Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I'm really digging the designs of a lot of these new advisors.

Twice seems to have Führer Bradley, a guy from a metal album cover, and someone's grandma(she's going to be the most dangerous of them all) working for him.

Dabi has exactly the kind of people I'd expect him to hang out with as his advisors. Wonder if they'll be just as useless as him. Not sure what to say about Geten's advisors other than 2 and 3 look real cool.

Toga's crew seems pretty great: a Jojo lookin dude, R2D2, and a big buff woman! I'm really wondering what Slidin Go can do if he's good enough to be a top advisor. The gross toad man is totally someone Tsuyu is going to have to fight.

I like how Spinner's group is seemingly all mutant types like him, fits with his background of being an outcast in his old town due to being the "lizard boy". I assume Compress picked number 3 just because they have similar masks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I hope they don't end up being part of another boss rush with flashback powerups, but I don't know why else they would have been introduced at this moment.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rhonne posted:

a guy from a metal album cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csZzzFRjHKw

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Spinner's team look like Pokemon.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Now I'm going to be disappointed if Spinner doesn't call that out because it would be completely in character for him.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The buff woman on Toga's side reminds me of Alex from Street Fighter.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

The buff woman on Toga's side reminds me of Alex from Street Fighter.

I had the same reaction, I'm almost positive that's the intent.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I can't get over how grumpy Toga looks there. I wonder if she hates being paired with that guy.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rhonne posted:

I'm really digging the designs of a lot of these new advisors.

Twice seems to have Führer Bradley, a guy from a metal album cover, and someone's grandma(she's going to be the most dangerous of them all) working for him.

Dabi has exactly the kind of people I'd expect him to hang out with as his advisors. Wonder if they'll be just as useless as him. Not sure what to say about Geten's advisors other than 2 and 3 look real cool.

Toga's crew seems pretty great: a Jojo lookin dude, R2D2, and a big buff woman! I'm really wondering what Slidin Go can do if he's good enough to be a top advisor. The gross toad man is totally someone Tsuyu is going to have to fight.

I like how Spinner's group is seemingly all mutant types like him, fits with his background of being an outcast in his old town due to being the "lizard boy". I assume Compress picked number 3 just because they have similar masks.

Geten's 2 just looks like Best Sweaterist.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Whatever the heck Spinner's 1 is, I'm in.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She looks like a human fused with a Pokemon, the yellow-black one with ears like that. I don't remember what type it was. I am NOT talking about Pikachu.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

She looks like a human fused with a Pokemon, the yellow-black one with ears like that. I don't remember what type it was. I am NOT talking about Pikachu.

it was electric and it's a helioptile

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Electric/Normal! :eng101:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Prowler posted:

I had the same reaction, I'm almost positive that's the intent.

Hope this means she's going to pull off some sweet wrestling moves when she gets a fight.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Elfgames posted:

it was electric and it's a helioptile

PMush Perfect posted:

Electric/Normal! :eng101:

Hell yeah, friends.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

She's a spider fellas

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kild posted:

She's a spider fellas

A spider-person with giant fake anime eyes sounds like a great design.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

RareAcumen posted:

A spider-person with giant fake anime eyes sounds like a great design.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Hey, it is a great design.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I saw some clips from the second movie and I'm questioning how you plan on topping that on a power/spectacle scale if the ten movies thing is true

There's a reason this movie apparently is on track to match the previous one- the big action cut feels literally like they sucked all the sakuga that was meant for the current anime season out

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Everyone talking about Mineta in the other thread is reminding me that his worst moment is going to show up soon (telling Eri to look him up in 10 years).

If ever I wanted them to remove something for the anime that would be it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

If Mineta gets iced here, I won't be complaining too loudly about it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I demand more Mineta

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Shinjobi posted:

I demand more Mineta

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Let Alien Queen show just how dangerous Acid Man is :getin:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

GuyUpNorth posted:

Let Alien Queen show just how dangerous Acid Man is :getin:

She could technically get away with using it on an army of Twice clones since they're not real people, right?

