Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
My son was walking my dog last weekend. He brought her in and said “she pooped but i couldnt hold her and pick it up so im gonna go find it.”

He comes back in like 5 minutes later saying that he couldnt find it. I told him our neighbors are a bunch of snitches so he will need to find it.

He comes back 5 minutes later

“Daddy, the good news is i found the poop. The bad news is i found it with my shoe”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Me: "You need to go brush your hair."
My autistic 6 year old: "I can't! I don't have a head!"

He continues to insist he left his head at school.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
*smelling something at work*
Me: Hey bud you go potty?
Kid: no I just tooted quiet

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

marshmallow creep posted:

Me: "You need to go brush your hair."
My autistic 6 year old: "I can't! I don't have a head!"

He continues to insist he left his head at school.

Best wishes to your obviously headless child

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Kid has a real talent for ventriloquism.

omnibobb posted:

“Daddy, the good news is i found the poop. The bad news is i found it with my shoe”
I share your little guy's pain. We used to have a garden we'd sometimes let the dog out into when nobody had time to walk him in the morning. "Yup, found it" was a common expression of heartfelt pain and suffering.

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

My brother's kid is in kindergarten this year. Recently they got a note from his teacher. They asked the kids to draw something they really enjoy, so he drew himself pissing in the woods. Who doesn't enjoy that :colbert:

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
I work with 3 year olds and the other day one of the girls mentioned that she was going to a restaurant with her parents after school.
I asked what kind of restaurant, expecting her to say pizza or chick fil-a or something. Instead she tells me she's going to "The Purple Restaurant". I ask what kind of food they have there, and she said "peanut butter sandwiches and cupcakes!" anything else? "no."
...I kind of want to eat at a place like that.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Holding this like a scepter:

I'm the king of zebras! Mwa ha ha ha! Zebras attack!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
same energy

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beachcomber posted:

Holding this like a scepter:

I'm the king of zebras! Mwa ha ha ha! Zebras attack!

:3:

My youngest niece had that same toy, or something similar, when she was that age

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
2yo niece

:sparkles: Knock knock

:) Who's there?

:sparkles: (Literally anything in the room)

:) (Literally anything in the room) who?

:sparkles: *Uncontrollable laughter*

4yo nephew

:) What's your favorite dinosaur?

:v: T-rex

:) Ok, what's your second favorite?

:v: Tyrannosaurus Rex

:) Ok, what's your favorite herbivore dinosaur?

:v: herbivore T-Rex

:) Ok, what's your favorite plant eating dinosaur?

:v: little baby T-Rexs

:eng99:

This kid can pronounce pachycephalosaurus and parasaurolophus.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
This week my daughter told me she wanted to marry a girl when she got older. I said “oh thats neat. Why do you want to marry a girl?”

She deadass says “i want to be a mom but i dont want to be pregnant. My wife can deal with that”

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
My father-in-law says to his dog, who's getting in the way of his motorized wheelchair: "You'd better watch out, or you're going to be roadkill!" And my 10-month old yells out, "ROKILL!"

Only really funny in that it's one of his first words beyond mama and dada, but still.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Beachcomber posted:

2yo niece

:sparkles: Knock knock

:) Who's there?

:sparkles: (Literally anything in the room)

:) (Literally anything in the room) who?

:sparkles: *Uncontrollable laughter*

4yo nephew

:) What's your favorite dinosaur?

:v: T-rex

:) Ok, what's your second favorite?

:v: Tyrannosaurus Rex

:) Ok, what's your favorite herbivore dinosaur?

:v: herbivore T-Rex

:) Ok, what's your favorite plant eating dinosaur?

:v: little baby T-Rexs

:eng99:

This kid can pronounce pachycephalosaurus and parasaurolophus.

My kid calls them Dinosaurus Rex.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
My kid's started blending words he knows to create new sounds, which is really cool, but the words he chose for this were "dad" and "kick." So the other day he was babbling kick, kick, kick, dad, dad, dad, dit, dit, dit, dick, dick, dick... He liked that last one so much he's started substituting it for "kick"—which he seems to understand as the thing being kicked rather than the act of kicking.

So, yeah, now he refers to balls as dicks.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

omnibobb posted:

This week my daughter told me she wanted to marry a girl when she got older. I said “oh thats neat. Why do you want to marry a girl?”

She deadass says “i want to be a mom but i dont want to be pregnant. My wife can deal with that”

She's got the right idea at least.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
"I love you so much, Uncle *slightly mispronounced my name*". :kimchi:

But then my wife got "I love you too much"

I think she was trying to combine phrases. 2yo.

At one point she started licking my arm.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie

Beachcomber posted:

At one point she started licking my arm.

2yo bodies can only handle so much love :kimchi:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

"What are you gonna do tomorrow?"
"Watch tv."
"What do you to like to watch?"
"Its russian, you don't know it."
"What's it called?"
"Its a russian name, you don't know what it mean."
"I might, what's the name?"
"....Harry Potter."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

yer an illusionist, garold!

im a what?!

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!
If I had to guess, I was going to guess Masha and the Bear.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Cleaning the vents in my area while a nearly-3-year-old watches me

"What are you doing Mr Fast Cars?"

"I'm cleaning the vents, they get dusty and gross"

his eyes get real wide

"GHOSTS?"

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Rollersnake posted:

My kid's started blending words he knows to create new sounds, which is really cool, but the words he chose for this were "dad" and "kick." So the other day he was babbling kick, kick, kick, dad, dad, dad, dit, dit, dit, dick, dick, dick... He liked that last one so much he's started substituting it for "kick"—which he seems to understand as the thing being kicked rather than the act of kicking.

