Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Wreddit is basically the wrestling version of Free Republic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Thay eyepatch post is so loving stupid it pains me. Does this guy not know that people wear eyepatchesim real life when they lose an eye or get injured?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Circle jerk is for the wwe fans who are too fragile to go on squared circle.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

JT Smiley posted:

Thay eyepatch post is so loving stupid it pains me. Does this guy not know that people wear eyepatchesim real life when they lose an eye or get injured?

As a guy who sometimes has to wear an eyepatch (hooray genetic caused persistent epithelial defect, the other bad type of PED!) you'd be amazed how goddamn clueless people are about it. I was at the store after a bad tear the other day and the cashier looked at me and just straight up went "oh my god what happened to your eye!?"

Eyepatches are something that only happens in movies or video games so if one is seen in the wild it must have some incredible story behind it obv. Unfortunately sometimes that story is just "sometimes my eyelid rips off my cornea in my sleep cause my genes are garbage." This is also why a lot of people who do lose an eye (either by accident or surgical removal) elect for the much more expensive glass or prosthetic option. My only other option is to wear a glass contact that's literally the size of half my eyeball, which is difficult to do when your eye feels like it has needles sticking in it and your lid absolutely refuses to open. Well that or I could a dangerous surgery with a hellish recovery that "might work. For a while anyway."

In conclusion Mox's eyepatch gimmick is cool, other people's disabilities are nobody's business but their own, and reddit is an unending wasteland of poo poo covered garbage. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/pipebombzz/status/1223320643350953984?s=19

Strong Style Yuka Sakazaki

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I bet she could tap out Inoki.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I love how you can always instantly tell when someone doesn't watch Japanese wrestling

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

My favorite reddit thing that I got from SAS was when an NFL player made a video of himself sitting in a car in 100+ degree heat to show how dangerous it was to leave animals in the same situation.

The NASCAR reddit saw this and the message they apparently got was that NASCAR drivers were tougher than him for being able to deal with that kind of heat in their cars.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

are you trying to say all those growls and grunts are weak style

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If all you watch is WWE it would be really confusing to see somebody sell an injury for more than 10 minutes

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

JT Smiley posted:

Not just that, he's also completely ignorant of the history behind a wrestler getting a spike in the eye on a Turner network. (To the point that Tony Khan ran the idea past TNT before they went with it!)

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Those people have convinced themselves everything Mox does is a bad idea because he said mean things about WWE on a podcast and if his ideas aren't bad then what he said might be true. There's really people saying it's stupid just because they've invented a scenario in their head that Moxley wanted to wear an eyepatch for no good reason, and so the reason doesn't matter. He just really wanted to wear an eyepatch, because he's stupid and lame.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's also a dumb opinion because the eyepatch just makes Mox look even more badass.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

hunnert car pileup posted:

My favorite reddit thing that I got from SAS was when an NFL player made a video of himself sitting in a car in 100+ degree heat to show how dangerous it was to leave animals in the same situation.

The NASCAR reddit saw this and the message they apparently got was that NASCAR drivers were tougher than him for being able to deal with that kind of heat in their cars.

What I get from this is NASCAR reddit is a bunch of dog-murderers.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Kvantum posted:

Not just that, he's also completely ignorant of the history behind a wrestler getting a spike in the eye on a Turner network. (To the point that Tony Khan ran the idea past TNT before they went with it!)

Just looked this up and of course it was a Dusty angle, and I’m pretty sure Tony repeated some of his commentary verbatim (I am assuming the Tony announcing NWA Worldwide back in 88 was Schiavone.).

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Unperson_47 posted:

What I get from this is NASCAR reddit is a bunch of dog-murderers.

I mean probably.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I know a lot of you were worried about our friend Mike after the stock imploded but don't worry he made a new investment.

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1223395233104306177

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

I know a lot of you were worried about our friend Mike after the stock imploded but don't worry he made a new investment.

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1223395233104306177

Doesn't even care if he loses his money, he really IS controversial.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I love online.

https://twitter.com/Traviswj228807/status/1223481571757428739

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's also a dumb opinion because the eyepatch just makes Mox look even more badass.

Punished Mox is such an insanely good look that I wouldn't mind if it became a permanent part of his gear. Like he could include a cool eyepatch in his special entrance gear for a big match or something

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Fuckin' hell.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Why didn't you pay more attention to Q drops, MassRafTer?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lamuella posted:

Why didn't you pay more attention to Q drops, MassRafTer?

It's all coming together
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1223331646524608513

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

“Why would I pay attention to Q drops, Paul?”

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://twitter.com/Itachizer01/status/1223311030576713728

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Oh hey, he signed his tweet three times.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Wow, looks like he got the captions switched around. What an embarrassing mistake.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cerebral Bore posted:

Wow, looks like he got the captions switched around. What an embarrassing mistake.

Hey.

BMJ isn't a jobber.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

Hey.

BMJ isn't a jobber.

Oh yeah? So when did he last win a match?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Imagine being this much of a broke brain boomer

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Wait that wasn't a satire piece?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Honestly, you could tell me that QAnon are planning to fly to a city on the moon with Santa so they could rule over gravity, and I'd believe you at this point

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1223577047009767425?s=20

Yes Robert, this awesome match would be much better in front of 1,400 people at Korakuen Hall. I like All Japan & all but this is silly.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

forkboy84 posted:

Yes Robert, this awesome match would be much better in front of 1,400 people at Korakuen Hall. I like All Japan & all but this is silly.

You're right, it should be in DDT instead

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

If AJPW suddenly gets super popular those same dorks are going to swear blind that NOAH’s where the real action is

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Weird post when every match would be better in front of 1400 people in Korakuen Hall. The size of the crowd isn't as good at the atmosphere and nowhere touches Korakuen in that regard.

Like I guarantee you the atmosphere for Suzuki/SANADA was a million times better than the atmosphere for Okada/SANADA in Sumo Hall and I'd be surprised if that didn't translate to TV given how Korakuen events I've seen on TV come across.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Weird post when every match would be better in front of 1400 people in Korakuen Hall. The size of the crowd isn't as good at the atmosphere and nowhere touches Korakuen in that regard.

Like I guarantee you the atmosphere for Suzuki/SANADA was a million times better than the atmosphere for Okada/SANADA in Sumo Hall and I'd be surprised if that didn't translate to TV given how Korakuen events I've seen on TV come across.

Okay, in front of 600 people in EIDION #2. That's more the point than anything else.The notion that a match would be better if it was in a different company despite having the same wrestlers in it. It's dumb.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Okay, in front of 600 people in EIDION #2. That's more the point than anything else.The notion that a match would be better if it was in a different company despite having the same wrestlers in it. It's dumb.

Have you never watched a WWE match with good wrestlers in it?

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Honestly, you could tell me that QAnon are planning to fly to a city on the moon with Santa so they could rule over gravity, and I'd believe you at this point

I wouldn't, cuz that's badass, and QAnon is anything but that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Have you never watched a WWE match with good wrestlers in it?

Okay. WWE is comparable to New Japan, yes.