Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I want those people to eat all the poo poo. Naturally I'm voting and giving money for a better future but goddamn is that gonna be a great side benefit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Anyone know what time the Selzer poll hits tonight?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Vox Nihili posted:

I know, and so do many others.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Vox Nihili posted:

Someone upthread mentioned 8 pm for the des moines register, maybe around then?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Mellow Seas posted:

On the other hand, Warren does things that make no loving sense, constantly.

Just gonna have to wait and see.

Nah, they make perfect sense if you realize that it's always the option she thought would advance her career the furthest.

She gave speeches to the Federalist society when it seemed like Republicans would be in power forever.

She switched to the Democratic party when she moved to MA and Clinton was a lock for reelection.

She identified as Native American when climbing the ranks of academia, but turned on Native Americam activists when it hurt her politicaly.

Every single time inconsistencies in her record perfectly align with what was the most advantageous to her personally.

Like doing the whole "unite the left" when in second.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

oxsnard posted:

For the record this unity thing from Warren may be pathetic straw grasping, but I think she supports Sanders after dropping out

I hate to say it but I think Warren and her delegates play Judas and throw the nomination to Biden (or even worse Bloomberg but I'm not blackpilled enough to predict that)

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I wonder if this is the guy whose wife left him...
https://twitter.com/rosenfeld1tmd/status/1223694304452993024?s=21

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

icantfindaname posted:

I hate to say it but I think Warren and her delegates play Judas and throw the nomination to Biden (or even worse Bloomberg but I'm not blackpilled enough to predict that)

Even if she does, supporters aren't required to do as she says.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

It's the same drat haircut and sweater.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I thought it was well established that Bernie is the candidate to support if you want to marry them.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Madonna is doing improv comedy during her shows now, so comedians have to be everywhere no matter what doing their terrible sets so they can get a bump on twitter ,and then it turns out they're loving chuds.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/rosenfeld1tmd/status/1223694304452993024?s=21
https://twitter.com/TPCarney/status/1223659317364187136
Yeah that's the same dude.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

joepinetree posted:

She switched to the Democratic party when she moved to MA and Clinton was a lock for reelection.

Like, I understand your other points, but not this one. What’s the implication here, and where’s the link between her moving to MA, changing her registration, and Clinton (I’m assuming Bill, not Hillary, given the timeline?) being a lock for re-election?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Solkanar512 posted:

Even if she does, supporters aren't required to do as she says.

The one minor upside to this would be that it would at least teach an important lesson to many people, albeit in the worst way possible.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

generic one posted:

Like, I understand your other points, but not this one. What’s the implication here, and where’s the link between her moving to MA, changing her registration, and Clinton (I’m assuming Bill, not Hillary, given the timeline?) being a lock for re-election?

MA was/is a very Democratic state and there was no downside to switching under a very popular Democratic president

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/KamalaNation/status/1223475430675496960?s=20

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Not gonna lie I’m getting really nervous about Iowa. At first I’m thinking that Bernie has it in the bag but now I’m wondering if all the olds are gonna panic and go Biden or Warren at the last minute because of this stupid electability argument.
I’m seriously fed up with it. It’s dumb there’s no electability for these idiots. Anyone who spends 5 minutes watching Biden can see he’s offering nothing to nobody. Who the gently caress takes an hour of their day to enthusiastically support this clown?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Kraftwerk posted:

Not gonna lie I’m getting really nervous about Iowa. At first I’m thinking that Bernie has it in the bag but now I’m wondering if all the olds are gonna panic and go Biden or Warren at the last minute because of this stupid electability argument.
I’m seriously fed up with it. It’s dumb there’s no electability for these idiots. Anyone who spends 5 minutes watching Biden can see he’s offering nothing to nobody. Who the gently caress takes an hour of their day to enthusiastically support this clown?

Make some calls if you're worried. No use trying to read the tea leaves.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Exact same clothes too. Holy crap, they didn't even try. Pathetic.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I wonder how much the DNC paid him for these stunts? Or did he just do it for the exposure?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

generic one posted:

I assume the larger point is that Clinton’s re-election signified a resurgence of the Democratic Party on the national stage, so she moved to MA (a Democratic stronghold) to take advantage of that.

Not agreeing or disagreeing with that but I understood their point.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

icantfindaname posted:

Quoted for truth

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

goethe.cx posted:

MA was/is a very Democratic state and there was no downside to switching under a very popular Democratic president

Ok, and then? Move away from a lovely regressive state to a place more progressive, change your registration... like, I get why she’s a bad candidate, and those other complaints are valid, but I’m not sure why that point was brought up at all. That’s like an every day thing, and I’m not sure what it has to do with Bill being re-elected, unless the implication is that she was anticipating running for Congress in that state 10 - 15 years later. Which, you know, is probably taking precognition a bit too seriously.

edit:

Mahoning posted:

I assume the larger point is that Clinton’s re-election signified a resurgence of the Democratic Party on the national stage, so she moved to MA (a Democratic stronghold) to take advantage of that.

Not agreeing or disagreeing with that but I understood their point.

Like I replied above. It’s a pretty big leap to suggest that was strategy to jump in the game decades later. I don’t think anyone has that kind of foresight.

generic one fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 1, 2020

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Kawalimus posted:

Exact same clothes too. Holy crap, they didn't even try. Pathetic.

