Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

What a cock tease this weather is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

spaceblancmange posted:

What a cock tease this weather is.

It's really good at that and much like Nurburg it'll rain on the top of the track and not at the bottom

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

12 DUM
13 rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMe3WDmxBEI

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Brexit!

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
gently caress yes. First time Bentley has won and also the first time that anyone has won the race from further back than 8th place

Dr. Garbanzo fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Feb 2, 2020

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Nice lol.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Nybble posted:

I'm a bit confused by that drive-thru penalty for #60 ignoring the blue flag. Now, granted I'm coming from F1/IndyCar exclusively, but can they not defend from being lapped from the lead lap?

If you get shown a blue flag in F1 you have to move over as well.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
been really enjoying watching supercross the last couple weeks, really fun racing and an entertaining format.

Last night's 450 highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYGYgq2IJ2U

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

been really enjoying watching supercross the last couple weeks, really fun racing and an entertaining format.

YOU SEE GUYS I KEEP TELLING Y'ALL

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
i was gonna ask why did windyman reg a sockpuppet account

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I absolutely loving loved MX/SX back when I was a kid in the '90s. Still watch it casually and try to make it to Lucas Oil Stadium every now and then when SX visits.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

LMP1 entry list is 3 cars for COTA. Toyotas and 1 Rebellion. Merge this stupid class with LMP2, thanks.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cygni posted:

LMP1 entry list is 3 cars for COTA. Toyotas and 1 Rebellion. Merge this stupid class with LMP2, thanks.

The Ginettas pulled out for COTA but not for Sebring (yet). No statement as to why yet.

[Edit] statement via Daily SportsCar:

quote:

Ginetta released a statement on Tuesday morning explaining their absence:

“The #5 & #6 G60-LT-P1 cars needed significant planned maintenance after Bahrain.

“The WEC calendar is challenging, especially for any team with a new car in it’s first season and we have not had the chassis’ back at the factory since before Silverstone in August.

“The cancellation of the earlier WEC race in Brazil and the new race at COTA made it impossible to do the planned work at our facility in Virginia, so the cars were shipped post race back to Ginetta UK, the cars hopefully arrive at the factory today.”

And there are three more races left of this rule set, and then the first year of Hypercar, followed by the first season where the LMDh rules will be allowed. Why would you merge it now, even if you could?

harperdc fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Feb 4, 2020

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

harperdc posted:

And there are three more races left of this rule set, and then the first year of Hypercar, followed by the first season where the LMDh rules will be allowed. Why would you merge it now, even if you could?

Because 3 cars isn't a race and this series is a joke.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
Can’t wait until 2021 when the Valkyrie Hypercar fails to materialize due to Aston being in shambles and we’re again watching Toyota elaborately masturbate themselves to an abnegating non-climax for 6-24 hours at a time

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

The Ginettas pulled out for COTA but not for Sebring (yet). No statement as to why yet.

[Edit] statement via Daily SportsCar:

You might as well, LMDh is LMP2 anyway and why the gently caress would you spend $200m on a hypercar program when someone can just glue some plastic to the front of an Oreca 07 and get performance equalised with you.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Dudley posted:

You might as well, LMDh is LMP2 anyway and why the gently caress would you spend $200m on a hypercar program when someone can just glue some plastic to the front of an Oreca 07 and get performance equalised with you.

LMDh is going to be 800hp, just like Hypercar, so put your toys back in the pram and calm down.

And it’s not like Hypercar isn’t going to be a BoP formula either. There was never any incentive on spending the money it takes to develop a better mousetrap because the ACO was always going to level the playing field.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

drgitlin posted:

LMDh is going to be 800hp, just like Hypercar, so put your toys back in the pram and calm down.

Can you please stop doing this crybaby troll bullshit where you tell people to "calm down" when they're perfectly calm as it is? Thanks in advance.

The hypercar regs aim for 3:20 lap times at Le Mans, which is only four seconds faster than the LMP2 pole time last year. Given that DPi is already faster than LMP2 I'm not really sure BoP is going to be a huge problem.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
I’m sorry, I thought this was *checks notes* the somethingawfuldotcom forums, a long dead gay comedy website. I must have gotten confused in my old age and ended up at Pitpass or something.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

drgitlin posted:

I’m sorry, I thought this was *checks notes* the somethingawfuldotcom forums, a long dead gay comedy website. I must have gotten confused in my old age and ended up at Pitpass or something.

