Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Dicty Bojangles posted:

When I switched from CouchPotato to Radarr, Radarr was able to figure out 480p/720p/1080p from the files, but marked everything as HDTV-____ in the database. It wasn't able to tell whether the source was WebDL or BluRay or whatever, but it picked up resolution just fine on its own. None of my files were tagged with resolution or source, either, just "Title (date).mkv" etc.

Definitely did not do that for me but I'm running Radarr synocommunity package which might be worse. I had them titled the same Title (date).avi and they just show up as Unknown. I keep meaning to figure out this Docker poo poo and move to a docker install but :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

it set movies to unknown for me as well.... well, the ones that it could import / meet their lovely requirement for 1 movie per directory at least

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Yeah I recently had to redo mine and they were all set to unknown as well.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

If I update Sonarr from 2 to 3, does it preserve all my settings or do I have to set everything up again?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Worked fine for me.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

The Diddler posted:

If you're gonna use farm, wouldn't it make more sense to go with frugal since you get farm access free? I'm on farm and have no issues, but I plan on switching to frugal when farm expires so I have access to both.

It definitely makes sense for you to go from Farm to Frugal since you'll be going from €60 or €96 a year to $50 (or $40 not a referral link), but if someone already has a cheap $25ish Highwinds provider they might be better off just buying a block from Farm rather than switching. 500 gigs from Farm could last for years with an unlimited Highwinds provider.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

If I update Sonarr from 2 to 3, does it preserve all my settings?

Preserved for me

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Xaris posted:

Definitely did not do that for me but I'm running Radarr synocommunity package which might be worse. I had them titled the same Title (date).avi and they just show up as Unknown. I keep meaning to figure out this Docker poo poo and move to a docker install but :effort:

There’s a couple of guides that are literal copy and paste jobs for the compose.yml file. Even down to reverse proxying.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Radarr will detect what quality a movie is, unless it's an avi which shows up as "unknown" which is fine since I want to upgrade those specifically anyway. I lost a HDD awhile back and have never cleaned up the movie folder, so I have a done of stuff without movie files actually in the folder, which is frustrating.

Also I'm upgrading to Sonarr v3 and it's hung on the "remove previous windows service" UHOH

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

sedative posted:

It definitely makes sense for you to go from Farm to Frugal since you'll be going from €60 or €96 a year to $50 (or $40 not a referral link), but if someone already has a cheap $25ish Highwinds provider they might be better off just buying a block from Farm rather than switching. 500 gigs from Farm could last for years with an unlimited Highwinds provider.

had an account on frugal many years ago and they sent an email this past weekend about the changes with a sale price too. i disabled all servers except the frugal and farm server (never had farm before) for the last couple of days and the bonus server definitely helps and i have accumulated 40 gigs of traffic from just the bonus server (100 from frugal). TBF I am really pushing it to see what it can do so results may not be typical. at this point it would seem like it is just splitting hairs to save a few cents each month to piece together what frugal gives via other accounts or block accounts when you should be able to set this up in the newsreader and forget it.

also fwiw when i enabled just the bonus server with my express block account the bonus server still provided the post over Express so take that for what its worth.

SlipperyNipple fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 28, 2020

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Anyone having issues with Hydra2 going unavailable in Sonarr and Radarr? I think it started last week when I updated it, and I've updated since and it's not better. If I test the connection in sonarr it gets better for a while, then it goes offline again. I checked the logs in Sonarr and they're a mess of API errors. I went thru Hydra and cleaned up those indexers, but it happened again after I was done. I can try to re-install an older version, but I would prefer not to do that if possible.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

SlipperyNipple posted:

had an account on frugal many years ago and they sent an email this past weekend about the changes with a sale price too. i disabled all servers except the frugal and farm server (never had farm before) for the last couple of days and the bonus server definitely helps and i have accumulated 40 gigs of traffic from just the bonus server (100 from frugal). TBF I am really pushing it to see what it can do so results may not be typical. at this point it would seem like it is just splitting hairs to save a few cents each month to piece together what frugal gives via other accounts or block accounts when you should be able to set this up in the newsreader and forget it

