Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
They lied about SARS deaths but only about by 2x (because the death rate in all countries was pretty much the same except the mainland where they claimed 1/2 rate of others). I expect a similar rate of lying in the deaths for this one. Not thousands right now, but hundreds, sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
The company I work for did their quarterly mandatory safety meetings and I found out our company has some sort of poop terrorist randomly taking explosive diarrhea shits in random parts of the building. Also we should wash our hands like constantly or we will die.

Edit: I’m doomed if the fecal terrorist gets this virus as I now suspect every surface in the office is covered in his or her poo poo.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Made in China (CE), it was a conspiracy - I KNEW IT!

https://twitter.com/ARanganathan72/status/1223320879162986496

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Starks posted:

The first Canadian Corona patient was just discharged from the hospital and a bunch of idiots are freaking out about it online

Yeah. Its loving grand. I'm in Toronto and I'd say about 1/12 people I saw out downtown today were wearing masks.

:ughh:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
hosed up if true

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Another Bill posted:

Yeah. Its loving grand. I'm in Toronto and I'd say about 1/12 people I saw out downtown today were wearing masks.

Count the number of people wearing masks who reach under them to scratch their face or adjust them lol.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Another Bill posted:

do ski masks count?

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

Biohazard posted:

Any evidence of this or is this just a meltdown? Not defending china, but you sound a little unhinged about this.

The Chinese government has ordered all businesses that are not necessary for every day life (grocery stores, pharmacies) to be closed until February 9th. No way that the second biggest economy on the planet basically shuts itself down for several weeks with the infected/fatality numbers that they are reporting and expecting us to believe. Once again—their actions are not in line with their numbers. My guess is that the numbers are probably 10x or more greater than what they are claiming.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
https://mobile.twitter.com/ARanganathan72/status/1223320879162986496

Fearmongering or the truth? You decide

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
fearmongering

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Books On Tape posted:

The Chinese government has ordered all businesses that are not necessary for every day life (grocery stores, pharmacies) to be closed until February 9th. No way that the second biggest economy on the planet basically shuts itself down for several weeks with the infected/fatality numbers that they are reporting and expecting us to believe. Once again—their actions are not in line with their numbers. My guess is that the numbers are probably 10x or more greater than what they are claiming.

They teach exponents to Chinese kids too, you know

The Clitoris
Jan 29, 2020

Finding it makes all of your dreams come true

So... Someone POZ'd a bats neg hole?

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Books On Tape posted:

I guess even if you're wrong, if nothing else it shows why the Chinese government being shady as poo poo is a problem, because no one believes anything they say, and it just creates an enviroment of panic.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Is really bad diarrhea on the list of symptoms?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Is really bad diarrhea on the list of symptoms?
those are just beer shits

which is what i thought the corona virus was at first

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Biohazard posted:

I guess even if you're wrong, if nothing else it shows why the Chinese government being shady as poo poo is a problem, because no one believes anything they say, and it just creates an enviroment of panic.

an interesting NYT article from inside China suggested that at least some actions are just giving people things to do or to create the appearance that something is being done. One example he cites is stringing up dozens of bicycles at his apartment compound, blockading all but one entrance, which is manned by guards. Manned by guards only after dark, for some reason.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
You cannot trust the words of any government when there are monetary interests and public fear involved. Our own government also said that when Iran launched ballistic missiles at a base in Iraq that there were no casualties or fatalities. Several weeks after—it became exposed that dozens of our men and women suffered injuries. Had they been upfront about an Iranian attack hurting our troops-our markets would have panicked thinking that there was a real chance that tensions could rise to another war in the Middle East. No government is immune from spinning things in a way that benefits them—ours included. Believe your own eyes and believe your own common sense before you believe the words of ANY government officials. The numbers that the Chinese are reporting are so disgustingly and obviously low that it’s insulting to anybody that has common sense.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE7Iz7HLpYg

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Books On Tape posted:

You cannot trust the words of any government when there are monetary interests and public fear involved. Our own government also said that when Iran launched ballistic missiles at a base in Iraq that there were no casualties or fatalities. Several weeks after—it became exposed that dozens of our men and women suffered injuries. Had they been upfront about an Iranian attack hurting our troops-our markets would have panicked thinking that there was a real chance that tensions could rise to another war in the Middle East. No government is immune from spinning things in a way that benefits them—ours included. Believe your own eyes and believe your own common sense before you believe the words of ANY government officials. The numbers that the Chinese are reporting are so disgustingly and obviously low that it’s insulting to anybody that has common sense.

So when do we buy the forsythia

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i want to punch this son of a bitch in his god drat nose

riseofmydick
Dec 18, 2019

by Pragmatica

That's one way to ensure you're never allowed back into china again.

Books On Tape posted:

There's really no way to know whether or not those missiles caused damage or not. Missiles get shot around in the middle east all the time and do nothing, for example, Israel is constantly getting hit by random missiles that don't do jack.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Jamsta posted:

Made in China (CE), it was a conspiracy - I KNEW IT!

https://twitter.com/ARanganathan72/status/1223320879162986496

lol it should be bannable to post tweets from stupid randos with made up hot takes in threads like this

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

lol it should be bannable to post tweets from stupid randos with made up hot takes in threads like this

Why do you want to suppress the truth friend?

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Admit it, the end days would be way more fun if we knew we engineered ourselves to extinction.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SKonermann/status/1223344537772290048

https://twitter.com/SKonermann/status/1223345621840449536

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
258 dead, 11,301 infected now

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

So if the hospitals were getting rammed before when it was like 1000 infected what is happening now?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 23, 2021

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

So are the Chinese construction workers the Modern-day Chernobyl coal miners?

Heroic effort that doesn’t actually help in the end yet dooms them to painful death.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Cool, a half-measure, which is maybe racist and probably ineffective

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/31/world/asia/coronavirus-china.html posted:

President Trump has temporarily suspended entry into the United States for any foreign nationals who have traveled to China, the administration announced on Friday.

The action will restrict all foreign nationals who have been to China — other than immediate family of American citizens and permanent residents — from entering the United States.
Also I'd ignore anything posted on twitter, and most of what posters who post twitter are posting, especially posts from twitter.

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 31, 2020

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

doctorfrog posted:

Cool, a half-measure, which is maybe racist and probably ineffective

there's literally nothing about that that's racist

maybe it's dumb, maybe not, but "all foreign nationals" is pretty inclusive

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

kecske posted:

fittingly, they are now in Newcastle, perhaps drawn to disaster magnet and forums mod Jose
lmao

shabbat shalom, jose

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/coronavirus-instagram-influencer-hashtag-likes-outbreak-china-logan-paul-a9310906.html

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gently caress all of those people.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Peachfart posted:

Yes, but thing is new, therefore super scary to idiots.

The CDC and the WHO, immunology experts and virus experts around the world, all idiots! Truly I, some goon, am the only smart one

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Logan Paul will get the virus and vlog his painful demise

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Jamsta posted:

Logan Paul will get the virus and vlog his painful demise

At least something good will come from this virus

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

In Wuhan China, exports tax you!

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Whoever wrote that article is as dumb as the influencers because all of those posts were related to coronavirus. its not like Instagram is a news source and it’s exactly what you would expect looking up that hashtag on that platform. I’m also stupid for clicking that link and writing this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

VikingSkull posted:

258 dead, 11,301 infected now

Multiply these by at least ten to get the real numbers, guaranteed. So, almost 3,000 dead, over 100,000 infected.