Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

marktheando posted:

God Sela is the worst character, I really hope they don't ever bring her back or mention her again. What a horrible ending for Tasha, I hate it so much. Escaping her world of rape gangs to be in Starfleet, only to end up being raped and then executed by Romulans. Great.

Does Star Trek have an afterlife? How do they reconcile Tasha A already being there and then 20 years later Tasha B shows up.

Edit: Actually based on the time travel they might have shown up in Trek Heaven at roughly the same time but Tasha B has 20 years worth of life lived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Rhyno posted:

Does Star Trek have an afterlife? ...

Voyager showed that the Talaxian afterlife didn't exist. Everything else is up in the air.

Edit: \/\/\/ They wouldn't be the only one. (It's a shame Ethan Phillips got stuck with that lovely character.)

8one6 fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Feb 2, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

8one6 posted:

Voyager showed that the Talaxian afterlife didn't exist. Everything else is up in the air.

It's possible that God just hates Neelix.

Edit: Was that before or after he had his soul fused to a vulcan?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Klingon afterlife is real, as proven by that one episode of Voyager when B'Elanna did the flatliners thing.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

8one6 posted:

Voyager also showed thar Gre'thor also literally exists and B'lanna had to go there to send her mother's soul to Sto'vo'kor. So the Klingon afterlife is real too.

Also Picard died and went to heaven and found out that Q was God... and then immediately started arguing with and insulting him.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Rhyno posted:

It's possible that God just hates Neelix.

After

Also I never got why people hated Neelix or ShutUpsley.
Or JJBinks.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Rhyno posted:

After. The Doctor used Seven's nanoprobes to cure Nelix's case of terminal death syndrome.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AntherUslessPoster posted:

After

Or JJBinks.

Neelix was obtrusive and dumb in equal measure and just all around annoying. And it was a drat shame because Ethan Phillips just exuded charisma and made you want to like him and utterly nailed the heavy stuff for his character, but then Neelix would do something stupid like tell Tuvok he read the letter from his wife before he delivered it to him without realize what was wrong about that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well there you go. The Talaxian God clearly hates Vulcans and thus Neelix was shunned from heaven because his soul had been tainted.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also a fragment of Guinan continues to exist inside the Nexus in perpetuity despite the fact that she was pulled out of it. Does this mean that Kirk and Picard also have fragments that will live on forever inside the space ribbon dimension even after they die? Is James T Kirk still out there in some fashion chopping wood at his cabin for all eternity?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

nine-gear crow posted:

Also a fragment of Guinan continues to exist inside the Nexus in perpetuity despite the fact that she was pulled out of it. Does this mean that Kirk and Picard also have fragments that will live on forever inside the space ribbon dimension even after they die? Is James T Kirk still out there in some fashion chopping wood at his cabin for all eternity?

Kirk just hanging out with his good dog and making lovely omelettes for eternity.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

MichiganCubbie posted:

^^I agree about Ro.^^

I really do believe the doctor scene was written for Crusher.

Dr Crusher would have immediately gone to Star Fleet and ratted out Jean Luc's crazy plan.

Regarde Aduck posted:

They did say the Zhat Vash secret was thousands of years old. Something like that. The word thousand was used.

Zhat Vash seems like something I read about in my 20s reading conspiracy books about Rosicrucians and the Knights Templar.

Lizard Combatant posted:

Why are there working stiffs on Mars complaining about the lovely conditions, talking like contemporary dock workers in the heart of the Federation fleet shipyards?

(I know, I know - they're building the evacuation fleet)

Stuff like that feels just a wee bit uncreative, like they have to fall back on cliche either so the audience isn't too alienated or because they don't actually see the incongruity of having these working class type characters in this setting. I kept waiting for someone to get their pay docked for not clocking in on time.

Binary Logic posted:

The workers were either:
a. criminals working as part of their sentence
b. working in the shipyards to pay for, or as prerequisite to entering Starfleet.

Lizard Combatant posted:

Either of those could be legit interesting if they were in any way supported by the text.
Okay fair enough. However this line of inquiry leads to a new problematic theory: Star Fleet is still poorly managed by Americans. Evidence:
a. terrible fast food for labourers because LOL who cares about them; need to maximize profits for the shareholders.
b. Overly-powerful weapons freely available to anyone, in an area that should not have weapons. So maybe the 2nd Amendment is still operational, but where the heck is OHSA?!

Killed by Fate.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 2, 2020

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Binary Logic posted:

Okay fair enough. However this line of inquiry leads to a new problematic theory: Star Fleet is still poorly managed by Americans. Evidence:
a. terrible fast food for labourers because LOL who cares about them; need to maximize profits for the shareholders.
b. Overly-powerful weapons freely available to anyone, in an area that should not have weapons. So maybe the 2nd Amendment is still operational, but where the heck is OHSA?!

