Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Charlz Guybon posted:

You're underestimating the scale of such an operation.

Yeah I guess I am. I just find the idea of keeping 50 million people on lockdown long term hellishly scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Bout to hop on some sealed metal cans in the sky tomorrow. Feeling positive about it right now. Positive for dat corona virus test ayyyyyyyyy

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I’ve never had a flu shot. I’m person #1 or whatever

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Son of Rodney posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and say that everybody is extremely dumb about literally everything, and also state that on the list of people to make fun of emts should be bottom 5 because these people do one of the worst job on the planet and we all should be goddamn thankful that they do.

So true and for poo poo pay too

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
The place where I work offers extremely cheap flu shots (cost of a cheap lunch) every year and those who don't take it are convinced that if you do, you waive your rights to sick days no matter what.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Injecting people with ur special serum must be the best job

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Virigoth posted:

Bout to hop on some sealed metal cans in the sky tomorrow. Feeling positive about it right now. Positive for dat corona virus test ayyyyyyyyy

:same:

Flying to Indonesia by way of Taiwan.

I’ve got an N99 mask and medical grade alcohol wipes for the plane though which is about the best you could possibly do short of a fuckin hazmat suit.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

toggle posted:

Injecting people with ur special serum must be the best job

That’s what I do to your mom every Thursday night.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

School Nickname posted:

The place where I work offers extremely cheap flu shots (cost of a cheap lunch) every year and those who don't take it are convinced that if you do, you waive your rights to sick days no matter what.

what does "are convinced" mean here?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

MarcusSA posted:

:same:

Flying to Indonesia by way of Taiwan.

I’ve got an N99 mask and medical grade alcohol wipes for the plane though which is about the best you could possibly do short of a fuckin hazmat suit.

It's droplet transmission, so keep your eyes shut.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Burt Sexual posted:

I got my first one this year and promptly developed a non-influenza lung infection that’s still going strong two months later.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

slap me and kiss me posted:

It's droplet transmission, so keep your eyes shut.

Brb ordering a face shield from amazon.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Get the goggles from highschool science class

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
They're actually available and everything. Nitrile gloves, all that poo poo. Just the masks in shortage

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Just remember how newman bought it in jurassic park. Cover all those parts.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Rinkles posted:

what does "are convinced" mean here?

That they're right, of course.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Lazyhound posted:

I got my first one this year and promptly developed a non-influenza lung infection that’s still going strong two months later.

your bloodline is weak and history will forget you

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1223798594198740997

https://twitter.com/WHOPhilippines/status/1223797298477424641

Charlz Guybon fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 2, 2020

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lazyhound posted:

So it’s unrelated? I’m no anti vax just didn’t get it much. I’m hygienic I guess

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Burt Sexual posted:

So it’s unrelated?

i guess it could've weakened their immune system enough to be vulnerable to the other infection?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Today I had someone tell me about the nanites in the flu shots that can be activated at any time. Apparently it's all on youtube with millions of individuals testifying.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

VikingSkull posted:

I'm beginning to buy into the theory that they can only test ~2,000 people a day

Like, aren't all disease...spreads, vectors, what's the right word here? Disease...number of sick increases...past a certain number of people, and given our modern society, once a disease starts spreading to urban areas, let alone multiple ones, let alone via air travel...once it gets to a certain point, aren't all epidemics these days, like, kind of exponential, to a degree? The only question is, how exponential.

This is literally just a flat addition of 1500 to 2000 people per day. Diseases don't spread like this, I was lead to believe. It just isn't how it works. So instead, it really just looks like 'the number of people China can test per day given the amount of equipment they have to perform the testing'.

So...yeah...that nobody in an official capacity has really pointed this out yet, that's something I find almost as concerning as everything else put together, because if all of them are going to stay silent on this very alarming conclusion...it doesn't give me a lot of confidence about things changing to actually cope with the real numbers before it completely spirals out of control.

It's very scary.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
This seems ominous

https://mobile.twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1223782872819142656

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Like, aren't all disease...spreads, vectors, what's the right word here? Disease...number of sick increases...past a certain number of people, and given our modern society, once a disease starts spreading to urban areas, let alone multiple ones, let alone via air travel...once it gets to a certain point, aren't all epidemics these days, like, kind of exponential, to a degree? The only question is, how exponential.

This is literally just a flat addition of 1500 to 2000 people per day. Diseases don't spread like this, I was lead to believe. It just isn't how it works. So instead, it really just looks like 'the number of people China can test per day given the amount of equipment they have to perform the testing'.

So...yeah...that nobody in an official capacity has really pointed this out yet, that's something I find almost as concerning as everything else put together, because if all of them are going to stay silent on this very alarming conclusion...it doesn't give me a lot of confidence about things changing to actually cope with the real numbers before it completely spirals out of control.

It's very scary.

Well, they did add 2500 people today.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
There is the disease, then there is the paper that certifies someone has the disease. In all bureaucracy this is treated the same, but it's really not

It's not, like, a premeditated thing, it's just that 99% of bureaucracy is covering your rear end

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

wait

is this zombies now

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
that's like super not normal

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I'm coming back as a boomer after I die, what ya'll gonna respawn as?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'm coming back as a boomer after I die, what ya'll gonna respawn as?

a blue lobster

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Rinkles posted:

2,000 new cases, not great, not terrible

3.6% fatality rate, not great, not terrible.

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum

EimiYoshikawa posted:

The head of the WHO Emergencies Program has stated in an interview that china has a backlog of tests and epidemiologist's are producing models which are predicts much higher number of current cases than reported. For example look at https://www.thelancet.com/lancet/article/nowcasting-and-forecasting for what actual experts think the number of cases may be.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

VikingSkull posted:

that's like super not normal

aren't most people cremated in china in general?

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Burt Sexual posted:

Needle phobia or anti-vaxxer?

Or wildcard: you are the type to kinda hope you get to give a baby or elderly the flu and they die?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Bip Roberts posted:

aren't most people cremated in china in general?

about half are if the internet is to be believed, and they aren't mandated by the government

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I don't understand why they would order mandatory cremations. This isn't ebola or something.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
well thats one way to deal with a lotta dead bodies

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

OMFG FURRY posted:

well thats one way to deal with a lotta dead bodies

Smoke em' if ya Got Em'

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
A guy just escaped quarantine and is livestreaming it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzmbiUyu7eo

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don't understand why they would order mandatory cremations. This isn't ebola or something.

Maybe it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

MorrisBae posted:

A guy just escaped quarantine and is livestreaming it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzmbiUyu7eo

Lol CIA virus vector gonna destroy Putin.