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Oh man is this why Twice's trauma was resolved? To produce an army of human-shaped mooks that our heroes can brutalize

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

She could technically get away with using it on an army of Twice clones since they're not real people, right?

They have personality, memories, can feel pain, etc. They're just made of something different.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

oh jay posted:

They have personality, memories, can feel pain, etc. They're just made of something different.

But they're not the original, and therefore susceptible to being horrifically brutalized by the heroes

Granted, there'll be a period where they're actually useful in sowing paranoia and distrust among the heroes, but they'll find a way to counter it and turn them into paste whenever a synth clone shows up

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Vinylshadow posted:

But they're not the original, and therefore susceptible to being horrifically brutalized by the heroes

Granted, there'll be a period where they're actually useful in sowing paranoia and distrust among the heroes, but they'll find a way to counter it and turn them into paste whenever a synth clone shows up

Twice can't use his quirk like that, he has no control over the clones.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Another broken part about Twice's quirk is that Aizawa's cancellation can't destroy clones already created, I believe.

Like, when he used his quirk against a Dabi clone, he could prevent it from using Dabi's quirk, but he didn't cancel out Twice's clone quirk itself.

That's pretty bonkers.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Each twice clone can make its own twice clone and a toga clone, recursively. Imagine the shenanigans! I imagine Toga couldn't draw enough blood from a Twice clone to copy his quirk in transformation but if they were to show up prepared with dozens of vials of blood prepared ahead of time? A toga clone who is shifted into a twice clone who at a moments notice can bail and vanish into a crowd with some generic blood

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

M_Gargantua posted:

Each twice clone can make its own twice clone and a toga clone, recursively. Imagine the shenanigans! I imagine Toga couldn't draw enough blood from a Twice clone to copy his quirk in transformation but if they were to show up prepared with dozens of vials of blood prepared ahead of time? A toga clone who is shifted into a twice clone who at a moments notice can bail and vanish into a crowd with some generic blood

The rather upsetting side to all of the clone volume is that if faced with a dehumanized mass of mooks that they expect to simply vanish into goo after being hit hard enough, what might happen to toga/twice if attackers get carried away fighting for their lives? Someone like Endeavor, or even Bakugou, could cause some massive destruction to a crowd of clones and anything or anyone else caught in the fire.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think in the next few chapters we're gonna find out what sort of carnage Horikoshi has the stones for.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Fabricated posted:

I think in the next few chapters we're gonna find out what sort of carnage Horikoshi has the stones for.

We already had a child brutally murder his screaming sister(also a child) and crying mother on-panel after disintegrating his dog into bloody chunks, so the bar is already pretty set.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kanos posted:

We already had a child brutally murder his screaming sister(also a child) and crying mother on-panel after disintegrating his dog into bloody chunks, so the bar is already pretty set.

I know it's ambiguous -- Shigaraki certainly seems to think so, in his retrospect on the events -- but my understanding was that the only actual, deliberate murder Tenko performed was on his father.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Kanos posted:

Well we know what level of gore he's willing to draw but I typically don't count distant flashback deaths in terms of what current main cast characters he's willing to kill.

Given the setup, if this is in fact the PLA vs Heroes for real- which if any named characters get clipped here will set the tone from here on out.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
If Twice did clone a Hero, how would they figure out which is the real one? What would they do with the copy?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mraagvpeine posted:

If Twice did clone a Hero, how would they figure out which is the real one? What would they do with the copy?

It wouldn't really matter, both would have the exact same personality and loyalties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Lmao I just remembered that Hawks doesn't know poo poo about Endeavors history as a domestic abuser and is currently paling around with a guy who is very possibly Endeavors mutilated son, that revelation is gonna come up at just the right time to totally gently caress Hawks AND Endeavor at once isn't it