Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Lmao I just remembered that Hawks doesn't know poo poo about Endeavors history as a domestic abuser and is currently paling around with a guy who is very possibly Endeavors mutilated son, that revelation is gonna come up at just the right time to totally gently caress Hawks AND Endeavor at once isn't it

I hope that the real twist is that Geten is actually Toya, and that Dabi was just his friend or something. God, Dabi is so lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mraagvpeine posted:

If Twice did clone a Hero, how would they figure out which is the real one? What would they do with the copy?
Do the Lemillion manuever and punch them in the gut? See if they dissolve.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

SKULL.GIF posted:

I know it's ambiguous -- Shigaraki certainly seems to think so, in his retrospect on the events -- but my understanding was that the only actual, deliberate murder Tenko performed was on his father.

I mean, the intent doesn't really matter in terms of "horrible gore that Horikoshi is willing to stomach doing on-panel" because you really can't go much farther than "collapsing a little girl into chunks of meat", accident or no.

"Brutally manslaughter"?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Chapter's up on Mangaplus. Last page is great.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

New Chapter!

GuyUpNorth posted:

Chapter's up on Mangaplus. Last page is great.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Chainsawman spotted on page 6!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Also an interesting note, the doctor is seemingly quirkless, though that might just be a lie used on his official records.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rhonne posted:

Also an interesting note, the doctor is seemingly quirkless, though that might just be a lie used on his official records.

Since the amount of quirk users increased with successive generations I assume the older people are more likely to be quirkless.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

RatHat posted:

Since the amount of quirk users increased with successive generations I assume the older people are more likely to be quirkless.

True, but this is also the guy who worked directly with All For One and created the nomu, so I wouldn't be shocked if he secretly did pick up a quirk of his own somewhere along the line.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Daruma, Maruta... heh.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

RatHat posted:

Can't believe he's transformed this early, what a waste of blood.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Such a great chapter.
Angry Miruko storming the compound. Chin guy freaking out. All the students jumping into action.
Can't wait for next week.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I wonder why the heroes hand-picked Kaminari, Tokoyami, Mushroom girl and Tamaki for that part of the raid.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Junpei posted:

I wonder why the heroes hand-picked Kaminari, Tokoyami, Mushroom girl and Tamaki for that part of the raid.

Mushroom Girl can murder any number of enemies at once, she's a strong pick.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Mystic Mongol posted:

Mushroom Girl can murder any number of enemies at once, she's a strong pick.

Yeah, but Kaminari is more of a nuke than an extended battler. One big ZAP and he's too dumb to fight. Wouldn't be surprised if they needed him for something specific.

Also, remember: No plan survives contact with the enemy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Junpei posted:

Also Juzo the Mudman.

Also it appears that Endeavor got the new House for Rei.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

kaminari, shroom girl and mudman have very useful quirks for locking down large areas quickly, and tokoyami and tamaki both hit like a truck in ways that are a little harder to counter than "punch good".

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:munch:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ya know, I'm waiting for Toadette to be inexplicably nerfed and easily countered

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Honestly this was a stressful chapter for me, I'm waiting for the shoe to drop

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Man, Hero Academia has some of the most competent good guys in shonen. Even when I have a little doubt that things will go to poo poo right next chapter, the way the Heroes reacted to the recent Villain Alliance merger/power-up is about as good as it reasonably can get.

Vinylshadow posted:

Ya know, I'm waiting for Toadette to be inexplicably nerfed and easily countered

She needs humidity for her spores to grow and be useful, which I think will be pretty rare resource with Endeavor around.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I believe in the traitor Kaminari

He’s right there, if it’s ever gonna happen I think it’s gonna be now

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

My bet is that the doctor is going to release Shigaraki early in an act of desperation to beat back the heroes. Shigaraki will gently caress things up, but end up hurting himself in the process because he's not ready yet and be forced to retreat before he can kill any important characters.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

rannum posted:

Honestly this was a stressful chapter for me, I'm waiting for the shoe to drop

Yeah same here. It makes me wonder if poo poo hits the fan all at once or it starts at one end and it just snowballs from there.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

A whole lot of trivia/notes this week:

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1224014961619263488

edit: I don't think last week's was posted, so here it is too:

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1221491021546053634

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 2, 2020

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

RatHat posted:

before reading the chapter i thought you were just joking about a kinda similar-looking character but lol, no, that's literally just him.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

A whole lot of trivia/notes this week:

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1224014961619263488

edit: I don't think last week's was posted, so here it is too:

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1221491021546053634

Man, it's crazy how many different, unique hero designs Horikoshi came up with for random background characters.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Hori is getting cancelled by the Chinese and Korean fandoms at the moment because the doctors actual name is a reference to a Japanese war criminal who did experiments on people- the issue isn't that he named the guy after a monster but instead because the victims of the guy are referred to by his name.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fabricated posted:

Hori is getting cancelled by the Chinese and Korean fandoms at the moment because the doctors actual name is a reference to a Japanese war criminal who did experiments on people- the issue isn't that he named the guy after a monster but instead because the victims of the guy are referred to by his name.

That's not great!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Blockhouse posted:

That's not great!
As far as Twitter goes the reaction is bad enough that I'm guessing that if there wasn't a Superbowl, dnc primary, and other bullshit going on it would probably be trending. Like uh, it's not good. Lots of Korean artists are deleting their stuff and even the fujo lady who is nuts over the series thinks it should be addressed.

E: granted there was a similarly big stink raised over Tanjirou's hanafuda earrings and that ended up not really mattering

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 2, 2020

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Not quite Maruta was both the names of the victims and of the project itself. So it's possibly a reference to human experimentation.

From what I can tell it would be like if a villain was named Dr Holocaust.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

MonsterEnvy posted:

Not quite Maruta was both the names of the victims and of the project itself. So it's possibly a reference to human experimentation.
The offense is being taken because it CAN also be used to refer to the victims of the project.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fabricated posted:

The offense is being taken because it CAN also be used to refer to the victims of the project.

I look forward to the unveiling of the villain’s real name, Dr. Mario, next chapter

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I am guessing the intent was "he is a human experimenter, he would be someone who calls his creations maruta, which is also his name because he's ~*whimsical*~ mad scientist narcissist"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

It's both, also the Criminal was Ishii. Maruta was the codename for the experiment and the people.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Fabricated posted:

the man who lives by the pun must also die by the pun

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's both, also the Criminal was Ishii. Maruta was the codename for the experiment and the people.
The question in my mind is how obvious is it to your average Japanese that it may not be a good idea to name a character like this that name with those characters.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Get hosed, Eggman.

Rhonne posted:

I do like that, if you look closely, you can see Aizawa behind Endeavor on the off-chance that info is BS.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 2, 2020

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
That was probably the most tension in a manga I have read in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Fabricated posted:

The question in my mind is how obvious is it to your average Japanese that it may not be a good idea to name a character like this that name with those characters.

There are comic book characters called poo poo like Holocaust and Baron Blitzkrieg. And villains who are just actual real Hitler. So it's... On brand if still problematic.