Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ProperJam/status/1223472907281555457?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1223491347438432262

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Was it a known thing that Jericho's deal with AEW is 3 million a year? Dave just kind of casually mentioned it during WOR without any fanfare.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Jerusalem posted:

Was it a known thing that Jericho's deal with AEW is 3 million a year? Dave just kind of casually mentioned it during WOR without any fanfare.

A lot of cheddar, but Jerichos been worth it.

This explains why Randy was flirting so hard, but he was probably pitching for a Big E Langstrom gimmick.

"3s not enough, I gotta have 5"

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

Jericho has said it was a better guarantee than he'd ever had before, but I'd never heard the actual figure.

HidaO-Win posted:

A lot of cheddar, but Jerichos been worth it.

This explains why Randy was flirting so hard, but he was probably pitching for a Big E Langstrom gimmick.

"3s not enough, I gotta have 5"

I think the problem was he wasn't offered at least $3M a year, and he found it ridiculous to be offered less than Jericho.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

And he's worth every penny

The dude has been spinning gold since AEW signed him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, Jericho has been loving earning that money, he's been working his rear end off since before day 1 for the promotion and it has been paying off hugely.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

$3m seems like a fuckin steal tbqh

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm not up on my wrestler pay schedules. How does 3M compare to what like Roman or Seth are getting? Or, like Mox? I know The Elite's situation is a little different since they were hired as VPs and happen to also be talent.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm assuming it's also just the base and doesn't include things like merch sales where he's probably also making a killing.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Imagine trying to justify 3m for randy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Randy Orton: I'm very tall.
Tony Khan: ....and?
Randy Orton: Weird, that always worked with Vince... :confused:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

In a fair wrestleworld Orton would get paid a lot more than 3 mill.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

The I heard about was him getting 6 figures per date with New Japan. Which is mad money but hey, that first match with Kenny alone massively increased NJPW World subs in the west.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

rare Magic card l00k posted:

In a fair wrestleworld Orton would get paid a lot more than 3 mill.

In a fair world Orton would have to pay 3 million to appear on television. Like a commercial

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Signing Orton for big money would be Dixie Carter levels of stupid.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Randy Orton is really over with middle aged housewives who are on the cusp or midst of empty nest syndrome.

Not really AEW's key demo.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I was shoveling snow and maybe not paying full attention but Dave seemed to imply that AEW offered either Punk or Edge at least 3M as well.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Edge I believe, though Dave specified that 3 million was the number Edge told WWE and couldn't say for certain if AEW actually did or not.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I was shoveling snow and maybe not paying full attention but Dave seemed to imply that AEW offered either Punk or Edge at least 3M as well.

I think that was more based on edge getting 3 mil so assuming aew did that so wwe matched it. Punk is a ??? dave assumes he turned down alot but then also theorized punk didn't think aew would last so didn't want to be involved regardless of what money was being thrown at him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Punk: I'd look like a fool if I lent my name to a product that nobody watched and died an ignominous and unmourned death... far better to get a gig on WWE Backstage!

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Punk: I'd look like a fool if I lent my name to a product that nobody watched and died an ignominous and unmourned death... far better to get a gig on WWE Backstage!

Best in the world

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Punk passed up fleecing a money mark and possibly getting a chance to call Vince McMahon naughty names on live TV. Is he even a wrestler anymore?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Punk didn't want to catch a shoot beatdown from Orange Cassidy

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

CM Punk and WWE deserve each other and I'm thankful he went back no matter how much he tries to say 'but im actually employed by fox'

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

I mean Fox might be paying him over a million to only show up every few weeks.

That AEW has long term stability is surprising. Also, he could be loving awesome as new lead commentator for AEW, if we can be honest JR should probably go soon.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

In a fair world Orton would have to pay 3 million to appear on television. Like a commercial

Not unless his sweat is a viable fuel alternative

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm sure Punk could have written his own schedule if he signed up with Khan. Did Punk learn nothing from all that time with Kevin Nash?

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Punk might have been afraid to fail again coming off of his failed UFC run.

Certain guys I could never see wrestling anywhere but WWE. Like I just can’t envision somebody like CM Punk or Randy Orton or Dolph Ziggler taking a risk when the safe WWE money is right there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Also Punk is a shithead

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

just when they think they got the answers, i go and do Ice Road Truckers rerun numbers

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Jericho is also very clearly taking his role as "backstage coach" super seriously and enjoys being the mentor.

Anyways I think a perfectly cromulent resolution to the Hangman angle would be for the Bucks and Cody to realize they've been kinda lovely friends to Page and have a heartfelt apology be what ends it. They don't need to turn anyone, and it might help sell a heel turn down the road if they can establish that the Elite guys do take their friendship seriously at the end of the day.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hahaha what

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Jericho needs that money to fundraise for Trump.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

It's very fair to say that Jericho has provided significantly more than 3 million in value for AEW, and only a minority of that comes from name recognition. He's done an astonishing job of making the promotion feel big-league through his ring work, his promotional efforts, and his work backstage. Yesterday was the four month anniversary of Dynamite being on the air and it already feels like a permanent part of the wrestling landscape, and Jericho deserves a lot of the thanks for that.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Butt weavers

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm sorry if the drunk sad cowboy hurts your feelings but people like us exist and you can't erase us just because it makes your stomach feel weird.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Neodoomium posted:

Anyways I think a perfectly cromulent resolution to the Hangman angle would be for the Bucks and Cody to realize they've been kinda lovely friends to Page and have a heartfelt apology be what ends it. They don't need to turn anyone, and it might help sell a heel turn down the road if they can establish that the Elite guys do take their friendship seriously at the end of the day.
I would love this.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

3m for Chris Jericho, even now, seems like highway robbery. Idk how he does it but gently caress, somehow in his twilight he's done some of his best work in his career in NJPW and AEW. Come to think of it I can't really recall if he's ever been injured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

What's weird about that number to me is that the company nets less than three million per pay-per-view, so one fourth of their PPV earnings go straight to Jericho.

But you gotta' spend money to make money, I suppose, and he's a draw.