Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Weedle
May 31, 2006

It flopped for a lot of reasons but mainly because it was always-online and the servers often didn’t work. They insisted that the game simply wouldn’t work offline because their advanced poop simulations would lay a mere desktop PC low. Of course a year later they released an offline patch and it all worked fine but it was too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

even if it didn't have the always online stuff, it was fundamentally a bad game and built on a simulation that barely worked and in no way functioned like a city

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Here’s my ranking of all the ones I played.

SimCity 2000
SimAnt
SimTower
SimCity
SimLife
SimCopter
SimSafari
Streets of SimCity

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Unlock ur scroll wheel, close your eyes, and spin the wheel to reveal your Animal Crossing Soul Neighbor.

he's perfect

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

sharrrk posted:

jeez dude is this your first time playing? you aren't intended to recruit everyone, you aren't going to have nearly enough deployment slots to use half your guys

Yeah but I am going with the assumption that if I don't recruit them I'm gonna have to kill them later on

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Awkward...

Nah mate I ain't throwin shade

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I do it too :)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
that feeling when you're listening to a nice ocremix and then all of a sudden a nerd roleplaying as link starts rapping out of nowhere

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

never gonna stop thinking about a Bird who is also a Knight

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
A friend wanted a buddy to play FFVX comrades with, So he grabbed me a $50 PSN Card, my god this game is a really bad Monster Hunter...

At least I got Journey to the Savage Planet with it, that's a good game, basically a slightly less polished Metroid Prime, but still super fun.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I said come in! posted:

The January thread was our most replied to thread for General Chat Games threads. Granted it went a day over, but it's still had the most responses by a large margin.

youre welcome

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

guys i'm committed to playing some pathfinder tabletop stuff tomorrow but i've drank a lot of beer and now i'm going to be extremely hungover for the meetup. sorry you had to find out this way

status update: i forgot to close out the witcher the other night while doing this and just put my computer to sleep, which means for the past 33 hours an npc was waiting on geralt to reply to something in their dialogue tree

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I hope Geralt said something good

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Use your power sleep settings!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

I hope Geralt said something good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iIA7MShQoA

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
If making multiple posts is a crime I will be executed by the Social Media Police and I will die screaming over the course of several posts

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

the yellow ant is HUNGRY for a new sim ant

also make sure i get hip hop singing ants when i clear a scenario mission again

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

American NES instruction manual stories were a real trip

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Here, I photo scanned the 1995 Maxis Product Catalog for reference. I think this must've been RIGHT as Windows 95 came out and right before SimCopter and Streets of Sim City.

https://imgur.com/gallery/XkWlgYD

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I miss instruction manuals

BG2 and Rollercoaster Tycoon were the apex

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

good morning. i am turning 30 in a week. this is bad

30 and 40 is young as gently caress. We’ve got till 80-90 if not 100 easily. Eat healthy, do stretches so you don’t have a lot of back pain, and enjoy not having the angst of the lovely 20’s anymore.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

LionArcher posted:

30 and 40 is young as gently caress. We’ve got till 80-90 if not 100 easily. Eat healthy, do stretches so you don’t have a lot of back pain, and enjoy not having the angst of the lovely 20’s anymore.
no one living today has till 100, sorry

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's fine, we'll be able to upload our consciousness to an MMO or something in like 2030 and then we can games chat for eternity

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

SimCopter was 1996.
Streets of Sim City was 1997.
Half-Life was 1998.

In my mind those seem like they were WAAAAAY further apart.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

homeless snail posted:

no one living today has till 100, sorry

You don’t know that. You can assume that with climate change, but you don’t know that.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
SimCopter was my first exposure to something deviant, disgusting, something that I haven't gotten over the controversy of yet and likely never will

Americans call "Where's Wally" "Where's Waldo"

What's wrong with Wally

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mutata posted:

Here, I photo scanned the 1995 Maxis Product Catalog for reference. I think this must've been RIGHT as Windows 95 came out and right before SimCopter and Streets of Sim City.

I use to have this catalog! So many memories. <3

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
In French he's Charlie

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

LionArcher posted:

i dont want to be that old

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

LionArcher posted:

You don’t know that. You can assume that with climate change, but you don’t know that.

With the rising cost of healthcare, the rapid deregulation of 50 year old health and safety standards, and the stagnation of wages meaning less and less people can ever afford to retire let alone have a retirement savings I doubt many of us live to see 70.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

LionArcher posted:

lmao if you think things are getting better

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm 31 it's fine it's exactly the same as being 20 only you don't give a gently caress anymore

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Songbearer posted:

I'm 31 it's fine it's exactly the same as being 20 only you don't give a gently caress anymore

Also 31 and can confirm.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

LionArcher posted:

on the day a Twitter beef escalates to a nuclear exchange, gonna take a sec to remember this and lol in my final moments

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
the anxiety about being 30 is far worse than actually just being 30

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm 35 and while there's lots of stuff I still give a gently caress about, it's almost entirely not the stuff I gave a gently caress about at age 20, for good and for bad. It's a wash, is what I'm saying, so make good choices, do some stretches, go jogging a few times a week, and enjoy yourself.

SimCity 2000 on floppy disc was the first game I owned and I have that product catalog because I bought a boxed copy off of eBay a while back to replace my lost original copy and I keep it on my shelf.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm 29 and I don't really understand why anyone would give a poo poo about turning 30

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Andrast posted:

I'm 29 and I don't really understand why anyone would give a poo poo about turning 30

To be fair having to make the traditional Blood Sacrifice to N'kronoptah, Elder Lord of Time, to enter the dark pact to continue in this line of existence is pretty daunting

You get a blindfold these days though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I heard if you have a certain "life-style" you get wizard powers at 30