Killed by Fate.

.... oh you're just loving with me aren't you? lol, good job

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Thats clearly an overcharged scrap cutting laser.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I took those to be welding or boring tools.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I also appreciated that they have the old Andorian makeup, not the Disco re-do. Not that the Disco version is terrible but I prefer the Enterprise era makeup. Keeping the Disco Tellarite was good though, that's a superior redesign.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

nine-gear crow posted:

Neelix was obtrusive and dumb in equal measure and just all around annoying. And it was a drat shame because Ethan Phillips just exuded charisma and made you want to like him and utterly nailed the heavy stuff for his character, but then Neelix would do something stupid like tell Tuvok he read the letter from his wife before he delivered it to him without realize what was wrong about that.

Ethan Phillips is on Avenue 5, playing a retired astronaut. He doesn't have a large role but every line he delivers is great.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The close-up look of the Mars facilities does seem to make sense with what we heard about the disaster- a relatively low body count for a planet-wide one since the facilities seemed to be heavily automated and Mars itself isn't heavily inhabited, but used basically as a big manufacturing zone.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

After

Or JJBinks.

If you don't get why people hate Neelix/Jar-Jar, then you are the Neelix/Jar-Jar

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Brawnfire posted:

If you don't get why people hate Neelix/Jar-Jar, then you are the Neelix/Jar-Jar

Might be, ngl. Or I'm just overly understanding, I just feel sorry for both of them.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
In an alternate timeline, TMP reveals that V'ger is actually the Starship Voyager, having been pulled through time as well as space by the caretaker, and making it's way at warp 2 all the way back to sector 001 with all sorts of Borg poo poo and other totally alien poo poo all over it, piloted only by The Doctor who by this point doesn't even remember who he is or why he needs to go to earth.

And Naomi Wildman in stasis.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

This show is kelvelin timeline not prime right?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Zotix posted:

This show is kelvelin timeline not prime right?

Why, its 100% prime

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

was anyone else really bothered by the shelves in Dahj's apartment not being level? what kind of loving future is this??!?!?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Why, its 100% prime

That was a Kelvin constitution class ship on the hologram in Starfleet. Not a prime constitution.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I can't even begin to tell with all the camera lens warping going on.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Zotix posted:

That was a Kelvin constitution class ship on the hologram in Starfleet. Not a prime constitution.

It was actually the Disco upgrade of the Constitution, which is prime.

e: or is that the joke

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Brawnfire posted:

yeah there's definitely a barrel effect from the wide lens, but look at where they are supposed to line up.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

i want perfect right angles in our post scarcity future or i don't want a future at all

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

kidkissinger posted:

yeah there's definitely a barrel effect from the wide lens, but look at where they are supposed to line up.

Oh. Oh, *poo poo*

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Zotix posted:

It's been confirmed many times that it is the prime timeline. If it was the Kelvin universe then Romulus would still be around.

kidkissinger posted:

was anyone else really bothered by the shelves in Dahj's apartment not being level?

No.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

kidkissinger posted:

was anyone else really bothered by the shelves in Dahj's apartment not being level? what kind of loving future is this??!?!?

Because all these useless plates are there pushing the drat shelves down. Who needs plates when your replicator materialises food with plates already.

HD DAD posted:

It was actually the Disco upgrade of the Constitution, which is prime.

e: or is that the joke

I'm 95% sure that the joke that he didnt watch disco

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They're decorative plates. Or maybe she just likes those plates and doesn't want to rematerialise them for every meal.

Honestly a bit weak that it just looks like a generic modern apartment but Star Trek's never been really good at showing ordinary civvie digs with personal touches. Besides maybe the Ferengi, oddly enough.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Crockery integrity is down to 80%, divert power to shelf alignment

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Nitrousoxide posted:

I took those to be welding or boring tools.

Turn on your monitor.

Actually, everyone turn on your monitors.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Brawnfire posted:

They're also starting to sneak in some much needed Disco-style camera spinning.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Binary Logic posted:

They're also starting to sneak in some much needed Disco-style camera spinning.

Nah, too motivated.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Lizard Combatant posted:

Turn on your monitor.

Actually, everyone turn on your monitors.

???

It was hung up with other tools.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Ahahaha THIS is what the kind of quality content we need in the star trek thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Nitrousoxide posted:

???

It was hung up with other tools.

It was a joke. I'm sorry it wasn't very good.

I guess the boring tool was me all along.