Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

really want to post that as a reply, but I think I'll probably pass

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

oxsnard posted:

really want to post that as a reply, but I think I'll probably pass

You should post it, if only because Israel's doing things right now that deserve a bit more than snarky one-off comics.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

oxsnard posted:

Facebook has been depressing the hell out of me recently and it's not even the chuds anymore. I've brought this up before, but my wife comes from an upper middle class Jewish family so I interact with some friends of friends now and again. Today I had a Trump Hating Liberal Jewish lawyer casually drop "so-called Palestinians" in an attempt to justify their government's violence. I looked him up and sure enough he's the head of the Democratic committee in a very large US city.

gently caress

Just...delete your Facebook. Seriously man it's fuckin 2020 here, Facebook isn't even real lmao

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Rad Russian posted:

Based on reddit comments from people on the ground in Iowa, they seem really concerned heading into the weekend and are targeting Warren voters more now. Seems like progressive leaning voters they talk to are now going back to her because she's more "electable". The Senate voting not to call witnesses for Trump trial seems to have helped the narrative that we need someone electable ASAP to beat Trump. The fear now is that Butt and Sanders under-perform past polling while Biden and Warren over-perform. Warren is seizing on this development in the Senate with "Unite the Party" ads and Biden with his "we can't take a risk now" campaign. Hopefully next 3 days make a difference to combat this BS.

I looked on Bernie's subreddit and don't see any comments like that. Where are you seeing them?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Holy poo poo, don't dox my 20s.

I cannot describe the amount of outright brainwashing that many Jews, myself included, undergo at a very young age to support Israel. In kindergarten, we were taught to sing the Israeli national anthem in Hebrew. Note that since nobody knew any actual Hebrew yet, we really learned several minutes of chanting a bunch of precise and weird syllables which we assumed meant something. To this day, I still have no loving clue what I was saying, but I still remember many of those seemingly random noises.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/SteveGuest/status/1223741446404091904

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Thoguh posted:

I looked on Bernie's subreddit and don't see any comments like that. Where are you seeing them?

it's much easier to search warrens subreddit (because there are barely any posters). They freak out over every tiny thing and this is all i could find:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElizabethWarren/comments/ex1lyu/to_iowans_how_is_the_current_ground_game_and/

It's nothing and op is full of poo poo

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
goddamit

they are very mad about this cartoon

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Balloons filled with poison gas LMAO

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Delete your Facebook account. I promise you it'll be better for your mental health.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Thoguh posted:

There are multiple comment threads discussing current calls and door knocking feedback and what they're seeing. Again could be BS, but it seems the campaign is trying to counter-act the Warren and Biden seizing on the Senate debacle as an electability message in all their advertising.

What's frustrating still is a lot of voters for whom healthcare is the top concern consider Warren and Sanders policies to be equal, and they are not informed about any other issues. For those types of voters electability might resonate. This is where having a peace pact with Warren might be hurting as her other stances need to be attacked. We'll see what happens in a few days.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

These loving people say Bernie sorters are the ones in a cult

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder how high turnout will be in Iowa compared to 2016.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Grouchio posted:

I wonder how high turnout will be in Iowa compared to 2016.

It will be high but that won't really mean anything as everyone on all sides will be hyped up to caucus. It might actually hurt Bernie as his supporters enthusiasm will be offset by all the succ showing up as well.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

oxsnard posted:

they are very mad about this cartoon

Netanyahu gave the Jewish KKK a return to political power not even a year ago, they can suck on it

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
That woman is melting the gently caress down in my mentions now. I'm waiting for her to cite some phrenology for this circle to complete before I block her

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Holy poo poo, don't dox my 20s.

I cannot describe the amount of outright brainwashing that many Jews, myself included, undergo at a very young age to support Israel. In kindergarten, we were taught to sing the Israeli national anthem in Hebrew. Note that since nobody knew any actual Hebrew yet, we really learned several minutes of chanting a bunch of precise and weird syllables which we assumed meant something. To this day, I still have no loving clue what I was saying, but I still remember many of those seemingly random noises.

It's amazing how many of us Jews can read Hebrew and have no loving clue what any of it means.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

oxsnard posted:

That woman is melting the gently caress down in my mentions now. I'm waiting for her to cite some phrenology for this circle to complete before I block her

When people believe in something, they take it as an attack on them to be proven wrong or even disagreed with. The number of secular and even liberal Jews who turn into race scientists and embrace genocide whenever the occupation comes up really shows how vulnerable to that tendency we all are.

