oh well! good to know so many of my fellow leftists here are absolutely loving insane sociopaths and that basically nothing matters, lmao

you can tell this is serious because normally these threads are people smugly dismissing that any of this matters, now those posters are Really Mad people are pointing out that hey, this is serious.

my mother is a 61 year old flight attendant. i absolutely want this to be contained and stopped because i know her airline will not stop working until its too late and she has a very good chance of getting sick. also because im not a monster in general and dont want hundreds of thousands or millions of people to die. other people can have different senses of humor. if you dont like ironic gallows humor than idk, just read the news updates because what else is this thread supposed to be? coldly posting tweets about the latest spread until were in a tent dying of pneumonia?

e: that said people posting the bioweapon poo poo should probably be probated at least for being loving dumb

Sheng-Ji Yang fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 31, 2020

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
when Ron Paul is calling for literal daddy genocide y'all were cool playing along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I never get tired of seeing these corona graphs.