Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I can see my dad getting unironically psyched at the opportunity to use his high pressure cleaner again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think the winds pointed away from the city for a few days

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

the scary part to me is how the weather has just been changing so fast from hour to hour, even being from melbourne it feels more hosed than it has before.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Caesar Saladin posted:

I can see my dad getting unironically psyched at the opportunity to use his high pressure cleaner again

Man it's really good fun hey. Mine has a foam sprayer and an underbody nozzle with a 90 degree bend in it and a swirlygig foamy scrubber which is fully fucken sick mate.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I want a pressure washer so bad and I'm not even 30

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

next stop: using a leafblower on a mild amount of leaf cover at 8:00am on saturday

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Tirade posted:

Even back in 2005 the valley was a disaster, after closing up we'd usually hang around and shoot pool for a few hours rather than head out elsewhere. Can't imagine how hosed it is these days.

Valley isn't so bad unless you're out next to Wickham on a Saturday night. I mean its a clubby area but its not totally hosed. I'm from Detroit though so my perspective is pretty skewed. I won't admit an area is bad until I see giant cockroaches polishing their Uzis.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I’m not allowed to pressure hose anything except the bins every two weeks bc mrs turnbeug is concerned about our water bill but rest assured I take great pleasure in that gross chore

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Jestery posted:

I want a pressure washer so bad and I'm not even 30

I bought one at 27, no regrets

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
*uses leaf blower 7am, 4pm southerly undoes everything

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

My dealer is out of town tomorrow and I can't handle this med switch poo poo without weed, I'm gonna be on a frenzy of Wickr messages to shady dumbasses i once picked up from and dodging internet scammers on leafedin

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Caesar Saladin posted:

next stop: using a leafblower on a mild amount of leaf cover at 8:00am on saturday

Ha ha, since having kids 8am is pretty much mid morning for me...

:(

That said my FIL gave me an electric leaf blower the other day and I was all "uh.. Thanks... i guess..."
Then I tried out the vacuum/mulch setting and it actually works pretty well. I'll stick with the rake for getting them in one place though.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
Love a good rake. Going to bunbuns for an extra long handle broom today I really hope to walk out of there with the Excalibur of brooms

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I got a metal rake and a plastic rake. I'm not going to tell you for what each is for but I 100% know.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i bought a pie for lunch and paid 40c for sauce, its been a while since I bought sauce in a masterfoods squeezy packet, did I get ripped off? (I mean more than someone who paid for sauce already has been)

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

maxe posted:

Love a good rake. Going to bunbuns for an extra long handle broom today I really hope to walk out of there with the Excalibur of brooms

The landlords here have this long stick fruit picker contraption they used to clear the mangos from the tree with, just two bolts and a flowerpot, real ingenious

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jestery posted:

The landlords here have this long stick fruit picker contraption they used to clear the mangos from the tree with, just two bolts and a flowerpot, real ingenious

We had those back when I were but a wee lad, used to pinch fruit from the farm down the street over the fence.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

Jestery posted:

And here I am trying to decide between the Sabco Bulldozer and the Cyclone Pro Series brooms at 30 bucks each

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I got a metal rake and a plastic rake. I'm not going to tell you for what each is for but I 100% know.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Anyone in Brisbane know of a decent poster store where I can get some poo poo to hang on my home office walls? Band posters, movie posters, art prints, etc.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

i bought a pie for lunch and paid 40c for sauce, its been a while since I bought sauce in a masterfoods squeezy packet, did I get ripped off? (I mean more than someone who paid for sauce already has been)

absolutely, I wish they would just have a bottle of Home Brand for free
I hate those little squeezies now I'm not a kid

ili
Jul 26, 2003

My local bakery has a counter bottle, it's tops.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

yeah the pie shop at burleigh had bottles of tomato and bbq on each table and it shut down over the christmas before last and never opened back up again and now its a lovely workers cafe thats way too expensive for workers to actually bother with given its across the road from a HJs and a nandos and they STILL sting you for fuckin sauce

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Had a lovely day at the beach yesterday

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Nice, they've got a real 70s vibe going.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Wish I had AC today

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
It's still 36 outside and the inside of my house is currently 33. Trying to cool the house down is not going well cause I can't even water the garden to get some evaporative cooling going.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
My hair has started to fall out and I just ordered some chemo turbans. I will wear them proudly in honour of NVJ.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

It's still 36 outside and the inside of my house is currently 33. Trying to cool the house down is not going well cause I can't even water the garden to get some evaporative cooling going.

Similar here and that's with two portable air conditioners running. It's not supposed to drop below 30 until after midnight so opening everything up when I go to bed isn't going to make much difference. Gonna be Tuesday before the temperature is low enough for everything to start cooling down properly.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Lolie posted:

Similar here and that's with two portable air conditioners running. It's not supposed to drop below 30 until after midnight so opening everything up when I go to bed isn't going to make much difference. Gonna be Tuesday before the temperature is low enough for everything to start cooling down properly.

We have 2 normal fans and not much else. The workshops at school are gonna be hosed on monday after sitting closed with nothing running all weekend. Normally they stay decently cool but struggle when theres multiple hot days. We aren't allowed aircon either so we rely on fans to do the cooling.

Rock the turban with pride lolie.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

Lolie posted:

My hair has started to fall out and I just ordered some chemo turbans. I will wear them proudly in honour of NVJ.

My mum seriously rocked her turbans when she went through chemo. All the best Lolie.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

gently caress yeah lolie, that's a fucken tops response to a lovely situation.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

turbans are style as gently caress. my nan had some cool ones she got when she had breast cancer, be proud.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Cancer turbans are rad and a good sign of solidarity for the #freenvj movement

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Spent the day at Malabar beach with the Mrs then went to Cabra for some rice paper rolls, tops day

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Got these weird fruit things in Cabramatta. Paging plant experts to the thread:

Plantnet says it's a watery rose apple

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

McSpergin posted:

Black Capsicum

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

McSpergin posted:

I literally ate a couple of these last week, brought in by a colleague. Name sounds similar, can’t remember. Said it was related to lilli pilli.

Edit: they called it a Chinese wax apple, but looks like it’s the same thing when you look it up on wiki.

femcastra fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Feb 1, 2020

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
It's finally dropped below 30. The 55% RH means it still feels like 33, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Lolie posted:

It's finally dropped below 30. The 55% RH means it still feels like 33, though.

It was 44 according to my car when we left my Mrs place around 12, when we got to Malabar it was low to mid 30s. Thanks western Sydney!

The humidity is a dog at the moment, jfc