I don’t know how to counter it.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Now I need Mexico to up their loving game and start sending murder balloons.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Rad Russian posted:

There are multiple comment threads discussing current calls and door knocking feedback and what they're seeing. Again could be BS, but it seems the campaign is trying to counter-act the Warren and Biden seizing on the Senate debacle as an electability message in all their advertising.

What's frustrating still is a lot of voters for whom healthcare is the top concern consider Warren and Sanders policies to be equal, and they are not informed about any other issues. For those types of voters electability might resonate. This is where having a peace pact with Warren might be hurting as her other stances need to be attacked. We'll see what happens in a few days.

Can you link to one of them because I am not finding any of these threads.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Now I need Mexico to up their loving game and start sending murder balloons.

That's Japan's game, we've still got another 20ish years before it's public domain.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

John Wick of Dogs posted:

These loving people say Bernie sorters are the ones in a cult

This guy also trolled a Biden event. It's not clear if someone is paying him or if this is just his idea of a good time.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Washington state poll:

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1223760585684373509?s=20

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

18-34: Bernie 40% Biden 17%
35-49: Bernie 18% Biden 17%
50-64: Bernie 23% Biden 22%
65+: Bernie 26% Biden 27%

Folks, the washington Olds are less bad than other Olds.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It's a sign

https://twitter.com/nkulw/status/1223758722566184960

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

reignonyourparade posted:

18-34: Bernie 40% Biden 17%
35-49: Bernie 18% Biden 17%
50-64: Bernie 23% Biden 22%
65+: Bernie 26% Biden 27%

Folks, the washington Olds are less bad than other Olds.

Check the other crosstabs, too. Bernie's West Coast coalition is insanely diverse.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

generic one posted:

Ok, and then? Move away from a lovely regressive state to a place more progressive, change your registration... like, I get why she’s a bad candidate, and those other complaints are valid, but I’m not sure why that point was brought up at all. That’s like an every day thing, and I’m not sure what it has to do with Bill being re-elected, unless the implication is that she was anticipating running for Congress in that state 10 - 15 years later. Which, you know, is probably taking precognition a bit too seriously.

edit:

Like I replied above. It’s a pretty big leap to suggest that was strategy to jump in the game decades later. I don’t think anyone has that kind of foresight.

You do realize that there are other positions other than congress, right? Such as, i don't know, the judiciary? Something that, as a faculty member of Harvard law, she'd be on a lot of short lists for?

She was such s hard core republican that in 1991 she was giving speeches to the Federalist society, also known as the farm system for republican judiciary appointments.

Then, as soon as she moves to a deep blue state and democrats are poised to control the presidency for a while she's suddenly not a republican anymore. Do i think she foresaw running for Senate? No. Do i think she realized a Federalist type law professor was never going to get an appointment at the state or federal level in MA under Clinton? In an era where blue slips still meant something? Absolutely. Her explanation as to why 1996, not 94, not 92 makes no sense.

joepinetree fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 2, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/shujaxhaider/status/1223616930562609153?s=20

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Holy poo poo I'm loving dying laughing at this

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Is anyone watching the Des Moines Register poll that's being streamed at 8 CST?

https://features.desmoinesregister.com/news/politics/iowa-caucuses/final-iowa-poll-results/

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

https://features.desmoinesregister.com/news/politics/iowa-caucuses/final-iowa-poll-results/

Well I am now.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Cpt_Obvious posted:

No because someone will post the poll results on Twitter half a second after they are released so I'm not gonna watch an indeterminate amount of fart huffing first.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
https://twitter.com/CANCEL_SAM/status/1223425763015319552?s=20

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Thoguh posted:

No because someone will post the poll results on Twitter half a second after they are released so I'm not gonna watch an indeterminate amount of fart huffing first.

Personally, I want to see Chris Cuomo eat a pile of poo poo live on television, but that's my prerogative.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Huge Bernie crowd.

https://twitter.com/adamkelsey/status/1223770716308418563

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
crossposting from cspam bernie thread because dickbernie is what we all need in our lives

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

crossposting from cspam bernie thread because dickbernie is what we all need in our lives

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

That's pretty impressive! I'm getting some good vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/1223783917305638912