Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Mr. Dick posted:

Somewhen there in an an achewood where Ray tries to deconstruct the concept of nacho and Beef states that the result is not a nacho but a cold tortilla chip topped with a tore up piece of nasty cold american cheese.

Teodor. http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02112009

Also notable for Ray seeing if he has a bottle of Blue Label in his hand.

he does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

"The Johnnie Walker website" posted:

Johnnie Walker Blue Label is inspired by Alexander Walker’s 1867 Old Highland Whisky. It was at the forefront of an era when fewer casks were available and quality cask selection was in its infancy.

So a $200 bottle of whiskey that is meant to taste like whiskey brewed on limited equipment by people who don't really know what they are doing. If you put a pair of sunglasses on that, it is Ray.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Deathlove posted:

he does

I went forward one strip and was reminded that Beef once made Molly wear human ears in bed

This was not a visual I needed

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Deathlove posted:

he does

gently caress I love that strip so much, if you are going to introduce someone to what Achewood humor is like, that is about as perfect a strip as you can get.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Erebus posted:

I went forward one strip and was reminded that Beef once made Molly wear human ears in bed

However Beef's stomach wanting to know if Showbiz is doing okay is very :3:

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Erebus posted:

DRACULA AINT GOT MUCH MONEY THIS WEEK

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Erebus posted:

Often, when I drink a glass of water, I think "I dig on some plain water."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Seldom Posts posted:

Often, when I drink a glass of water, I think "I dig on some plain water."

I get VERY nice on this stuff.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Seldom Posts posted:

LN's trip to Wales led to the Nachos strip, which is one of the greatest achewoods.

https://achewood.com/index.php?date=05042009

BUGGER the constabulary! ROGER them like sheep!

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

However Beef's stomach wanting to know if Showbiz is doing okay is very :3:

This strip led me to a 30-minute wikipedia hole looking up fletcherizing and let me tell you, it was not an interesting food fad.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Of things I would have expected someone to go overboard and form a fad diet around, "chewing you food thoroughly" was not one of them.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
how it is going today

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Halloween Jack posted:

how it is going today

This is not the threat Lil Nephew thinks it is.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Deathlove posted:

he does

I just noticed the time stamp on the first panel

T schlepped over to Ray’s place at one o’ clock in the drat morning without calling

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Actually, the Tabasco destroys all the other flavors, just like with every food item it touches.

(A friend shared some Blue Label last weekend. It was pretty good stuff.)

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Oxxidation posted:

T schlepped over to Ray’s place at one o’ clock in the drat morning without calling

Yeah well, the odds are pretty good he would be up anyway.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Johnny Aztec posted:

Yeah well, the odds are pretty good he would be up anyway.

T was holding and couldn't sleep, so he wanted some j company

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hypnobeard posted:

This is not the threat Lil Nephew thinks it is.

Still love that Ray didn't notice for like a year that Lil' Nephew had disappeared entirely.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

bony tony posted:

T was holding and couldn't sleep, so he wanted some j company

Pretty sure the appropriate time to do that with Ray is anytime o'clock.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ray has a crush on being high pass it on

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

Oxxidation posted:

I remember how before cell phones dropping by to see a good friend unannounced was a normal thing to do. Kind of miss it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

tripwood posted:

I remember how before cell phones dropping by to see a good friend unannounced was a normal thing to do. Kind of miss it.

Now people get mad when you call them to hear their voice instead of just texting them. Itt we are a bunch of boomers.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m the kind of person who really had to learn how to translate their personality into text because it’s very hard to be sarcastic in texts without just looking you’re being mean

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

A.o.D. posted:

Now people get mad when you call them to hear their voice instead of just texting them. Itt we are a bunch of boomers.

Like beef, we are not dudes of noises.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

A.o.D. posted:

Nah, college students love unnecessary face-to-face meetings, preferably with the wrong person. The kids are lonely.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m the kind of person who really had to learn how to translate their personality into text because it’s very hard to be sarcastic in texts without just looking you’re being mean
We all put so much drat time into learning how to be fake mean that now we all act like we're real mean. Dammit!!

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

Does anyone have a link to that fan comic where the cats are old with kids and reminiscing about old times?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Eyespy posted:

Does anyone have a link to that fan comic where the cats are old with kids and reminiscing about old times?

The cornelius’s funeral one? I think I can dig it up, posting this so I can try to grab it from my posts in this thread button.

E:Nope, thought I quoted it or a post talking about it a few years ago but I did not.

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jan 29, 2020

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.
gently caress Circumstances.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I like that.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I cant believe Molly and Beef would move to my city

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Ask them if they have stairs in their house.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

That is awesome but the artist uses little 2s for lowercase As and well, I am left like Ricky Nihoha when the special bean salad is eaten by one squirrel three van meetings running.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

Thanks.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
So this is going to be a thing
https://www.amazon.com/Achewood-Complete-Canon-Chris-Onstad/dp/1620107546/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=chris+onstad&qid=1580620635&sr=8-1

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's a pretty loving good price I have to say.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

June 04 is around about Beef and Molly going back to earth, that's a good chunk of Achewood right there. At that rate I guess the full collection will be four or five volumes?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Looking at my bookshelf, even though I’ve never really thought about before, I’d put Achewood on or just below the same level as Calvin & Hobbes or Bloom County in terms of “timeless classics I will pull off the shelf and read forever”.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Looks like it's being published by Oni Press. Their website has links to several retailers, if you don't like giving money to Amazon: https://onipress.com/pages/achewood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

ColdPie posted:

Looks like it's being published by Oni Press. Their website has links to several retailers, if you don't like giving money to Amazon: https://onipress.com/pages/achewood

Indiebound/local pickup it is 🥳

It looks good!!