So, yeah, now he refers to balls as dicks.

Oh god.

I teach first grade adn sometimes I play a game with a small group that has a bunch of yellow tiles (the first sound of a word) and green tiles (the ending sound). Some are kind of basic, like you could match up "c" and "at," or you might go for "c" and "ould." It's super fun to play with the ones who are just getting comfortable with the byzantine rules of english phonics, but, as you'd imagine, it's hard to run it so you don't make an inappropriate word now and then.

Last week a boy had the ending "-ock" and goes "Oh!!! I wish I could find 'c.' Then I could make 'cock!'" I just looked at him nonjudgmentally, hoping he would elucidate. Finally, he proceeded- "You know, like the rooster."

During the same game, my best behaved girl in the class shrieked, as did her friend sitting next to her. The girl shoved "sh-" "-it" across the table toward me. "Mrs. Bravo, this says poo poo!" Again, I just looked. "I'm putting it over here so nobody makes it by accident." I don't know why that was the one that broke me but I had to turn away for a minute til I could get my poker face back

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sweeperbravo posted:

Oh god.

I teach first grade adn sometimes I play a game with a small group that has a bunch of yellow tiles (the first sound of a word) and green tiles (the ending sound). Some are kind of basic, like you could match up "c" and "at," or you might go for "c" and "ould." It's super fun to play with the ones who are just getting comfortable with the byzantine rules of english phonics, but, as you'd imagine, it's hard to run it so you don't make an inappropriate word now and then.

Last week a boy had the ending "-ock" and goes "Oh!!! I wish I could find 'c.' Then I could make 'cock!'" I just looked at him nonjudgmentally, hoping he would elucidate. Finally, he proceeded- "You know, like the rooster."

During the same game, my best behaved girl in the class shrieked, as did her friend sitting next to her. The girl shoved "sh-" "-it" across the table toward me. "Mrs. Bravo, this says poo poo!" Again, I just looked. "I'm putting it over here so nobody makes it by accident." I don't know why that was the one that broke me but I had to turn away for a minute til I could get my poker face back

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I have this 1 and change year old kid who I put a lot of work into to get him comfortable in our space. He spent like two weeks just wailing and needing to be held but one day I got him to stand with my while I was sitting down. He held on to me with both hands and just watched the other kids for while and then I put a fire truck near us but not close enough for him to get to while still holding on and eventually he went over and played with it. Since then he loves coming.

Anyway he’s starting to try to talk, like he’ll spit out a complete sentence worth of baby gibberish, and the other day he discovers our big bag of dinosaurs. He runs up to me with a TRex and in his tiny voice goes “raaaaawr!” :3:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Overheard in the Wegmans bakery today:
4/5 year old: A football cake??? I love football!

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
"The Farmer's Lament" as my wife is calling it: my 11 month-old has started repeating "E-I-E-I-O" when you sing Old MacDonald to him, and he does it even when he's crying and throwing a fit. I guess it doesn't really come across in text, but it's one of the funniest loving things I've ever heard.

:cry: E.. I... E I... O...

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Rollersnake posted:

"The Farmer's Lament" as my wife is calling it: my 11 month-old has started repeating "E-I-E-I-O" when you sing Old MacDonald to him, and he does it even when he's crying and throwing a fit. I guess it doesn't really come across in text, but it's one of the funniest loving things I've ever heard.

:cry: E.. I... E I... O...

This song is the best, I stg. I make breakthroughs with the kids I work with who have English as an additional language and aren't really speaking yet with Old McDonald. It starts with them absently repeating EIEIO, then they're making the animal noises, then they're choosing animals to be up next... whoever invented this annoying-rear end song was a genius tbh.

Not a thing a kid said, but one of my 2-year-olds who understands English but doesn't speak much yet... we were doing an alphabet jigsaw with all sorts of different animals for every letter, and I said to him, "where's the giraffe?" and he pointed to the giraffe. "Where's the frog" got it. "where's the whale" yup. "where's the alligator" yep. Really kiddo? You know "alligator" but won't say "hi"? Fair enough. Where's the quail?

He looked all over the puzzle, frowned, then lifted up the whale piece and pointed to it.

:3: you'll go far, little guy

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
In his defense, I don't think I would recognize a quail even if was looking right at it.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Cardiovorax posted:

In his defense, I don't think I would recognize a quail even if was looking right at it.

That was it, he knew every other animal from alligator to whale, and trust me we don't usually teach the difference between alligator and crocodile. The fact that he knew alligator was cool enough. The fact that he recognised that "whale" sounds like "quail" and told me so is even cooler. Kid owns.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Cardiovorax posted:

I probably could, but only if it was flash fried and spatchcocked.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/1224775875284983809?s=20

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
https://twitter.com/BunAndLeggings/status/1225137052120797186

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
My 4 year old daughter:

"Daddy, you fart too much!"

I do fart a lot. :smith:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

"The sun is deleted! Time for bed!"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

My son, age 5, building Lego with my dad:

Kid: Opa I can't get this piece off

Opa: <struggles to get same piece free> Hmmm, I can't get it either.

Kid: That's because you're old, and stupid.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

a mysterious cloak posted:

My son, age 5, building Lego with my dad:

Kid: Opa I can't get this piece off

Opa: <struggles to get same piece free> Hmmm, I can't get it either.

Kid: That's because you're old, and stupid.

To be fair, we're all old and stupid to a degree. Kids have it figured out, man.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Nephew: Yarr, shiver me timbers!
Me: Who says that?
Nephew: My tablet.

...I'm not sure what I expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
https://twitter.com/BathysphereHat/status/1228437064514969605