Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I mention him all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

How could you forget the legendary crane race?

(hey Aqualung!)

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Big Huski Boi posted:

How could you forget the legendary crane race?

(hey Aqualung!)

Oh poo poo, it was that race. I was stuck doing a night shift that race. My friends were texting me like crazy. Watched the replay after I finished work after being awake for 30 odd hours. It was a bit of a fever dream. :xd:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Rinkles posted:

Not actually confirmed yet, right?

googling, from road and track:

The board of Mercedes-Benz parent company Daimler will apparently meet next month, and then, a decision will be made on if will keep its F1 team around. If the board decides to cut the team, Mercedes will still stay in the sport as an engine supplier, as it has deals with McLaren, Racing Point, and possibly Williams.

quote:

RaceFans, in a joint investigation with Autocar, has learned the meeting will take place on February 12th. Mercedes’ current contract to participate in F1 expires at the end of this season.

https://www.racefans.net/2020/01/29/mercedes-crunch-meeting-quit-f1-2020/

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Ok, I'm gonna resurrect this terrible, dreadful, awful, wonderful thread's proud history of BOLD PREDICTIONS and lay my cards on the table right now, so buckle up, buckaroos.

Mercedes pull out of F1 amid cost concerns and the fact that their cars are, by and large, anodyne pieces of poo poo sold to fuckwits who care more about diesel MPG, lease deals and a snotty badge than the actual quality of their automobile. Hamilton signs for Ferrari as Vettel rejoins Red Bull to play second fiddle to Frog Faced Fucker because of - TO QUOTE THE FILM GOODFELLAS, IOSPACE, DON'T PROBATE ME FOR MY HERITAGE AGAIN - "real greaseball poo poo" in Maranello (translation: Vettel sucks rear end and goes back to hawking fizzy drinks for gamer manchildren).

Meanwhile, Mercedes' grid slot is bought by Rich Energy who rename their F1 entry 'Rich Energy Go gently caress Yourselves Haas F1 lmao' and go on to win the WCC and WDC until the next rule change. With Nico 'MiNdGaMeS' Rosberg as their number one driver, he pulls off what Schumacher never could do by orchestrating not only a successful comeback but also a successful YouTube channel of interviews with cool people. In the process, he takes his WDC tally to 10 which will never be beaten before the year 2029, which happens to be the year in which climate change renders 90% of the planet underwater and everybody dies because we don't have gills.

Personally, I just want Mercedes to sell their grid slot to Audi so I can be an insufferable twat about owning an Audi, but I'm nailing my colours to the mast above as being more likely.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

track day bro! posted:

WOW THIS IS GREAT THIS IS THE CONTENT THAT I LIKE TO SEE IN THIS lovely THREAD I MADE ON THESE poo poo rear end FORUMS #FORZAFERRARI #ESSEREFERRARI #SEB5 #CHARLES16

holy poo poo they put my garbage disposal into a car?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I just ordered the $1,700 synth

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Theophany posted:

Ok, I'm gonna resurrect this terrible, dreadful, awful, wonderful thread's proud history of BOLD PREDICTIONS and lay my cards on the table right now, so buckle up, buckaroos.

Mercedes pull out of F1 amid cost concerns and the fact that their cars are, by and large, anodyne pieces of poo poo sold to fuckwits who care more about diesel MPG, lease deals and a snotty badge than the actual quality of their automobile. Hamilton signs for Ferrari as Vettel rejoins Red Bull to play second fiddle to Frog Faced Fucker because of - TO QUOTE THE FILM GOODFELLAS, IOSPACE, DON'T PROBATE ME FOR MY HERITAGE AGAIN - "real greaseball poo poo" in Maranello (translation: Vettel sucks rear end and goes back to hawking fizzy drinks for gamer manchildren).

Meanwhile, Mercedes' grid slot is bought by Rich Energy who rename their F1 entry 'Rich Energy Go gently caress Yourselves Haas F1 lmao' and go on to win the WCC and WDC until the next rule change. With Nico 'MiNdGaMeS' Rosberg as their number one driver, he pulls off what Schumacher never could do by orchestrating not only a successful comeback but also a successful YouTube channel of interviews with cool people. In the process, he takes his WDC tally to 10 which will never be beaten before the year 2029, which happens to be the year in which climate change renders 90% of the planet underwater and everybody dies because we don't have gills.

Personally, I just want Mercedes to sell their grid slot to Audi so I can be an insufferable twat about owning an Audi, but I'm nailing my colours to the mast above as being more likely.

I will join you on the dream of Audi joining F1, but I know deep down it will never happen unless F1 goes to a turbo 4 cyl.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Lewis will win wherever he goes because he’s the GOAT. Max will never be WDC.

