Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

thotsky posted:

I hope you are right, but my experience is that liberals only profess to be pragmatic and without ideology as long as there is no credible threat from the left.
Never underestimate the liberal fear of rocking the boat and losing their job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Hillary dead-enders having a good one today

https://twitter.com/jkfecke/status/1223633181053767681

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I snark because I care.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/dril_gpt2/status/1221750499688550406

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Liberals will 100% sabotage everything and split the party.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

*chefs kiss*

https://twitter.com/shannoncoulter/status/1223116171072790528?s=19

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

donald is hilarious

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

https://twitter.com/MarkFromTheDark/status/1223285315277860867?s=20

Simpin ain't easy

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Bookstores are men because you penetrate into them and yet rarely cum update your stats simp

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

T-man posted:

Bookstores are men because you penetrate into them and yet rarely cum update your stats simp

ursula :ok: le guin

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
The real worst case scenario is: Biden winning a lot. And then beating Trump. Those are the events most likely to produce True Fascism and Climate Apocalypse, at least as far as this election goes. Bernie getting the nom and then getting beaten by Trump would also be pretty bad.

porfiria fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 1, 2020

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bernie getting mcgovern'd is by far the worst-case

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol I tried to google the iowa state fair documentary so I could buy it but the pirate links outrank the page where you can buy it

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Some of the liberals will flip either because of cynical realpolitik reasons or because they genuinely think that Bernie's vision is the best way forward. Peter Daou is a very good example of what these defectors will look like.

Of course there will still be those who will fight tooth and nail to preserve the status quo but if they fail to rally together as a single faction or a large enough group of the liberals break off and join up with Bernie then they have no hope.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

PostNouveau posted:

lol I tried to google the iowa state fair documentary so I could buy it but the pirate links outrank the page where you can buy it

is their Vimeo still suspended?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

AnEdgelord posted:

Some of the liberals will flip either because of cynical realpolitik reasons or because they genuinely think that Bernie's vision is the best way forward. Peter Daou is a very good example of what these defectors will look like.

Of course there will still be those who will fight tooth and nail to preserve the status quo but if they fail to rally together as a single faction or a large enough group of the liberals break off and join up with Bernie then they have no hope.
Neera won't have a job if Bernie wins so she will never stop

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

PostNouveau posted:

folks, that's praxis

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

AnEdgelord posted:

A few will, but most won't. We have to try, and i sure as hell am, but realistically Bernie is gonna get hosed, and most people will not be reached enough to truly enact his theory of change. Most likely we are utterly hosed. Trump is gonna win.

But we have to fight the long defeat, because to do otherwise is cowardice.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

drat

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

A few will, but most won't. We have to try, and i sure as hell am, but realistically Bernie is gonna get hosed, and most people will not be reached enough to truly enact his theory of change. Most likely we are utterly hosed. Trump is gonna win.

But we have to fight the long defeat, because to do otherwise is cowardice.

shut up

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

I think the boys are a bit carried away re Bloomberg

If/when he begins to gain traction all the tax return/racism/telling employees to have abortions stuff will surely see him crash and burn

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1223791560736854021
https://twitter.com/JucheMane/status/1223793848331141121
https://twitter.com/alexnpress/status/1223795749768638466
https://twitter.com/250in2018/status/1223790830785351680

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Brown Paper Bag posted:

I think the boys are a bit carried away re Bloomberg

If/when he begins to gain traction all the tax return/racism/telling employees to have abortions stuff will surely see him crash and burn

Yeah I honestly think they've taken their best shots as far as legitimately beating Bernie and failed. They're certainly gonna try to ratfuck him and maybe succeed, but I don't see him taking a real electoral loss.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Bloomberg getting any burn as a serious threat is mystifying to me.

Even Galaxy brain libs who think "We need a billionaire to beat a billionaire" realize that all he has in common with Trump is being wealthy to a vulgar degree, associated with New York, and racist.

He has no charisma, cannot do public speeches, and somehow has the tiniest number of actual supporters of any NYC Mayor who has ran in this primary.

His strategy of buying every vote he can and getting a freeze on any negative pub in mass media only gets him started. He can't even fake relatability like Trump.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

I dunno, for a whole lot of less-engaged libs this is going to be entirely about voting out Trump. My mom apparently thinks Bloomberg is the "most presidential" and I'm starting to wonder if that isn't a normal people opinion? Biden's still the frontrunner for most of them I'm sure, but Bloomberg has name recognition too and a lack of negative press to associate with that might go a long way.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

bloomberg can't utilize the magic of cinema like tom cruise can to hide that he's 4 feet tall. a short man cannot be president

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

porfiria posted:

The real worst case scenario is: Biden winning a lot. And then beating Trump. Those are the events most likely to produce True Fascism and Climate Apocalypse, at least as far as this election goes. Bernie getting the nom and then getting beaten by Trump would also be pretty bad.

as long as we go to alternate Firelink and get the Eyes of the Firekeeper, we can still get The End of Flame.

crepeface fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 2, 2020

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

sleeptalker posted:

I dunno, for a whole lot of less-engaged libs this is going to be entirely about voting out Trump. My mom apparently thinks Bloomberg is the "most presidential" and I'm starting to wonder if that isn't a normal people opinion? Biden's still the frontrunner for most of them I'm sure, but Bloomberg has name recognition too and a lack of negative press to associate with that might go a long way.

Not a chance. He's got zero hope of beating Trump in a general.

Which is good, because he's one of the two Democrats running (Biden) who would be manifestly worse presidents than 4 more years of Trump.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Not a chance. He's got zero hope of beating Trump in a general.

It would be the guy who brings his big strong handsome friends to gorge in fast food vs the guy who wants to take away your soda.

Lmao thinking Bloomberg could beat Trump.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

THS posted:

bloomberg can't utilize the magic of cinema like tom cruise can to hide that he's 4 feet tall. a short man cannot be president

This might be useful info, thanks.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Ya'll are forgetting the fact that we live in a post-Trump world, all your "he'll never be $x" is as well founded as all the DNC dipshits who ironically supported Don

nothing is certain or provable until it's already happened, preferably two or more decades afterwards if you really want to be sure

truth is as dead

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bloomberg's a manlet he has no chance.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

Bloomberg's a manlet he has no chance.

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1223973472554176514?s=09

Lmao

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012