Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

MJeff posted:

Honestly, I've always felt kinda the opposite, I think she can articulate why something is creatively flawed or problematic and why you should be aware of it but that doesn't mean you can't still like it.

I mean, her favorite Disney villain is Hades and that, uh. Is a bit fraught.

The Disney animated TV series Hades is the best Disney villain. Movie Hades though...well, I guess it could be worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Give me Fast & Furious vs Proud & Powerful coward hollywood

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Oh man the finale of the Good Place gave me far too many emotions and I don't know what to do with them.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kiss them

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I think someone recommended Doom Patrol in here and that was a good thing you did, unknown soldier.

I’ve only watched one episode but strong wounded man trying his darndest in a group of misfits is a trope that never fails to get me right there in the goddamn feels

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Oh man the finale of the Good Place gave me far too many emotions and I don't know what to do with them.

Oh it's back on at last? And finished!?! Now I can catch up!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thinking about my grampy. this song is from a good show bout a girl who takes care of her ol gram gram and they're very poor and gram's in very bad health. it's translated kinda sloppy in the video picture so you can follow along like i did. the latter half has got me up set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMUx4iKrOHI

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Oh it's back on at last? And finished!?! Now I can catch up!

Oh man you have a journey ahead of you if you haven't been watching this season as it airs.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Captain Magic posted:

I think someone recommended Doom Patrol in here and that was a good thing you did, unknown soldier.

I’ve only watched one episode but strong wounded man trying his darndest in a group of misfits is a trope that never fails to get me right there in the goddamn feels

Oh just you wait, friend. Some episodes still get me emotional when I think about them like a year later.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I guess I have to watch season 4 now

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The Good Place stuck the landing and I cried soooooooo much

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Captain Magic posted:

When you get a chance read Flex Mentallo: Man of Muscle Mystery for one of the best and weirdest comics DC has ever made

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like Doom Patrol and Titans are in the same canon because the combined backstories makes a fantastically hosed up super Earth.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
My friend and I watched up to the ending of season....2? Of Good Place? Where they're in the whole "hey, what if you hadn't died" simulation thing.

I guess now's the time to start catchin' up, huh. When'll the last season be on Netflix?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
my family members are dropping like flies but on the plus side i beat darkwing duck today. steel beak was a real fucko, just like my dead as of this morning grandfather.

which nes games do you most relate with human mortality gen thread

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Pinwiz11 posted:

The Good Place stuck the landing and I cried soooooooo much

hello you are my twin

the ending was really good and really wrapped up everything nicely

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MJeff posted:

Honestly, I've always felt kinda the opposite, I think she can articulate why something is creatively flawed or problematic and why you should be aware of it but that doesn't mean you can't still like it.

I mean, her favorite Disney villain is Hades and that, uh. Is a bit fraught.

If you wanna go buy most youtube sponsorships, gotta be Nord.

On that note, hey guys, lemme just take a break from this thread for a second so I can tell you about Raid Shadow Legends.

Have you considered that Ed Woods actually made Hades way better than he ought to have been?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mekchu posted:

Have you considered that Ed Woods actually made Hades way better than he ought to have been?

I mean, you basically can't argue against that. Hades was going to be a very bog standard dry, menacing Disney villain and it probably would've sucked and then James Woods came up with something totally different and it pretty much saves that movie.

Just that he's kind of a very bad person outside of that.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
whoa
whoa
whoa
let’s not dismiss videodrome

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

My friends have told me I must dress as a demon so they can throw beans at me this weekend.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

My friends have told me I must dress as a demon so they can throw beans at me this weekend.

You should, and then post photos

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

my family members are dropping like flies but on the plus side i beat darkwing duck today. steel beak was a real fucko, just like my dead as of this morning grandfather.

There’s some game where you’re driving a shooty car on a mountain path and unless you move fast enough or shoot well enough you die in a rockslide in like the first twenty seconds. And even if you get beyond that, which I rarely did, you die like twenty seconds after that due to some other bullshit.

That game was preparing me for life.

I’m sorry you’re having a rough time. That sounds lovely.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

WatermelonGun posted:

It's not an NES game, but I picked up Hellblade last night...

