Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Sadly he passed away. He did a 48 hour stream of the game and at about 28 hours in he collapsed.

CIG did a ship sale in his honour and 20% of the proceeds went to a charity chosen by his family.

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Feb 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Sillybones posted:

Sadly he passed away. He did a 48 hour stream of the game and at about 28 hours in he collapsed.

CIG did a ship sale in his honour and 20% of the proceeds went to a charity chosen by his family.

Sadly his ghost was still streaming on Twitch last night.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Dooguk posted:

Sadly his ghost was still streaming on Twitch last night.

Cursed to continue streaming SC in the afterlife.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Has anyone said "Star Citizen: Mystery Science Theatres of War 3000" yet?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Has anyone said "Star Citizen: Mystery Science Theatres of War 3000" yet?

I’d fund that.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

:gary:

Nice, is that wtf guy on twitch still playing this?

Yes, but CIG, in a secret subcontract with Redbull Marketing, elevated their own (paid) streamer messiah (Rexzilla) in late 2018. That’s a very long story with lots of absurd tangents.

Rexzilla disrupted the established SC streamer order in a big way. WTF, Baron, Twerk, and many others got trounced in viewership by a guy they watched CIG anoint. It’s actually a pretty funny 2019 subplot, particularly for folks who followed the behind the scenes streamer dramas closely.

If you want to see some write-ups about Rex, I did a lot as it became increasingly obvious he was paid talent hired to shill shamelessly for CIG. It looks like it was all tied to some broader covert campaign with Redbull, a deal which also produced this slick advertorial for CIG and this garbage write-up just as the Rexshilla paid hype larp contract really got rolling.

A few months into it, some paid Rexshilla PR hit the toilet rags.

Anyway, there’s more to it than that if you read through my older posts on the topic. Rex was CIG’s new boy wonder, which destroyed Baron especially, even as Baron was once the new boy wonder who disrupted WTF’s early primacy.

Rex was briefly seen as the choice of a new generation by SC hostages too naive to believe it was all a contrived phenomenon. One of those believers (jade_starwatcher) contacted me on Reddit with a hyperdefensive effortpost of her own.

Rex, once the anointed, totally organic superfan of Star Citizen, has since moved on. A paid gig with Facebook gaming, lots of Tarkov streaming, and most recently into a corporate gig with TempoStorm. A guy who once screamed “I’m ready to spend $20000 on this game - IM READY TO SPEND IT ALL!” was not, in turns out, on a longterm contract with CIG.

In his absence, WTF still slogs on as an OG SC streamer. He has a wonderful dog now, which is good, since at least his loyalties there will rewarded with gratitude and love in reply.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Haha yeah it looks like Rexzilla hasn't played SC since Dec 11. Sponsorship dried up for sure.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Haha yeah it looks like Rexzilla hasn't played SC since Dec 11. Sponsorship dried up for sure.

Didn't he move to Facebook or something?

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

G0RF posted:

Yes, but CIG, in a secret subcontract with Redbull Marketing, elevated their own (paid) streamer messiah (Rexzilla) in late 2018. That’s a very long story with lots of absurd tangents.

Rexzilla disrupted the established SC streamer order in a big way. WTF, Baron, Twerk, and many others got trounced in viewership by a guy they watched CIG anoint. It’s actually a pretty funny 2019 subplot, particularly for folks who followed the behind the scenes streamer dramas closely.

If you want to see some write-ups about Rex, I did a lot as it became increasingly obvious he was paid talent hired to shill shamelessly for CIG. It looks like it was all tied to some broader covert campaign with Redbull, a deal which also produced this slick advertorial for CIG and this garbage write-up just as the Rexshilla paid hype larp contract really got rolling.

A few months into it, some paid Rexshilla PR hit the toilet rags.

Anyway, there’s more to it than that if you read through my older posts on the topic. Rex was CIG’s new boy wonder, which destroyed Baron especially, even as Baron was once the new boy wonder who disrupted WTF’s early primacy.

Rex was briefly seen as the choice of a new generation by SC hostages too naive to believe it was all a contrived phenomenon. One of those believers (jade_starwatcher) contacted me on Reddit with a hyperdefensive effortpost of her own.

Rex, once the anointed, totally organic superfan of Star Citizen, has since moved on. A paid gig with Facebook gaming, lots of Tarkov streaming, and most recently into a corporate gig with TempoStorm. A guy who once screamed “I’m ready to spend $20000 on this game - IM READY TO SPEND IT ALL!” was not, in turns out, on a longterm contract with CIG.

