Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Chadlyness? Confirmed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I wish I had though to do some nice army shots on one of the 3d tables, but I do have the only picture we need to see.

We're all very proud of you.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

I wanna see your army pix!

TTerrible posted:

Yeah post ur mans ijyt. I saw you taking those display board photos.

They turned out bad :(

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

I wake from a fitful sleep as my phone blares out a reminder. TTERRIBLES TOXX TTERRIBLES TOXX. I scroll past all of the cool hobby poo poo posted at LVO by people that don't like me, and cut right to the heart of the matter. HoW MaNy oF YoUr ArMiEs DiD YoU PaInT?

I slam SUBMIT REPLY as hard as I can for the first time in months, missing the joke for another year.

Man I just want to know if I need to buy olloth a thunderhawk. The one photo I saw of the almost finished blackshields was super cool.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

ijyt posted:

They turned out bad :(

Poast army

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
There are now three TerribleHawks

I hope at least one is a transporter :allears:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

I hope at least one is a transporter :allears:

Excellent to have this in writing.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Only BULBASAUR would want one of those loving things.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
It will make for cooler crashed imperial fist terrain

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

BULBASAUR posted:

It will make for cooler crashed imperial fist terrain

Especially if you model it like it was carrying containers, one of which opened on crash and spilled berets.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Heres a second video of one of the armies from ACT of Heresy at Canberra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEJn-9a9gVk

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

Only BULBASAUR would want one of those loving things.

I want one real bad. It looks so cool transporting rhinos.

xutech posted:

Heres a second video of one of the armies from ACT of Heresy at Canberra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEJn-9a9gVk

Daaamn the aussie scene looks great.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Aight here's some poorly lit photos, ended up bringing almost 2k points worth, but didn't end up using most if it. I really can';t wait to go back next year, I've got so many ideas for new forces after seeing everyone's stuff. :pcgaming:

Praevian with Castellax boyfriends, I think these were my MVPs for sure.

A 15-man Tactical Squad

A 10-man combi-plasma Veteran Squad

A 5-man Siege Tyrant Squad

A Contemptor-Cortus with multi-melta, chainfist, and meltagun along with my old Iron Havocs

My skullapalooza Praetor/Warsmith with cataphractii which I don't think I ended up using

And a group shot of the whole force. :)

ijyt fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jan 29, 2020

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

ijyt posted:

Aight here's some poorly lit photos, ended up bringing almost 2k points worth, but didn't end up using most if it. I really can';t wait to go back next year, I've got so many ideas for new forces after seeing everyone's stuff. :pcgaming:

Praevian with Castellax boyfriends, I think these were my MVPs for sure.

A 15-man Tactical Squad

A 10-man combi-plasma Veteran Squad

A Contemptor-Cortus with multi-melta, chainfist, and meltagun along with my old Iron Havocs

My skullapalooza Praetor/Warsmith with cataphractii which I don't think I ended up using

And a group shot of the whole force. :)

I love these

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Its another army that you just gotta see in person

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
drat the aussie scene is so outstanding. This guy even followed my deredeo leg conversion :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGkpcnuhb_g

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
The best part of the Aussie scene is making up your own rules.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

An iron warrior army this time from the same event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1NzvVI8Ul0

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Poastin boiz from LVO:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Major Spag posted:

Poastin boiz from LVO:

Do you have more shots of your contemptor?

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

BULBASAUR posted:

Agreed. Your whole army looks fantastic, but the contemptor was a standout.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
So I couldn’t make it to LVO this year, though I’m close, LA - but Bulbasaur and Ghazk asking for contemptor pics seems soooooo sleazy and I love it.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

drat the aussie scene is so outstanding. This guy even followed my deredeo leg conversion :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGkpcnuhb_g

The standard bearer in this one is absolutely phenomenal.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Heres some more vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?XN7lTJxR0iI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?ndsn7hwZvbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?Ll6kl1gWWnA

And some of the swag

(the cards came randomly packed and included different rarities and alternative art - my angron was the foil version - and included remembromancer character cards of local cool dudes)

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Two additional friends were made last night: a very friendly EC preator and a sneaky SoH delagatus

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Does this look along the lines of what you might expect in a ZM game?

++ Zone Mortalis - Combatant (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [1,000pts] ++

+ Elites +

Dreadnought Talon, Legion [150pts]
. Dreadnought, Legion: Extra Armour
. . Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon: Heavy Flamer
. . Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon: Heavy Flamer

The Red Butchers [275pts]: 4x Butcher Terminator, 4x Second Power Axe
. The Devoured: Second Power Axe

+ HQ +

Praetor Tribune, Legion [180pts]

+ Troops +

Assault Squad, Legion , Compulsory [250pts]: 9x Assault Space Marines, Legion
. Additional Wargear: Melta Bombs
. Assault Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol
. . Caedere Weapon: Excoriator Chainaxe
. Standard Wargear
. . Chainsword or Combat Blade: Chainswords/Combat Blades

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [145pts]: Bolters, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion
. Additional Wargear: Take an additional Chainsword, Combat Blade, Chainaxe
. Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Bolter
. . Chainsword or Combat Blade: Chainswords/Combat Blades

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: Traitor
. XII: World Eaters: Blood Madness

Rite of War

+ Use Playtest Rules +

Use Playtest Rules: Playtest Rules On

++ Total: [1,000pts] ++

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

GreenMarine posted:

Certainly reasonable. I think the main feedback I’d give is that you only need one compulsory troop choice in ZM, and praetors are kind of a points sink unless you’re doing something very deliberate with them (like salamanders giving them eternal warrior or a RoW that lets them teleport or something).