Do you have farm and frugal set as the same priority or is farm the backup? If they're the same, set farm as the secondary account and see how it works. If farm is already the backup, which indexers are you using? That's a lot of stuff that's been removed from the highwinds server.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

sedative posted:

Do you have farm and frugal set as the same priority or is farm the backup? If they're the same, set farm as the secondary account and see how it works. If farm is already the backup, which indexers are you using? That's a lot of stuff that's been removed from the highwinds server.

i set it the way they recommended on the website. two frugal servers is higher priority than farm. farm is set as #2. i mostly use geek then dog and then another that does not like to be mentioned. i thought the results were interesting to but like i said i really pushed it to test things trying completely random off the wall posts. i am going to run things the rest of the week with my normal grabs and usage to see how things go but at least it seems like a frugal account will take care of most things thrown at it unless they have been dmca'd out of existence.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The Diddler posted:

Anyone having issues with Hydra2 going unavailable in Sonarr and Radarr? I think it started last week when I updated it, and I've updated since and it's not better. If I test the connection in sonarr it gets better for a while, then it goes offline again. I checked the logs in Sonarr and they're a mess of API errors. I went thru Hydra and cleaned up those indexers, but it happened again after I was done. I can try to re-install an older version, but I would prefer not to do that if possible.

I noticed mine went off once or twice this week but I just restarted each docker (running each in UnRaid dockers) and it's seemed to have settled down since.

Hydra2 had a recent update that I installed like... this morning as well.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Is there a way of finding where NZBGet is getting data from?

I'm hoping for something like the graphs from NZBHydra.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Slash posted:

Is there a way of finding where NZBGet is getting data from?

I'm hoping for something like the graphs from NZBHydra.

There are graphs available if you click the "remaining time" clock in the upper left corner, I think that might be what you want?

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

The Diddler posted:

There are graphs available if you click the "remaining time" clock in the upper left corner, I think that might be what you want?

Yep that's the one, thanks!

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

The Diddler posted:

I think I fixed this, I'm running Hydra on a Server2016 VM, I updated dot net and Java and it seems like it's working correctly now.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Trying to work through Custom Formats in Radarr, not sure if what I'm trying to accomplish will get it done or not.

Have three hundred movies of various sizes ranging from 700mb to 4.4gb based on when they were added that are showing up in the "Cutoff Unmet" tab in the Wanted section.

Since I'm newer to Radarr, I've been manually searching each movie, sorting by date, looking at the file size I currently have, and then scroll down until I find one that fits both resolution and smaller than the current file size. I already have the h264/5 custom formats, but I'm finding the releases that match can range from ~3GB to ~1.5GB. I'm also finding a specific group attached to over 90% of the ones I've found so far.

Can the size format tag have a modifier that checks against what I currently have to filter anything larger? Or would it be beneficial (and possible) to just search for the release group to find anything in my library that has already been converted?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I keep having NZBGet freeze on "Unpacking" and just stay that way for days unless I go and manually cancel post processing.

I'm running it on a docker in UnRaid, NZBGet version 21.0, server is a Core i3, 3.3ghz with 22gb of DDR3.

I have a 256gb SSD as cache and the freeze on unpacking hits randomly, definitely does not have anything to do with the cache or main array being full, PCU utilization is not consistently maxxed nor is memory, the container it's in is not filling up etc either. I will have it work perfectly fine for dozens of downloads in a row and then it will randomly hang. Basically I have to just check in once or twice a day to make sure it can actually run due to this error. I'm downloading a lot right now mostly to just build up a catalog of stuff since I just got my UnRaid server set up a few months ago and started on Usenet just after Black Friday.

For most of the files that freeze on unpacking, cancelling post processing then selecting "download remaining data" in the "Failed" tab for that file in NZBGet usually will sort them out just fine.

