Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
blogger feud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

gh0stpinballa posted:

great and insightful interview in la review of books with trueanon hosts, liz rocks extremely

https://lareviewofbooks.org/article...ts-of-trueanon/

I haven't listened to trueanon much but I like how Liz is laying out a bunch of interesting stuff and brace is just "yeah just imprison the CIA don't really care about the details"

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
eighteen-year-old Japanese girlfriend Just out of frame of my 5 hour YouTube video

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Brace brings huge little brother energy to the pod

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

I haven't listened to trueanon much but I like how Liz is laying out a bunch of interesting stuff and brace is just "yeah just imprison the CIA don't really care about the details"

BB: The right has always thrived on pointing out real or imagined moral depravity. They’re all dimestore Julius Streichers. They’re horny for this sort of stuff, all the Steven Crowder set, this Epstein poo poo turns them on. They’re sick, it’s a type of perverted madness. They don’t want to solve the case, they want to masturbate to it. That said, I agree with Liz.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

cancel culture isnt real and the proof is literally that im still having to read about peter coffin in loving 2020

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Is trueanon actually good then? I listened to their first ep and their Chapo stuff but it felt a little too bullshitty, reading that interview plus hearing that they've got some interviews with other people makes me interested

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

StashAugustine posted:

Is trueanon actually good then? I listened to their first ep and their Chapo stuff but it felt a little too bullshitty, reading that interview plus hearing that they've got some interviews with other people makes me interested

there was a pivot point where i think brace realised letting liz talk more improved the pod immeasurably and now it's a great listen. he still waffles at length but liz is better at steering the convo now.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

lol

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019

gh0stpinballa posted:

can i shock you, i have never listened to an episode of cum town.

it shocks me, it shocks me, to see what's buried beneath

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

Liz is smart and makes good points (yes she's got vocal fry) and Bruce is there to be funny about it

It's good. I went to their live show in LA last weekend and it rocked

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

gh0stpinballa posted:

there was a pivot point where i think brace realised letting liz talk more improved the pod immeasurably and now it's a great listen. he still waffles at length but liz is better at steering the convo now.

Yeah thats the impression I'm getting. Is there a good point to jump in?

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

super macho dude posted:

The Iowa City Chapo live show was huge. poo poo got incredibly emotional at the end, the whole team giving heartfelt speeches, and Will crying while we all sang Solidarity Forever to close out the show. It was an uplifting and surreal experience.

Matt Christman for Dog Catcher 2020. PITBULL SOLIDARITY YOU BASTARDS

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

StashAugustine posted:

It’s my number two pod. Chapo is number one unless Virgil is doing interviews and of course Red Scare in number three. With Cum Town number four.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Crowsbeak posted:

It’s my number two pod. Chapo is number one unless Virgil is doing interviews and of course Red Scare in number three. With Cum Town number four.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
1. Chapo
2. Cum Town
3. Revolutions
4. Radio War Nerd
5. True Anon
6. The Dollop

I like Knowledge fight but they're libs and I can only listen to Alex Jones for so long before the Abyss stares back into me

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnEdgelord posted:

1. Chapo
2. Cum Town
3. Revolutions
4. Radio War Nerd
5. True Anon
6. The Dollop

I like Knowledge fight but they're libs and I can only listen to Alex Jones for so long before the Abyss stares back into me

you really need Citations Needed in there

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Xaris posted:

you really need Citations Needed in there

Its just my personal list but honestly I found it way too dry for my taste

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

AnEdgelord posted:

Its just my personal list but honestly I found it way too dry for my taste

:commissar:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Street Fight, you clods.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

listen to rev left radio/red menace, marx madness, proles of the round table you libs

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Lol. You got a massive hatred for a women lead podcast.

I would rate save if Napoleon higher if it was more then at best monthly.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 04:25 on Feb 3, 2020

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019

Crowsbeak posted:

people shouldn't dislike podcasts if they're lead by women

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Its Chocolate posted:

people shouldn't dislike podcasts if they're lead by women

I mean. Obvs.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
*saluting as taps is played* here we remember good matt... before he fell before the power of bernie panders

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

lmao

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

for the past couple weeks my friend's been telling me about the stuff he sees on the red scare subreddit....... worried for him

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

StashAugustine posted:

both larb and trueanon are good, so i'm going to check this out, when i'm not drunk

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

broke: posting online
woke: posting irl

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Uranium posted:

broke: posting online
woke: posting irl

im the penn state sticker

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

StashAugustine posted:

Yeah thats the impression I'm getting. Is there a good point to jump in?

i'm not a regular listener but their recent liz warren ep was very funny

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Crowsbeak posted:

weird how quickly you go to the dreaded identity politics

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Varinn posted:

/

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

if you dont hear all my posts in piccolos voice already idk what to tell you

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Varinn posted:

If you don't like the ramblings of NYC dilettantes it means you're a wokescold lib, or something.

It's hard to parse because I think if you shook his skull a little the brain cells would sound like a maraca.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Varinn posted:

cancel culture isnt real and the proof is literally that im still having to read about peter coffin in loving 2020

It's real, just impotent screaming into the void

Basically all the woke internet heroes of the mid 10s turned out to be grifters, TERFs and/or crazy people that only looked good next to the literal nazis

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Its Chocolate posted:

gonna rant a little here but I really, really hate how radlibs refuse to recognize that being attractive is a form of privilege because they don't think objective attractiveness is real. it's exactly the same as going "I don't see color" as a response to racism

I mean, apart from anything else it's the same because race/color are strongly correlated to cultural perceptions of beauty anyway. Black women and Asian men in the US, for example, are hosed.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's real, just impotent screaming into the void
Yes pretty much. To be honest there are two parts in the cancel culture events: the callout part and the "We will ruin your life" part. The callout part is great because it's nice that no matter how rich or privileged the target is, it probably deserve to be call out for poo poo behavior. The "we will ruin your life, cost you money, make you lose your job, make you a pariah" part is not really ever successful nor really sane. I mean how many of the people in the second phase are only there for the blood?

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 08:05 on Feb 3, 2020

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

if its not successful then why do i have to keep hearing about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Toplowtech posted:

Yes pretty much. To be honest there are two parts in the cancel culture events: the callout part and the "We will ruin your life" part. The callout part is great because it's nice that no matter how rich or privileged the target is, it probably deserve to be call out for poo poo behavior. The "we will ruin your life, cost you money, make you lose your job, make you a pariah" part is not really ever successful nor really sane. I mean how many of the people in the second phase are only there for the blood?

You mostly don't hear about the successful cases since they're only ever against people who don't have money, power or PR agencies. And tend to be disproportionately successful against minorities and women.

That stage is pretty much indistinguishable from late-stage helldumping, and you'd probably be correct that most of the people at that point are just in it for the feeling of success at causing another's suffering.