Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Just started CSD3 and gap between what I remember of CSD1 and my current gameplay experience is vast.

All my stop-and-starting, confused pauses and panics, completely boofing switching between the orders and the holding stations every 15 seconds... it is the biggest sign of my Ongoing Mental Decline. Bronzes as far the eye can see

If you're struggling, keep in mind that they added the chill mode in 3 that eliminates the time constraint to get orders out fast so you can actually take your time without having to panic. You can only get silvers this way but I imagine this would be a much better way to actually learn the muscle memory for all your dishes instead of panicking the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Kin posted:

Is there a way to sell multiple cards on the market place yet?

I've got this silly huge stockpile and the last i heard the old chrome plugin was supposedly some russian spyware now or some poo poo.

Install the steam economy enhancer userscript, click "sell all cards" in your inventory screen.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Iverron posted:

Looks like the combat has more “weight” to it than PoE which is pretty welcome honestly, but the EA version of the game seems fairly restricted compared to what you’re getting February 13th so you’ll might wanna wait for a goonsensus until after that point: https://wolcengame.com/forum/announcements/official-news/more-details-about-full-game-and-price-increase/

That said the game is going from $30 to $45 Feb 13th so you also might want to hedge your bets? Hard to say right now.

Thanks. I’ll probably wait the couple weeks and get some post-launch impressions.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Anno posted:

Everything I've seen about this game looks pretty awesome in .gifs. For people who've played the EA version, is the speed of the game/combat more like Grim Dawn or Path of Exile?

It takes some cues from PoE ala the sphere grid but the combat is most similar to Grim Dawn, skyhigh monster ragdolling included. It's also clearly influenced by D3 with the free switching of skills and different runes that change the nature of the spell. It seems to work pretty well and I'm looking forward to the main release when all the game systems will be implemented.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Kin posted:

Is there a way to sell multiple cards on the market place yet?

I've got this silly huge stockpile and the last i heard the old chrome plugin was supposedly some russian spyware now or some poo poo.

Go to your badges list -> Click a game you have cards for -> Click "Sell these cards on the Market".

You'll need a plugin to list all of your cards at once.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Hell yeah, Settlements now has 21:9 screen support.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Is there actually any downside to selling individual cards, if you don't care about them or badges for their own sake? Like can you make steam bank if you finish a set?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

baka kaba posted:

Is there actually any downside to selling individual cards, if you don't care about them or badges for their own sake? Like can you make steam bank if you finish a set?

Nope, I just sell em all as I get em since I don’t do badges outside of buying sale ones with points when I can’t get more coupons.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

exquisite tea posted:

It takes some cues from PoE ala the sphere grid but the combat is most similar to Grim Dawn, skyhigh monster ragdolling included.

Well that’s good then. I want something with more of the deliberate pace Grim Dawn can have but that isn’t Grim Dawn.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Gonna start The Witchehhhh 3 today, any mods that are absolutely essential?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Johnny Truant posted:

None are essential and depending on your preference in gameplay some are actively detrimental.

You might want auto-apply oils, inventory weight limit increases or various other QoL improvements but none of them are necessary to enjoy the game as is.

Do not use the fast travel mod as it regularly breaks quests.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Johnny Truant posted:

It's unplayable without Auto Apply Oils and No Fall Damage, the gameplay will be a chore at around the 30h mark and that's not even half of the main story so you at least mitigate some of the pain.

If there's anything that gives you more points when you level so you can freely max skills, I'd go for it as well. You're only going to play it once, no reason to not get them all.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Samuringa posted:

It's unplayable without Auto Apply Oils

Lmao no it's not.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Samuringa posted:

It's unplayable without Auto Apply Oils and No Fall Damage, the gameplay will be a chore at around the 30h mark and that's not even half of the main story so you at least mitigate some of the pain.

If there's anything that gives you more points when you level so you can freely max skills, I'd go for it as well. You're only going to play it once, no reason to not get them all.

FWIW I disagree with pretty much all of this, the gameplay wasn't a chore even 100 hours in and I liked applying oils manually pre-combat against especially tough opponents since just having a flat damage boost at all times was boring. It's not "optimal" but appropriately Witcher-y.

I liked the mod that showed all quest markers simultaneously on the map instead of just the one you had currently selected though. Not critical by any means, but convenient.