Any ideas / things to try? Googling around gives me a million causes for this over 5+ years, so I didn't see anything really helpful. Most who run into this seems to have a hardware issue. That does not seem to be the case here.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I had that happen to me when my HDD was throwing smart errors. It would take an absolute eternity to unpack. Swapping it out for a new SSD fixed it.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I had that happen to me when my HDD was throwing smart errors. It would take an absolute eternity to unpack. Swapping it out for a new SSD fixed it.

Yeah its on a newish SSD and no errors that I can see coming up in logs anywhere. It just gets to unpacking and nothing happens.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Is dog dead or just down? Any street info?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I gave up on dog long ago, the api just never worked most of the time

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Looking for a cheap TB block. If anyone sees a deal please post it. The poor retention on NewsGroupDirect is really showing. I signed up for a free 10gb block on Usenet.Farm and it instantly filled in the missing blocks. Time to jump from NGD I guess but I hate wasting the rest of my annual unlimited plan.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Canuckistan posted:

Looking for a cheap TB block. If anyone sees a deal please post it. The poor retention on NewsGroupDirect is really showing. I signed up for a free 10gb block on Usenet.Farm and it instantly filled in the missing blocks. Time to jump from NGD I guess but I hate wasting the rest of my annual unlimited plan.

Usenet prime has 1TB for :10bux:
https://usenetprime.com/portal/cart.php?gid=4

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I'm really appreciating the additional 1TB of Farm that Frugal now provides as a backup for no additional charge.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
So upgrading to v3 of Sonarr seemed to be going fine, except I just noticed it's not processing any new files. It says my server path (e:\blah\blah\tv shows) isn't available. If I try to browse to it, it lets me go to e:\blah\blah but doesn't list anything in that directory, just the ... to let me move up. There's a message when adding a new root folder that network drives aren't supported if using it as a Windows Service (which I am), but the drive is local (it is a "made up" drive using a software called DrivePool, but it doesn't seem to let me go more that two dirs down in any drive, even if it's an actual local drive.

If I go to each series, it shows the file path (e:\blah\blah\tv shows\series) and how much space it's taking up on the disk, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Drives in windows can be mounted under a user session, they won't then be visible to windows services.

It's possible that's how drive pool works - it's the exact same reason that mounted network shares don't work.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Thanks, but I think they're a UsenetExpress reseller. My current provider NewsGroupDirect is also a UsenetExpress.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Why not get another cheap unlimited plan from a different backbone/reseller? Set them both to the same priority in your downloader of choice, and let the lack of incomplete files wash over you

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

Canuckistan posted:

as mentioned frugal usenet is omicron access but it now gives farm access as well on a bonus server. the regular frugal servers should be more complete than newsgroupdirect by themselves and then the Farm access comes in in the clutch if you have it set up right priority wise in your newsreader or i guess you could just use the farm server if you wanted.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
I think you're both right. Frugal is the way to go. Probably as cheap as a block at the end of the day. Thanks.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

norp posted:

Drives in windows can be mounted under a user session, they won't then be visible to windows services.

It's possible that's how drive pool works - it's the exact same reason that mounted network shares don't work.

Gotcha. Changing the user the service was using to log on with fixed it.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

EC posted:

Gotcha. Changing the user the service was using to log on with fixed it.

I had the exact same thing when I upgraded.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
What's the best block I can get that would supplement Newsdemon to avoid missing articles?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Ive been using free-usenet.com paid blocks for a while now and been pretty happy with price/performance. they usually do buy one get one free too.

w/ SSL enabled im hitting 10MB/s on my 100mbps link on 30 connections.

the only annoying thing is that the blocks have their own username and password that you need to update each time the block runs out. if its a backup server however that shouldnt be a big problem.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Is free-usenet the one that is looked down on for reselling a whole bunch of other providers retail unlimited accounts?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

norp posted:

Is free-usenet the one that is looked down on for reselling a whole bunch of other providers retail unlimited accounts?

interesting. explain?