Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

*Ron Howard Voice* they won't have to answer to this today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

sexpig by night posted:

This is definitely still funny and clever.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Narrator: they did not, in fact, have to answer to anything

Edit: Goddamit

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jaxyon posted:

I mean, they're not. There's not even questioning. I'm sure the house managers will bring it up but Trump's team will go 'nah' and that's that unless there's witnesses.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

sexpig by night posted:

I mean, they're not. There's not even questioning. I'm sure the house managers will bring it up but Trump's team will go 'nah' and that's that unless there's witnesses.

While I never thought they were going to, I can fully appreciate the fresh and irreverent Arrested Development framing which is always funny and definitely not old.

And two comedic geniuses aligned, like planets, I'm just glad i was here to see it.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1223303649289494533

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

what a loving little worm. best part is the base will rip his balls off for not sufficiently blowing trump.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

oxsnard posted:

Elon Musk is the biggest loving idiot on the planet so I guess we're gonna die

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1223172311546724352?s=20

Even idiots get somethings right. Mostly he is parroting what a lot of experts are saying. It's not exactly a hot take to say "It's not as bad as it twitter fearmongers think it is" and "it's similar to the flu."

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

lol, good lord

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
*me getting mad when Seinfeld uses the Kramer busting in through the door at an inappropriate time gag one too many episodes*

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Turns out the Party of Law and Order was talking about the TV show

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/DelWilber/status/1223302524511444992

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/PeterHamby/status/1223292927503405056

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I like that we are now at "yeah he broke the law but uh it would be unfair to punish him"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ImpAtom posted:

I like that we are now at "yeah he broke the law but uh it would be unfair to punish him"

Can't wait to hear these soundbites yet again during Bernie's third impeachment

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

The comments are funny. You should check them out.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

This is an all-time poo poo take, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fuckin' okay

Rudy just said the meeting happened, but he's mad that Bolton treated him like a clown after the fact.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jaxyon posted:

The Senate believes it's over.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

stop it, i have reached my tiny quote of hope intake for the day

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Literally Kermit posted:

Well I am all for a good hugbox and I'm no snitch, so I'm going to get involved anyway!

As for the unquoted rest of your post, is it okay if we take it to PMs? I had some general questions.

Sure thing

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I'm pretty sure with the comments the GOP senators are making they are just rubbing it in. They know they can literally do whatever the gently caress they want and their base will still vote for them. They absolutely do not care about this country at all. All that bluster about the law and being a "constitutionalist", or as Tomi Lahren says a constitutional, was strictly hogwash. This just makes me so angry....angry enough to vote and do some phone banking for bernie. I am going to phone bank or something for whoever the democratic candidate is. I hate blue no matter who, but I think in this situation we cannot afford to be choosy. Lets just work our hardest to make sure it isn't buttigieg or biden....or klobuchar...gross.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
"We'd love to have fact witnesses testify in front of the House but we can't do that since it's an unfair democrat driven witch hunt and a sham so it's not fair"

*is impeached*

"We don't need to call anyone to testify in the presumably now "fair" republican led senate because there's not even any need since the president can do anything and also I'm rubber and you're glue"

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Nonsense posted:

The Senate believes it's over.

Could you state this in an incredibly clever that also reminds all of a joke that was told by a funny person at some point in the past, efficiently up-cycling the genius?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

It's basically the Dershowitz defense: Marco Rubio voting to impeach would be against national interest since it would get Marco Rubio primaried.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jaxyon posted:

Could you state this in an incredibly clever that also reminds all of a joke that was told by a funny person at some point in the past, efficiently up-cycling the genius?

are you ok

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I just hope that every attack ad against the president and senators is about how they openly support a dictatorship. Don't mince words. Don't sugarcoat it. Just openly announce that the GOP thinks a president is a king and that it is undemocratic to elect officials who don't believe in democracy.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/addysbaird/status/1223309775250886656

"the congress has failed as an institution, also, I'm not voting for a motion to call witnesses"

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Joe_Gerth/status/1223278777045856257

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

Holy poo poo

"the congress has failed as an institution, also, I'm not voting for a motion to call witnesses"

Yeah, she's saying the Democratic controlled House has failed, not the Senate. The trial is not fair because the Democrats hosed it up, is her statement.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
Lol that she blamed the dems in the house for the failure of congress, not the senate

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Holy poo poo

How vulnerable is her seat? I will drink heavily in celebration if she loses.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Solaris 2.0 posted:

How vulnerable is her seat? I will drink heavily in celebration if she loses.

Murkowski lost her primary several years back during one of the Tea Party surges and then won election in the general, (e) as a write in.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Chilichimp posted:

Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1223318126068142082?s=19

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I hate these motherfuckers and their stupid gaslighting tactics.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

It seriously fucks me up that people STILL believe that Trump can be restrained by stuff like this. His refusal to adhere to the vast network of unwritten rules that underpin our government has been one of the main qualities of his administration, but these resistance nerds still think they're going to throw him out for it.

Jaxyon posted:

why are you being so *checks notes* crabby at this mcdonalds drive thru

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

T. Bombastus posted:

why are you being so *checks notes* crabby at this mcdonalds drive thru

*goon effortlessly makes clever joke*

Ah nevertheless.....I will never stop being hilarious you coward.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Murkowski lost her primary several years back during one of the Tea Party surges and then won election in the general, (e) as a write in.

Also not up for re-election until 2022, so not a factor in November.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

:shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

My head is exploding

What the gently caress is the point of metal detectors then?