In his absence, WTF still slogs on as an OG SC streamer. He has a wonderful dog now, which is good, since at least his loyalties there will rewarded with gratitude and love in reply.

I wonder if Rex will make a dramatic return when CIG release Theatres of Lag.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
So just out of curiosity but what is the big deal with body dragging?

Is there like a stealth mechanic in place or something they think? Is it to drag your bro back to a restore point?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

'medical gameplay'

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Agony Aunt posted:

I wonder if Rex will make a dramatic return when CIG release Theatres of Lag.

Depends how effective the campaign was; the problem being that influencers are all about brand.

And apparently hate being called out for the ad channel they are, and are like totally organic, man. A movement if you will.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

The Titanic posted:

Is there like a stealth mechanic in place or something they think? Is it to drag your bro back to a restore point?

Roadmap says

quote:

Implementing initial functionality for the player to move an incapacitated or dead NPC by dragging the body around an environment.

They don't say why...

I'd guess it's for bounty hunting. But this just happened

quote:

Bounty Hunter Armor
Bounty Hunter Armor should be released alongside Bounty Hunter Gameplay, with meaningful design choices being incorporated into the armor. Until we find a place for Bounty Hunter Gameplay, we’ve removed this card from the PU Roadmap.

Maybe it's for naked bounty hunting?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I wonder what the inevitable consequences of naked bounty hunting would be?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

jarlywarly posted:

Yeah. But even then the last video that mentions star citizen in the title (or space sim, Star Citizen is probably bad for SOE) is December 17th.

I wonder if it's jarring for CI to have a streamer only interested in getting paid. Baron would be streaming still out of loyality or w/e.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Colostomy Bag posted:

Sex slaves, as was prophesied so long ago.

Good on CIG for knowing what their customers really want.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Naked Dog the bounty hunter. <maintains eye contact>

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Hav posted:

A movement if you will.

:lol::lol::lol:

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pixelate posted:

Roadmap says

They don't say why...

I'd guess it's for bounty hunting. But this just happened

Maybe it's for naked bounty hunting?

I just presumed the body dragging was for teabagging. Take the body to a dark corner, lust on your mind.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Hav posted:

Naked Dog the bounty hunter. <maintains eye contact>

You made me chortle old friend.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

prison gameplay?

PRISON GAMEPLAY?!

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Ash1138 posted:

prison gameplay?

PRISON GAMEPLAY?!

I can't wait to hear about the inevitable consequences of dropping the soap!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/U4e50Q7.gifv

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

jarlywarly posted:

Yes, this is according to his streaming history on his Facebook page. He plays nothing but EFT and COD now, for the last month and a half.

That Snickers Guy
Oct 29, 2018

Psst, hey kid.
Wanna buy some Star Wars Spoilers?

Have a Snickers you act like a DIVA when you're hungry.

I paid 5 buxx for this so I might as well make the most of it right?

How about a joke?

How do you milk a whale?
You release a new jpeg.

Here have a cat.
/\_/\
( 0.0 )
> ^ <

Nemo2342 posted:

Cursed to continue streaming SC in the afterlife.

What the hell could anyone possibly do to deserve that kind of punishment..

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

dogs are good

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
I have a folder full of catte and doggo videos from this thread, it makes it all worth it. Thanks star citizen!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Looking through the bug tracker and you can really see the progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl344nN5mXA

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yes, this is according to his streaming history on his Facebook page. He plays nothing but EFT and COD now, for the last month and a half.

But ZDF is the fastest growing org in SC!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

AP posted:

Looking through the bug tracker and you can really see the progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl344nN5mXA

They’ve really turned it all around in your absence. Hard to believe we all once thought of it as a dumpster fire.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Pilz posted:

I can't wait to hear about the inevitable consequences of dropping the soap!

Well, the bar of soap will clip though the floor.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.
So what awesome play does Microtech offer?

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Kabuki

marumaru
May 20, 2013

monkeytek posted:

there's mountains and rocks and trees and snow

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

monkeytek posted:

The friends you make along the way

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Titanic posted:

Lust is on his mind

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

The Titanic posted:

Someone doesn't understand rape gameplay development!

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Bronze Fonz posted:

Someone doesn't understand rape gameplay development!

Indeedy.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Pilz posted:

dogs are good

Kellanved posted:

I have a folder full of catte and doggo videos from this thread, it makes it all worth it. Thanks star citizen!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FarUnluckyAlpinegoat-mobile.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

So how is the ZDF members dealing with the Kings disappearance?