I love Lewis. I am air frying this weekend.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Max might be WDC. WDC is not the same as MWDC, a championship which Lewis has been defending successfully 2007-2019 inclusive

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
https://twitter.com/adamcooperF1/status/1223159604919652354?s=20

loving Stroll

Pale Ale
Sep 10, 2001

Yeah I know that but do you honestly expect England to even slightly challenge Australia in the finals? They will be demolished.
Lance Stroll investor of the day.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Aston Martin works team
Racing Point to be rebranded as Aston Martin after Stroll deal
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/racing-point-aston-martin-stroll/4678704/

🤔 With engines from Mercedes? And chassis designed by whom?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Aston Martin works team
Racing Point to be rebranded as Aston Martin after Stroll deal
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/racing-point-aston-martin-stroll/4678704/

🤔 With engines from Mercedes? And chassis designed by whom?

The mercedes engine part would kinda make sense for Aston seeing as they now use Mercedes engines in some of their roadcars at least.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I would like to congratulate Lance Stroll on his richly deserved contract with a works F1 team.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Dudley posted:

I would like to congratulate Lance Stroll on his richly deserved contract with a works F1 team.

I fully agree that Lance Stroll is now on par with noted Aston Martin works driver Nicki Thiim- both in terms of driving talent and personality.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

why are they still trying to kill Hitler?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

BWV posted:

why are they still trying to kill Hitler?

I've heard he was a pretty lovely dude

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Pale Ale posted:

Lawrence Stroll investor of the day.
Thread title

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

NtotheTC posted:

I fully agree that Lance Stroll is now on par with noted Aston Martin works driver Nicki Thiim- both in terms of driving talent and personality.

Agreed, they are both wonderful lads at the top tier of their respective classes.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Dudley posted:

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

track day bro! posted:

The mercedes engine part would kinda make sense for Aston seeing as they now use Mercedes engines in some of their roadcars at least.

Yeah it makes more sense than the RBR partnership.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

complained to his dad so they spent money on the FIFA Ultimate Team card packs, best value! racing team. And yeah, Aston-Martin already sources engines for the front-engined cars from Mercedes-AMG, so this combination of factors makes a lot more sense.

I'm going back and forth between this being news that the Mercedes Brackley team won't leave, and that they still could. I hope they don't cut off the team, but I guess we wait and see.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Mercedes AMG f1 Ran By Lawerence Stroll with Hamilton as number 2 driver to Notre Lance

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Honda gonna take Aston Martin's sponsorship spot?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Red Bull are going to go back to being Jaguar for this season, then Stewart in 2021

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I can't wait for how salty every fucker* in this thread is gonna be once Lance Stroll ends up WDC because his dad basically buys his way to it, in this, Formula One, the sport that has forever been about winning being determined by whoever spends the most money.

* notable exclusions include excellent posters OhsH, quid and Rhopunzel who have always been unironic supporters of Our Lance

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
I cannot wait until Lance Stroll truly gets in there and claims his first of several WDC's in his historic British Racing Green Aston Martin. Chills just thinking about it.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
He'd have to beat Perez first. Maybe they'll sack him for someone Lance is faster than first. Bring back Hulkenberg.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
lots of bold predictions itt but f1 growing popularity will wane with the overall decline in motorsports in general over the next 5-10 years until we are all enjoying the soapbox derby instead of contributing to our inevitable demise

a few weeks after that, ferrari will win their first wcc in over 20 years

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

lots of bold predictions itt but f1 growing popularity will wane with the overall decline in motorsports in general over the next 5-10 years until we are all enjoying the soapbox derby instead of contributing to our inevitable demise

a few weeks after that, ferrari will win their first wcc in over 20 years

Lol toxx this guy when ferrari fail to win a wcc vs some soapbox derby schoolkids

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

I can't wait for how salty every fucker* in this thread is gonna be once Lance Stroll ends up WDC because his dad basically buys his way to it, in this, Formula One, the sport that has forever been about winning being determined by whoever spends the most money.

* notable exclusions include excellent posters OhsH, quid and Rhopunzel who have always been unironic supporters of Our Lance

It is truly glorious that on the first day of Brexit a great historic british car manufacturer has already been saved and is equally blessed to have the talent of Are Lance leading their factory F1 team.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Happy Brexit everyone.

Now is when the UK will rise and get in there*.

*the bin.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Sorry, I can't hear your salty posts over Elgar blasting out at the Brexit street party I'm attending. Also England are going to win the Six Nations, which basically means all the European Fail nations will have to agree to whatever trade deal we pose to them.

LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY!!

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Pale Ale posted:

Lance Stroll investor of the day.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

He'd have to beat Perez first. Maybe they'll sack him for someone Lance is faster than first. Bring back Hulkenberg.

Why do you think they were trying to hire Kubica?

If that fails... out steps a smiling Luca Badoer.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Get Fast Heikki in there

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Did someone say Fast Heikki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Can I just take a moment to thank Lawrence Stroll for single-handedly saving the UK from a hard brexit please