If Pitpass is a place where they welcome users who fly off the handle whenever someone lightly disagrees with them then that is information I need to have.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
we should all listen to the very important epic tech blog journalist guy for sure

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
prototypes suck anyway so who cares, make GT the main category at le mans and let LMDH Hypercar Series run the week after or whatever

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
eliminate all classes at Le Mans and make it a production car race

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Feels Villeneuve posted:

now we're talkin

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

make it a wreckfest style banger race where they switch direction at each chicane on the mulsanne

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Maybe we will get a 1994 style situation.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
‘94 LeMans was badass because you had reworked ancient Group C cars, whatever prototype Toyota had lying around from the JSPC days, IMSA GTO entries and BPR cars running alongside one another.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

But you can only participate if you sell a hatchback in the US market

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Big Huski Boi posted:

But you can only participate if you sell a hatchback in the US market

As long as they don't get to count CUVs, sold.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

Force everyone to race caged Lotus Elises but all the drivers have to weigh at least 300 pounds and bring back the Le Mans start and require mandatory driver changes every pit stop

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

an oddly awful oud posted:

Force everyone to race caged Lotus Elises but all the drivers have to weigh at least 300 pounds and bring back the Le Mans start and require mandatory driver changes every pit stop

LHD or RHD?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Arcella posted:

LHD or RHD?

Yes

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

eliminate all classes at Le Mans and make it a ChumpCar race

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Peanut President posted:

prototypes suck anyway so who cares, make GT the main category at le mans and let LMDH Hypercar Series run the week after or whatever

Unironically this. Prototypes are neat, and people ooh and aah, but GT cars are the real show.

My wife has never given a poo poo about racing, but will happily sit and watch GT cars for 12 hours while not giving a single gently caress about protos other than a "that sounds like rear end" when a Toyota went by.

Wheel banging is better than lapping.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

Unironically this. Prototypes are neat, and people ooh and aah, but GT cars are the real show.

My wife has never given a poo poo about racing, but will happily sit and watch GT cars for 12 hours while not giving a single gently caress about protos other than a "that sounds like rear end" when a Toyota went by.

Wheel banging is better than lapping.

Counterpoint: my girlfriend literally fell asleep on the Esses deck at Watkins Glen during the CTSCC race in 2018. Caymans and Mustang GT4s going by and she was out cold with no earplugs in. On the other hand, she will diligently stay awake and attentive during Monsters Inside Me marathons and rooting for the Mazda DPi is a symptom of me having terminal brain worms so she finds watching that little red car go around in circles just terribly interesting

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Arcella posted:

LHD or RHD?

Whichever isn't the driver's home default.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Big Huski Boi posted:

Can you please stop doing this crybaby troll bullshit where you tell people to "calm down" when they're perfectly calm as it is? Thanks in advance.

The hypercar regs aim for 3:20 lap times at Le Mans, which is only four seconds faster than the LMP2 pole time last year. Given that DPi is already faster than LMP2 I'm not really sure BoP is going to be a huge problem.

They're also slowing the P2s to provide scope for slowing the Hypercar/LMDhs as well. And along with BOP the Hypercar proposal had extensive regulations about aero and aero efficiency, plus a relatively easy target for power figures as well. The entire point of that being there wasn't much reason to throw hundreds of millions at the development. LMDh just takes that and makes it cheaper (basing off of a P2 chassis, which the Rebellion already technically is as well don't forget) and has a standardized hybrid system.

I'm pretty sure Peugeot will be taking that option for their WEC challenge. Toyota is already in, Aston has backing for the Valkyrie project, so if one more (Porsche?) jumps in then the good times are back for the WEC. That doesn't help the next race from having only three P1s, sure, but what else should all parties be realistically doing?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Arcella posted:

LHD or RHD?

RHD as the British Empire intended

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Aussie Supercars subscription service Superview is open for the 2020 season, it's about $45/£35 for the whole season and a really good deal if you're interested in the series from outside Oceania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
https://twitter.com/Glickenhaus/status/1225806081181585410?s=19

Glickenhaus's new GT3 car, more pics on his Twitter, looks to have a 6.2L Chevy V8