I’d consider downgrading the praetor to some kind of consul and cutting either the assault marines or tacs to take something scary, like a support squad, seekers or another dread.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Another thing you can consider is leaning heavily into your special rules and running a ton of inductii with support

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Certainly reasonable. I think the main feedback I’d give is that you only need one compulsory troop choice in ZM, and praetors are kind of a points sink unless you’re doing something very deliberate with them (like salamanders giving them eternal warrior or a RoW that lets them teleport or something).

I’d consider downgrading the praetor to some kind of consul and cutting either the assault marines or tacs to take something scary, like a support squad, seekers or another dread.

The praetor is in there since he's all painted up to look like the Red Butchers. I could turn him into a consul with a power weapon, though.

Regarding inductii, I have a squad of 20. I thought that might be a little cheesy (and hard to maneuver?). But maybe WE is a legion where no matter how hard you lean into the rules you don't really get too bad.

I'm on a trip atm, but when I get home I'll get into the slack and ask some questions there.

GreenMarine fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 1, 2020

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Yurp,

These were before I added transfers though so that's a thing.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

GreenMarine posted:

The praetor is in there since he's all painted up to look like the Red Butchers. I could turn him into a consul with a power weapon, though.

Regarding inductii, I have a squad of 20. I thought that might be a little cheesy (and hard to maneuver?). But maybe WE is a legion where no matter how hard you lean into the rules you don't really get too bad.

I'm on a trip atm, but when I get home I'll get into the slack and ask some questions there.

Make him a warmonger to save some points and as an added bonus he will grant the squad he is added to deepstrike :pcgaming:

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Famous 30k modders and gamers "The Mournival" have released their new book including new units, characters, rules and rites of war. You should totally check out the PDF and consider buying a hardback copy as well

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WZrgXOaA374H-qxKPEJxMmjFiA2bp7kg/view?usp=sharing

They're cool dudes and they have an amazing scene..

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

xutech posted:

Famous 30k modders and gamers "The Mournival" have released their new book including new units, characters, rules and rites of war. You should totally check out the PDF and consider buying a hardback copy as well

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WZrgXOaA374H-qxKPEJxMmjFiA2bp7kg/view?usp=sharing

They're cool dudes and they have an amazing scene..

Gotta say some of this doesn't seem too balanced

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

quote:

Raven Guard: Scorpius Light
+15 points per unit. Lighter subcalibre
versions of the rightly feared Scorpius bolts of
the Seeker cadres.
Bolters of Veteran, Tactical and Recon squads
gain: If the remained stationary in the preceding
movement phase, they may choose to fire their
bolters with the following profile type: Heavy 1,
To hit rolls of 6 gain AP2, excluding Snap Shots

quote:

Iron Hands: Splinter bolts
+5 points per unit. Excruciation by
innumerable splinters of barbed micro-metals.
Bolters of Infantry units ignore Feel No Pain.

quote:

Iron Warriors: Shrapnel bolts
+5 points per unit. Fiendishly designed bolts
that explode in a spray of deadly shrapnel.
Bolters of Legiones Astartes (Iron Warriors)
gain Pinning.

e: At least he nerfed the broken AF raven guard ammo

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 1, 2020

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

That SW unit’s ‘fluff’ sure is something

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
It's novel-accurate; the only thing in there I don't recognize from the novels is the bit about them training on Fenrisian megafauna.

Note that not a single watch pack did their job -- for the loyalist legions who figured out what the watch packs were actually for, it just lead to demoralization and distrust between Legions, and the traitor legions all saw through it and killed off their watch packs before they could accomplish poo poo. Good job, Malcator and Russ, your contingency planning sure saved the day!

(This whole thing is indirectly responsible for Corax loving off into the Eye of Terror instead of sticking around, too -- those Space Wolves that the birdmonster Raven Guard ended up killing were Corax's assigned watch pack, and Corax learning that some of his mutant sons killed off some fellow loyalists and then lied about it is what helped convince him he was a terminal fuckup with no place in the Imperium's future.)

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

GreenMarine posted:

One thing people are overlooking that is a huge deal, is that having both assault Marines and tacs with your Praetor will let you use the Berserker Assault RoW which is one of the strongest options WE have. Requires and extra troops choice.

It is good.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Stephenls posted:

It's novel-accurate; the only thing in there I don't recognize from the novels is the bit about them training on Fenrisian megafauna.

Note that not a single watch pack did their job -- for the loyalist legions who figured out what the watch packs were actually for, it just lead to demoralization and distrust between Legions, and the traitor legions all saw through it and killed off their watch packs before they could accomplish poo poo. Good job, Malcator and Russ, your contingency planning sure saved the day!

(This whole thing is indirectly responsible for Corax loving off into the Eye of Terror instead of sticking around, too -- those Space Wolves that the birdmonster Raven Guard ended up killing were Corax's assigned watch pack, and Corax learning that some of his mutant sons killed off some fellow loyalists and then lied about it is what helped convince him he was a terminal fuckup with no place in the Imperium's future.)

Amit of the blood angels might have accidentally murdered sang's watch pack.

Mournival rules are for the most part really bad though, I appreciate them adding things to the game though. One of the main dudes had a minor meltdown on facebook when people pointed out his bolter ammunition rules were insane and broke the game in horrible ways, he seemed to listen a little and tone some of them down after like 2 weeks of getting dragged.

Zasze fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
As a fellow Aussie I stick to FW rules and a smidge of centurion. I’m happy people are enjoying the hobby but the other stuff gives me weird vibes as self regulation in all war games seems to be rare.

Also my fists got fisted by some big rear end Daemons last weekend and I loved it!