Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Super Bowl?
This poll is closed.
Kansas City Chiefs 65 0.71%
San Francisco 49ers 42 0.46%
Goku 9016 98.52%
Lamar is the MVP 28 0.31%
Total: 9151 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Same. Kobe Bryant dying is like Michael Jackson dying. Ironically they’re both sex pests too haha. But my point is that they both transcended what made them famous and losing a person like kobe Bryant so abruptly and so tragically doesn’t compute and it’s like a piece of your childhood died. RIP

the thing for me is seeing all of the basketball players I love being totally broken up. Like watching Lebron give his speech tonight, or Shaq the other night on TNT talking about losing his friend, it sucks seeing people you like, respect, etc., go through a tragedy like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Kobe's death caught fire because he was young and it was unexpected. The only real comparison is Dale Earnhardt's death. A name everyone knew even if they didn't care about the sport, dead in a really shocking way. It's easy money for the media, much more consistent than the run up to the super bowl, which honestly is usually boring. There's very little to talk about when there are only two teams remaining and two weeks to talk about one loving game with nothing else going on in sports. It gets really loving old, outside of KC and SF nobody wants to hear 300 hours of repetitive hot takes. If he died a month earlier, his death would actually have got significantly less coverage - still a lot, but there would have been enough other stuff going on that you wouldn't have had day after day of nothing but Kobe.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I spent WAY TOO MANY hours editing WAY TOO MANY car and rim images in GIMP, but the Chiefs gangtag is finally done!

All that remains now is to shrink it to 180 pixels wide and whatever the max filesize for a gangtag is. I might need some assistance with this part, as I’m not sure how clean it’ll look if I shrink it in GIMP, unless someone knows a special way to shrink stuff in GIMP so it looks super clean.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can provide zero assistance with your quest but I wish you luck and I await your emergence from this cave with coin in hand.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

I. M. Gei posted:

I spent WAY TOO MANY hours editing WAY TOO MANY car and rim images in GIMP, but the Chiefs gangtag is finally done!

All that remains now is to shrink it to 180 pixels wide and whatever the max filesize for a gangtag is. I might need some assistance with this part, as I’m not sure how clean it’ll look if I shrink it in GIMP, unless someone knows a special way to shrink stuff in GIMP so it looks super clean.

180 (Or Less) x 50 (Or Less) and under 150kb (not hard and fast limit, but smaller the better, no larger than 200kb).

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

K8.0 posted:

Kobe's death caught fire because he was young and it was unexpected.

I thought it was the fuel and unexpected deceleration.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

iwentdoodie posted:

I thought it was the fuel and unexpected deceleration.

Lol

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Athanatos posted:

180 (Or Less) x 50 (Or Less) and under 150kb (not hard and fast limit, but smaller the better, no larger than 200kb).

That shouldn’t be a problem, then.

This is my first attempt at shrinking it.

As y’all can see, the letter edges are HORRIFICALLY JAGGED and I have no idea why or how to fix it.

EDIT: If anybody knows a better way to shrink poo poo that’ll make this lettering not look like rear end and wants to take a crack at it themselves (or can tell me how to do it), be my guest. I’d like to have this thing shrunk and done before Sunday.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Feb 1, 2020

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I. M. Gei posted:

That shouldn’t be a problem, then.

This is my first attempt at shrinking it.

As y’all can see, the letter edges are HORRIFICALLY JAGGED and I have no idea why or how to fix it.

EDIT: If anybody knows a better way to shrink poo poo that’ll make this lettering not look like rear end and wants to take a crack at it themselves (or can tell me how to do it), be my guest. I’d like to have this thing shrunk and done before Sunday.

Saw your post in the CC Creative Chat thread. On the off-chance you missed my reply there, here ya go.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

got any sevens posted:

New audible: "kobe" means you spike it into the ground

QB seeing triple coverage on his receiver and throwing it anyway

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I. M. Gei posted:

Oh my god it's beautiful

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Daryl Morey may have been right in his Hong Kong statements & is considered Stat Jesus amongst the analytics crowd, but not knowing that China is a huge market that his business is trying to step into shows how little he knows regarding the capitalistic system he's a part of.
:capitalism:

gently caress, I forgot about Matt Barnes.