There's also Immersion and Gameplay Tweaks which was actually made by one of the devs and that I liked, but it changes stuff a bit more so probably worth playing vanilla for a while first and then seeing if it sounds like something you want.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 2, 2020

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
But really though, as a big fan of taking screenshots the only actually critical mod was the one for removing the dirty lens effect.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Johnny Truant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPMVQiDv62c

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Nope, I just sell em all as I get em since I don’t do badges outside of buying sale ones with points when I can’t get more coupons.

:tipshat: I saw people talking about booster packs but I wasn't sure if that was the new hat economy or if it's just people wanting to get profile badges

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

baka kaba posted:

:tipshat: I saw people talking about booster packs but I wasn't sure if that was the new hat economy or if it's just people wanting to get profile badges

With boosters the question is “open them or sell them as a pack”, since you can sometimes get a foil card if you pop them open.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Yeah but you get them by buying them, right? So it's just gambling?

Or is this about turning cards into gems or whatever and then you use those to create booster packs, or something? I guess I could look all this up huh!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

baka kaba posted:

Yeah but you get them by buying them, right? So it's just gambling?

Or is this about turning cards into gems or whatever and then you use those to create booster packs, or something? I guess I could look all this up huh!

Booster packs randomly show up at a rate that depends on your steam level and how many games all the cards have dropped for. If you’re not doing badges all you need to know about cards is you can sell em for steambux.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

oh so that's what steam level is about lol

all right thanks! I never paid any attention to the whole meta thing, besides listing some hats because why not

actually on that subject, how come some hats historically spiked at a really high price, then dropped back to normal? Some kind of fraud/money laundering thing?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I think these are all supposed to combine into one item but Valve as typical hasn't given a single thought to these since 2014 so bugs will never get fixed. I don't care one bit about this thing so whatever.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It depends on the hat, the game and a variety of other factors. If there's something with a peak that's wildly out of line it might have been some kind of money laundering angle in the past but the simple reality is that the hat/skin market for Valve games is patently absurd. Like you might think that $300 for a knife skin in CS:GO is clearly some kind of fraudulent activity but no that's just how much they were worth and were bought at for a long time. DotA stuff generally doesn't get that high but it gets up there and TF2 stuff has generally been all over the place until recently when a bug - or whatever it was in the end - meant the market totally crashed because of sudden, easy access to ultra-rare items.

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!

Jamfrost posted:

Any fresh opinions on Ravenfield? Does it lean too heavily on making your own fun due to the sandboxy nature?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/636480/Ravenfield/

I like it well enough, but I have nostalgia for playing FPS games against bots. There's a good selection of weapons and mods add even more; and the gameplay is competent. However it is entirely about making your own fun, the campaign mode is still very early in terms of content. It boot it up here and there for a match or two, and crank up the bot numbers to have goofy 100 vs 100 battles. I just saw that there's a multiplayer mod people added, but I haven't tried it. I'd wait for a sale unless you really want a goofy FPS vs AI and $15 won't break the bank.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Orv posted:

It depends on the hat, the game and a variety of other factors. If there's something with a peak that's wildly out of line it might have been some kind of money laundering angle in the past but the simple reality is that the hat/skin market for Valve games is patently absurd. Like you might think that $300 for a knife skin in CS:GO is clearly some kind of fraudulent activity but no that's just how much they were worth and were bought at for a long time. DotA stuff generally doesn't get that high but it gets up there and TF2 stuff has generally been all over the place until recently when a bug - or whatever it was in the end - meant the market totally crashed because of sudden, easy access to ultra-rare items.

Well I mean like, the TF2 soldier hat with the horns that everyone had, if that spiked 10x for a single day with plenty of sales the rest of the time, were people suddenly desperate for that common hat one time, or was someone using hacked accounts to buy items from other specific accounts at silly prices?

I get it for rare things, or stuff where all of a sudden there was a reason to have it and people who didn't went nuts, but some of these look real shady. I know there's a whole fraud thing with CS but I wasn't sure if it was happening with the TF2 hats too

Orv
May 4, 2011

baka kaba posted:

Well I mean like, the TF2 soldier hat with the horns that everyone had, if that spiked 10x for a single day with plenty of sales the rest of the time, were people suddenly desperate for that common hat one time, or was someone using hacked accounts to buy items from other specific accounts at silly prices?

