Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
That's correct both about football and Brexit, not sure why it's bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

fat gay nonce posted:

That's correct both about football and Brexit, not sure why it's bad.

Yeah it seems spot on.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's an insanely bad and dumb take on the EU, formulated like it's some real deep wisdom. hope this helps ops.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I don't think it's saying that is what the EU actually is but rather how its viewed by Brits who voted for Brexit, which is absolutely accurate

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

I don't think it's saying that is what the EU actually is but rather how its viewed by Brits who voted for Brexit, which is absolutely accurate

:hmmyes:

In short, wrong thread OP

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

football fans, much like the british public, are stupid scumbags to a man

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Couldn't decide on a thread for this

:v:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I just bought the LEGO international space station :homebrew:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Bundy posted:

Definitely wrong thread.

Lego is cool and good. Regardless of the stadium in question

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
adults buying Lego for themselves

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

oliwan posted:

adults buying Lego for themselves

You are anhedonic.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Lego is cool and good except when they're wasting a huge amount of plastic on building the loving swamp

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

Lego is cool and good except when they're wasting a huge amount of plastic on building the loving swamp

At least an emptyhad one would be match day accurate lmao

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Bundy posted:

even though it's old toilet it's still cool

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i hate man u but old trafford looks way cooler than all the generic stadiums built in the last 25 years

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

i hate man u but old trafford looks way cooler than all the generic stadiums built in the last 25 years

By all accounts it’s glitter on a turd at this point

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

Spurs stadium looks cool and is probably the best stadium atm.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

its okay. prob just me being old but i prefer the look of a stadium with 4 separate stands, whether the corners have been filled in or not. the perfect oval just looks dull.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

jesus WEP posted:

its okay. prob just me being old but i prefer the look of a stadium with 4 separate stands, whether the corners have been filled in or not. the perfect oval just looks dull.

I like stadiums with one massive stand from a fit of 90s optimism dwarfing the rest of the ground.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

It looks like a toilet but I guess modern plumbing does kinda kick rear end

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

CyberPingu posted:

right thread

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

CyberPingu posted:

I hadn’t really taken a close look at Spurs stadium before this and gently caress me that is awful.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://twitter.com/5liveSport/status/1224049680981614594?s=19

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Thats amazing. I love chemically aided callers

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, the caller's not wrong...

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

oliwan posted:

Well, the caller's not wrong...

Gary spotted

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
That’s amazing.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

pik_d posted:

StatMan Gaz spotted

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
That is an incredible meltdown. Seriously, what's his SA name?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sticksy posted:

That is an incredible meltdown. Seriously, what's his SA name?

PitUAE

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Honestly, this may be the best meltdown I've ever heard.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I can't bring myself to listen to a fan of my club melting down enough that robbie fuckin savage is able to clown on him, the embarrassment by association would be too strong

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

I can't bring myself to listen to a fan of my club melting down enough that robbie fuckin savage is able to clown on him, the embarrassment by association would be too strong

It's good but it's not 606 in Moyes' season at United good.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

You don't have to decide that you got owned in a vintage way that can't be matched,

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I think I found Johnathan Woodgate's Reddit account:

On talking about his transfer to Real

quote:

That's one game. After that he played well before getting injured again and was then sold at a minor loss. There are far worse transfers.

On talking about worse transfers

quote:

Mutu to Chelsea, Veron to United, Flo to Rangers, Lentini to Milan, Denilson to Betis, Bogarde to Chelsea, Carroll to Liverpool, Torres to Chelsea, Shevchenko to Chelsea, Jo to City, Bebe to United, Ali Dia to Southampton, Savio to West Ham, Scheidt to Celtic, Overmars to Barca, Kaka to Madrid, Inter swapping Seedorf for Coco, Barbosa to Inter, Salas to Juventus.

How is he one of the worst? When there are multiple examples of players moving for gargantuan sums, playing shite and moving at a giant loss, a player moving for a decent sum, being sold at a moderate loss and playing well in the few games he managed doesn't compare

Then after being asked if he is Woodgate

quote:

You seem vexed about discussing football on discussion thread in a football forum. If you don't enjoy common sense, don't engage.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It is safe to say that Liverpool will win the league this season and they will be worthy winners. However, I don’t understand the need to disparage or overinflate this achievement by claiming the league was harder or easier to win in the past. JohnnyWicky makes an assertion that “the premier league is currently in this moment probably the strongest it has been in the last decade”. Interestingly, he calls it a fact (what is it about some of the Liverpool contingent and facts, they just can’t get enough of them) before outlining a subjective argument based on performance in Europe, the might of the “smallest” teams and the belief that the game is tougher now than it has ever been. How is the performance of English teams in Europe proof that the domestic league is the strongest it has been in a decade? This just shows the strength of a handful of top English teams relative to their European opponents, many of whom may be weaker at this moment in time than in the past. And just because the smaller teams have more money now doesn’t count for much when the bigger teams have even more i.e. it is all relative.

So, in the interests of probably nobody, how does one define the strength of a league when one accepts JohnnyWicky’s facts to be fiction? Well I would say a better measure is how competitive it is; after all, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. With this in mind, and without undertaking a full-blown statistical analysis (as it is a waste of my time and yours), I simply took the average points of the top 4 after the same amount of games played this season (25) for each of the last ten seasons and subtracted the average points of the bottom 4 teams – the lower the score the more competitive the season, as the “smaller” teams would have picked up more points relative to the “bigger” teams. The highly-scientific results show that this season was joint-fourth (with 2012/13), with the difference in averages being 31. By a long way the 2010/11 season was the most competitive (a difference of 26).

Now what does this tell us? It basically confirms what most of us already knew – the Man Utd team of 2010/11 were awesome, beating an extremely strong trio (Chelsea, City and Arsenal) to the domestic title, coming runner-up in the CL to arguably the best club side ever (Pep’s Barca) and would wipe the floor with this current Liverpool side, who have the advantage of VAR, transparency, sports science, improved diets and conditioning and don’t have to travel to Elland Road to play a rival who truly hates you, with their biggest fear apparently being a trip to the admittedly-noisy but in-no-way-intimidating Molineux.

Ah the good old days, when Dimiflop Berbaflop laughed in the face of one misguided Liverpool fan by scoring a hat-trick against them and claiming the golden boot. I guess one man’s romantic nostalgia is another man’s recency bias.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
There's a lot to unpack there, but who can forget the legendary Leeds campaign in the 2010/11 Premier League season...

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
I like the allusion that sports science did not exist in the dark mediaeval days of 2010, a full decade after lance armstrong won tour de france among literally a thousand other examples

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Also that Liverpool are short on rivals willing to kick them lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

What about the fact that the whole "facts" thing has obviously eaten physical holes into Man U fans' brains?