Such a huge important market that the revenue increased anyway. The tencent deal to air the NBA in China was 1.5 billion over 5 years, the TNT deal alone was $24 billion over 9 years. And that’s not even considering the significantly higher cost of doing business in China in terms of taxes and bribes. It’s a big market but not a high value one for the NBA, as it turns out.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kiimo posted:

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around how Dolores O’Riordan and Whitney Houston and Whitney Houston's daughter all died by accidentally drowning in their bathtubs.

drug overdose.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/dril_gpt2/status/1223523757358288897?s=19

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is the Dril AI bot meant to be some snide commentary about how Dril isn’t actually funny?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

K8.0 posted:

Kobe's death caught fire because he was young and it was unexpected. The only real comparison is Dale Earnhardt's death. A name everyone knew even if they didn't care about the sport, dead in a really shocking way. It's easy money for the media, much more consistent than the run up to the super bowl, which honestly is usually boring. There's very little to talk about when there are only two teams remaining and two weeks to talk about one loving game with nothing else going on in sports. It gets really loving old, outside of KC and SF nobody wants to hear 300 hours of repetitive hot takes. If he died a month earlier, his death would actually have got significantly less coverage - still a lot, but there would have been enough other stuff going on that you wouldn't have had day after day of nothing but Kobe.

It's because he's a cultural icon

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

K8.0 posted:

Do you have brain worms

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Someone here that's being invited to a superbowl party needs to make that jerky/dill dip, quietly sneak it in and gauge other party members reactions.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
Skip does steroids, right?

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/1223643372184842240?s=19

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol that's such a Gym Dad Bod

edit: I feel like you need to see the whole picture for the full creepy impact

guh

ross

kiimo fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 1, 2020

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

kiimo posted:

guh

ross

he looks loving amazing for a 68 year old dude

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Skip is 68?!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SKILP

The comments are great

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
^^^Yea, lol^^^

The comment thread on SKIP'S HOT SENIOR BOD is the definition of "mixed reaction".

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

kiimo posted:

SKILP

The comments are great

So that's what Patrick Bateman is up to these days

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

For some reason those pictures made this achewood pop into my head, can't imagine why:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Looking at those photos, I'm pretty certain that Skip is fueled by his Lebron/Cowboy rage.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

kiimo posted:

guh

ross

Yeah pull em down a little farther so we can see the root, Skip. :barf:

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Saw your post in the CC Creative Chat thread. On the off-chance you missed my reply there, here ya go.

gently caress, yes

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
gently caress it, I’ll give him props, roids notwithstanding that’s some work for a senior citizen to be putting in, you go and embrace that body positivity Skip

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Stupid sexy Bayless
https://i.imgur.com/uwMnhX2.gifv

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

It's been so long since I had a gang tag that I have no idea how to do it anymore but I'll figure it out for this

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

More likely test

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

D-LINK posted:

More likely test

aka the best steroid

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Is HRT considered a steroid? Fiz? Swick?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Skip is a literal gym crazy person and subsists solely on grilled chicken breast, steamed broccoli, and diet mountain dew.

Meanwhile his brother makes delicious mexican food

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Skip is a literal gym crazy person and subsists solely on grilled chicken breast, steamed broccoli, and diet mountain dew.

Meanwhile his brother makes delicious mexican food

Holy poo poo Rick and Skip are related?!?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

D-LINK posted:

Is HRT considered a steroid? Fiz? Swick?

testosterone is a natural steroid.

in the world of bodybuilding/sports/instagram modeling, generally if someone is on steroids they're not referring to testosterone. they'll be talking about tren or something like that.

no it doesn't make any sense

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is the Dril AI bot meant to be some snide commentary about how Dril isn’t actually funny?

It's commentary on the first round NY Jets experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

testosterone is a natural steroid.

in the world of bodybuilding/sports/instagram modeling, generally if someone is on steroids they're not referring to testosterone. they'll be talking about tren or something like that.

no it doesn't make any sense

Looking at the pic of Skip, you see solid striated muscle, not the water-retentive mass of steroids that are a dead giveaway . I guessed test due to the lean look that is pretty much impossible for a 68 year old man