:stare:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Artelier posted:

hello you are my twin

the ending was really good and really wrapped up everything nicely

I didn't cry but I had a major lump in my throat but I think I had the exact reaction they were going for which is that I was really sad and had some initial existential ennui about the finality of existence but that morphed into peace and :unsmith: after having some time to digest it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

CobiWann posted:

It's not an NES game, but I picked up Hellblade last night...

:stare:

Hellblade is so incredibly good at creating the notion of not being able to trust your senses.

I work for a mental health organisation that did some consulting on the game, and they essentially got a group of people who had actually experienced psychosis to describe what it actually feels like in a multisensory way, then used that to influence the way the game fucks with your senses.

EDIT: and then Ninja Theory set up a scholarship to help people with lived experience of mental health crises gain training qualifications and advance on a career in adult education. https://www.cpft.nhs.uk/Latest-news/Ninja-Theory-launch-Senuas-Scholarship-with-CPFTs-Recovery-College-East.htm

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 1, 2020

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Been reading about the warcraft 3 reforged debacle and drat blizzard is just a total shitshow from top to bottom nowadays isn't it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kakarot is cool. Its not as laid back in the combat as I thought tho. But for once in a DBZ game the block button actually responds when I think it should. In Xenoverse blocking had to be triggered well before the enemy's attack animation began which meant you had to follow patterns instead of tells(boo hiss). The wander around collecty type stuff is cool because you'll occasionally stumble onto some lore. I found Grandpa Gohan's house! And the panty pig stuck on a mountainside for some reason(I think this was a gag from the manga when they wrote him out for a bit; its been a few yers since I re-read the manga).

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i watched knife in the water from revered pedophile roman polanski. thought it was alright. kept thinking of the santa claus saying goat in the wooter from nathan for you, basically repeating that to myself for the entire runtime, which could have clouded judgment

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

coconono posted:

Kakarot is cool. Its not as laid back in the combat as I thought tho. But for once in a DBZ game the block button actually responds when I think it should. In Xenoverse blocking had to be triggered well before the enemy's attack animation began which meant you had to follow patterns instead of tells(boo hiss). The wander around collecty type stuff is cool because you'll occasionally stumble onto some lore. I found Grandpa Gohan's house! And the panty pig stuck on a mountainside for some reason(I think this was a gag from the manga when they wrote him out for a bit; its been a few yers since I re-read the manga).

If Xenoverse gave me stupid fingers would Kakarot do the same?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

carrot. cock carrot

Didn't mean to post

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 1, 2020

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Captain Magic posted:

There’s some game where you’re driving a shooty car on a mountain path and unless you move fast enough or shoot well enough you die in a rockslide in like the first twenty seconds. And even if you get beyond that, which I rarely did, you die like twenty seconds after that due to some other bullshit.

That game was preparing me for life.

I’m sorry you’re having a rough time. That sounds lovely.

thank you.

for some reason your post reminded me of the ghostbusters 2 video game which was an impossible ugly mess filled with slime just like existence.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

yea ok posted:

i watched knife in the water from revered pedophile roman polanski. thought it was alright. kept thinking of the santa claus saying goat in the wooter from nathan for you, basically repeating that to myself for the entire runtime, which could have clouded judgment

my favorite movie by that lecher is probably the fearless vampire killers, because i am stoned all day every day

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
As awful as Polanski is as a person I will never stop loving Chinatown

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Apparently it was BreakThru!

https://youtu.be/RK0PLx2Ucrc

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
he has made some really good movies but also he really needs to die several decades ago. the pianist sucks and it’s super lame han solo flew the falcon to paris, city of cretins, to give polanski his oscar.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

lol looks lovely, i want to play it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Goat in the water, goat in the water

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I’d like to say I’ve emoted a few times in this thread and I’m really, pathologically bad about replying to people who say nice things to me on the internet, but if you responded to me venting about my life in the past couple of weeks, I saw it and appreciated it; it was helpful

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm glad I was able to help you out the most. You don't have to keep tabs on something like that and pay me back either. That's what friends are for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I don't want Polanski to die, I want him to be arrested and get his rear end thrown in jail for the rest of his miserable God forsaken life, the despicable piece of utter poo poo.