I get it for rare things, or stuff where all of a sudden there was a reason to have it and people who didn't went nuts, but some of these look real shady. I know there's a whole fraud thing with CS but I wasn't sure if it was happening with the TF2 hats too

I'd imagine it's more likely than not. Steam has made efforts to curtail that kind of stuff over the last few years but there's probably only so much they can close those avenues off.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Since I talked about a game people actually know yesterday, I am now free to descend into the indie hells to dredge up a $2 platformer that's really quite fun, despite its name.

:intv: Platformebruary 2020: Ultimate Collector's Edition :intv:

1. Blasphemous

2. Duck Souls

Sometimes it’s nice to sit down with a game that’s not going to consume hours of your life. I love compact experiences, ones that get you into a creator’s vision and back out in a single go. The name Duck Souls might not inspire much confidence, and the memes won’t help, but it’s a wonderfully bite-sized bit of challenge platforming to work through in about forty minutes or so. While that might not seem so remarkable, it does strike a far, far more reasonable balance with its challenges than most indie offerings, and it looks absolutely lovely while it’s at it.

You’re a duck! The last duck, apparently, as the souls of your kin grimly inform you in the opening. There are duck eggs left nesting around the world, though, and from these your species could make a resurgence. But that means someone like you (a duck) needs to go retrieve them, and wouldn’t you know it, they’re all at the end of long halls or caverns of spikes, spinning blades, sentry guns, and worse. Your non-corporeal allies were at least kind enough to grant you the power to dash, and between that and your keen wall-jumping abilities, you’ll have everything you need to gather up these precious eggs.

Forget about the name, because Duck Souls doesn’t resemble that other game it’s two letters off from in the slightest. If anything this is entry-level Super Meat Boy, comprised of a hundred single-screen rooms to run, jump, dash, and climb through to the coveted eggs. Your duck controls much like Madeline from Celeste, too, with its dash functional in any direction and in midair, but requiring you to land on solid ground before using it again. Levels make the most of this, offering all sorts of tight platforming challenges and fun gimmicks like breakable walls and homing missiles. It’ll all be very familiar if you’ve ever played a SMB-style challenge platformer before, but tuned way lower than the ones you’re probably thinking of.

That’s the real charm of this one, though the bright, bold pixel art and pleasant tunes make a pretty good case on their own. Duck Souls is one of the easier, more welcoming platformers I’ve played, without abdicating its challenge entirely. You’ll still need to be quick and precise, but the short levels and gentle difficulty curve mean no matter how bad you were at Super Meat Boy, you’ll still be able to finish this, I’d wager. That alone should earn Duck Souls some recognition in a world where every other platformer is a miserable slog of overtuned acrobatics. It does exactly what it sets out to do, which is entertain and challenge for an hour or less, and it deserves a chance for doing it so well.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

It takes some cues from PoE ala the sphere grid but the combat is most similar to Grim Dawn, skyhigh monster ragdolling included. It's also clearly influenced by D3 with the free switching of skills and different runes that change the nature of the spell. It seems to work pretty well and I'm looking forward to the main release when all the game systems will be implemented.

Looks like it’s on Humble so I’ll buy it before the price increase as soon as the next Choice is live.

How’s the rippiness of the game looking? My biggest beef with current PoE is getting exploded with poor / nonexistent information RE: what exploded me.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Iverron posted:

Looks like it’s on Humble so I’ll buy it before the price increase as soon as the next Choice is live.

How’s the rippiness of the game looking? My biggest beef with current PoE is getting exploded with poor / nonexistent information RE: what exploded me.

That's something that could stand to be improved in the final build because you'll for the most part be untouchable against normal mobs and then some random poison puddle will drain all your health in a second. The EA version is pretty old though and levels are capped at 20 so it's impossible to say what the endgame will look like at this point.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

That's something that could stand to be improved in the final build because you'll for the most part be untouchable against normal mobs and then some random poison puddle will drain all your health in a second. The EA version is pretty old though and levels are capped at 20 so it's impossible to say what the endgame will look like at this point.

Thanks. $24 with Choice is probably better than the sale discounts on $45 will be for a bit at least.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Samuringa posted:

Huh, I played it for like 200 hours and never found it to be a chore at any point.