To be honest he really could just be some weird, pitiful dude who's trying to get life advice from the worst possible people on earth. That said, I can easily see it.

Biden: "Look at this loser. gently caress you loser boy, you suck. Me tough, me witty, ooga booga vote 30330"

Warren: "Poor incel bro got lost on his way to the Bernie convention. Pity him!"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Warren became a Democrat because she realized the GOP went totally insane and the Democrats were the more responsible capitalists.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Groovelord Neato posted:

Warren became a Democrat because she realized the GOP went totally insane and the Democrats were the more responsible capitalists.

That’s a much more reasonable explanation than anything else.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Feldegast42 posted:

Quoted for truth

Any kingmaker scenario like this would tear the party apart. A contested convention would be a disaster for the Democratic party.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

generic one posted:

That’s a much more reasonable explanation than anything else.

To be clear, it's specifically their relationship with the economy that she had a problem with. All the racism, homophobia, sexism? Not worth caring about for 1995 Elizabeth Warren.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

King of Solomon posted:

I don't know if that's how it's used elsewhere, but that's definitely not how Succ is used on SA. Generally speaking, people on SA using succ are talking about centrists and Democratic establishment types, as well as donut twitter or khive assholes. So succdems are people like Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Kamala Harris, etc., but also people like that loving horse.

Ah, I've mostly seen it (off SA) to use it to refer to people to their left, so like the DSA and Jacobin and groups like that, who have "betrayed the revolution" and that sort of thing.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Groovelord Neato posted:

She says that but I think it's as likely that she was worried about being professionally or personally ostracized for being a Republican in MA. Some people like playing the outsider but Warren very clearly does not. Her switching parties right when the Dems were ascendant and when she moved somewhere that was heavily Dem fits with that.

But she definitely wasn't playing the long game and setting up for her Senate run a decade plus later. If we've learned anything about Warren over the past year it's that she lacks any foresight whatsoever.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

King of Solomon posted:

To be clear, it's specifically their relationship with the economy that she had a problem with. All the racism, homophobia, sexism? Not worth caring about for 1995 Elizabeth Warren.

Uh... I hate to break it to you, but the Dems weren’t so hot on those issues in the 90s, either. Both parties were virtually identical on social issues back then. It was a pretty small segment of the left wing that actually cared about that stuff at the time.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Paradoxish posted:

Any kingmaker scenario like this would tear the party apart. A contested convention would be a disaster for the Democratic party.

They keep their wealth and all they lose is a political gig they treat as a hobby anyway.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

People who work marginally in the public have to be registered with the predominant party in that area to advance. I used to work for a public defenders office in FL, and the higher ups were registered R despite the fact that their beliefs and voting history made them dems. So I totally can understand moving to MA and switching parties being a career thing rather than an honest change of opinion. Or maybe being an R in OK was the lie. Either way or does fit the narrative of shameless social climber, especially when paired with the NA lie.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

generic one posted:

Uh... I hate to break it to you, but the Dems weren’t so hot on those issues in the 90s, either. Both parties were virtually identical on social issues back then. It was a pretty small segment of the left wing that actually cared about that stuff at the time.

you know, would it shock you to hear there's one candidate in this race who actually was not identical and thus should be the only choice for those of us who are worried about dems selling us out to make deals and poo poo?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Paradoxish posted:

yeah, even "bernie goes in with 40 and warren at 25 or whatever, bernie wins second ballot" isn't ideal, if only because it leads to fightin' about whether bernie gave away too much / not enough for his coronation

but it beats the heck out of Bernie going in with a strong plurality and then losing

for that matter, if it's somehow Biden or somebody that starts with a strong plurality and manages to lose to a Bernie coalition, that's good news from a policy perspective but probably not great for the 2020 general

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I'm super, super curious how the second-choice stuff shakes out in the Iowa caucuses, that's going to be pretty informative and hopefully somewhat generalizable to other supporters of [candidate]

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

sexpig by night posted:

you know, would it shock you to hear there's one candidate in this race who actually was not identical and thus should be the only choice for those of us who are worried about dems selling us out to make deals and poo poo?

Guess it’s a good thing I support Bernie Sanders? Doesn’t discount my point, though.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'm super, super curious how the second-choice stuff shakes out in the Iowa caucuses, that's going to be pretty informative and hopefully somewhat generalizable to other supporters of [candidate]

One thing is certain, there will be a lot of Data. Fun for all kinds of folks.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Facebook has been depressing the hell out of me recently and it's not even the chuds anymore. I've brought this up before, but my wife comes from an upper middle class Jewish family so I interact with some friends of friends now and again. Today I had a Trump Hating Liberal Jewish lawyer casually drop "so-called Palestinians" in an attempt to justify their government's violence. I looked him up and sure enough he's the head of the Democratic committee in a very large US city.

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

oxsnard posted:

Facebook has been depressing the hell out of me recently and it's not even the chuds anymore. I've brought this up before, but my wife comes from an upper middle class Jewish family so I interact with some friends of friends now and again. Today I had a Trump Hating Liberal Jewish lawyer casually drop "so-called Palestinians" in an attempt to justify their government's violence. I looked him up and sure enough he's the head of the Democratic committee in a very large US city.

gently caress