Hell, I even went so far as to get mods that make pre-combat prep even more important because I loved having to do it in TW2 before every fight.

Mods that add extra animations for drinking potions and applying oils so you can't just do it willy nilly without thinking about your current situation and mods that make buffs last a little longer so using grindstones and what not were more worthwhile, I'd also recommend whatever the most up to date mod is that makes monster trophies actually useful.

Also I'd really recommend starting on either Deathmarch or Blood & Broken Bones otherwise it really is a cake walk unless you'd just like to soak in the story then do whatever difficulty you feel you'd enjoy more.

Netrunner
Aug 31, 2019

Is anyone playing ELDERBORN?

I just got the spear and I can't seem to get the parry timing right, and the tutorial is pretty unhelpful. Anyone got tips?

EDIT: I figured out the answer, the tutorial should be a little more specific imo. You are supposed to parry exactly when the crossed sword icon appears on your crosshair. For the drowners you actually have time to see this, but for scorpions you have to parry immediately because they are so fast.

Netrunner fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 2, 2020

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
I know this probably isn't the best thread to talk about it, but I honestly can't believe that Blizzard made it so that you can't even play the old disc version of Warcraft III anymore without upgrading to Reforged.

It's so bizarre, since they made the classic version Starcraft free, with the HD version being an upgrade.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Max Wilco posted:

I know this probably isn't the best thread to talk about it, but I honestly can't believe that Blizzard made it so that you can't even play the old disc version of Warcraft III anymore without upgrading to Reforged.

It's so bizarre, since they made the classic version Starcraft free, with the HD version being an upgrade.
I imagine so its they can force everyone to use the new EULA which gives them the rights to every mod for the game. They even removed offline LAN play.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

Look out for Warcraft 3: Classic in a couple years, it'll be only $30 for WC3:R owners.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

How does Code Vein's multiplayer actually work? I hear its co-op is like monster hunter where it's convoluted but you progress together with your friends but also that its darksouls style co-op where people can show up to help but no progress is saved for the visitor

Xun fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 2, 2020

Orv
May 4, 2011

Xun posted:

How does Code Vein's multiplayer actually work? I hear its co-op is like monster hunter where it's convoluted but you progress together with your friends but also that its darksouls style co-op where people can show up to help but no progress is saved for the visitor

It works like MH in that you send up a request for co-op joiners and people search for people to join that need help, rather than discrete signs a la Soulsborne. Everything else is exactly Soulsborne.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
Bringing back up Dead Rising chat, I've been playing Dead Rising 2 OTR co-op for the past 2.5 weeks and it has been incredibly buggy, with lots of crashing. My co-op buddy cant connect, crashes, crashes after cutscenes, using discord talk button during initial loading crash, etc: and it's usually a hard crash, freezes everything, can't even open the task manager.

My buddy has had lots of random graphical issues, and now where we are in the game, case 7 something, load times have greatly increased mysteriously and now sometimes I get weird loading error where textures arent popping in along with lots of grab items, whereas I hadn't any graphic issues at all until that point.

Frustrating as gently caress and buyer beware if recent Dead Rising talk has convinced you to pick it up for co-op. When it works it has been fun, but we are about ready to give up on it with all our issues.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

PlushCow posted:

Bringing back up Dead Rising chat, I've been playing Dead Rising 2 OTR co-op for the past 2.5 weeks and it has been incredibly buggy, with lots of crashing. My co-op buddy cant connect, crashes, crashes after cutscenes, using discord talk button during initial loading crash, etc: and it's usually a hard crash, freezes everything, can't even open the task manager.

My buddy has had lots of random graphical issues, and now where we are in the game, case 7 something, load times have greatly increased mysteriously and now sometimes I get weird loading error where textures arent popping in along with lots of grab items, whereas I hadn't any graphic issues at all until that point.

Frustrating as gently caress and buyer beware if recent Dead Rising talk has convinced you to pick it up for co-op. When it works it has been fun, but we are about ready to give up on it with all our issues.

I wonder if they broke something when they took out GFWL. When I played co-op it worked great, but that was at release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I wonder if they broke something when they took out GFWL. When I played co-op it worked great, but that was at release.

Was it Windows 7 or 10? I wonder if that has something to do with it. These new issues popping up when we are almost at the end is so frustrating.