Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Liquor is stored in the bung hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/people/status/1224136081207103496

https://twitter.com/MrPeanut/status/1224132938318667777

chitoryu12 has a new favorite as of 03:11 on Feb 3, 2020

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Baby Nut was my nickname in high school.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Holy poo poo people were saying they were going to make a Baby Mr Peanut as a joke and it's real, I loving hate brands so much.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That commercial is a poor execution of a bad plan.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I thought they were pulling the commercial because of the whole Kobe Bryant thing.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Platystemon posted:

a poor execution of a bad plan.

new thread title

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

*Kraft Heinz board room, late November 2019

"My kids are goin' crazy for this 'baby Yoda' thing. I dunno, I guess the next Star Wars movie is a prequel and he's a baby now? I don't loving know! Get the marketing people on it, if a baby version of an old thing is going to get all the likes and twitters it had better be one of ours!" -- does massive hit of coke.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I thought they were pulling the commercial because of the whole Kobe Bryant thing.

I'm pretty sure it was just the extended hoopla around the campaign they prematurely ejected. Like promotional tweets and giveaways (I believe they were planning to give out vigil candles). They weren't going to shift course from a really loving expensive commercial. And I bet it would've been really drat hard to back out when the Kool-Aid and Mr Clean people are breathing down their necks for their 5 second spotlight.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Mister Peanut’s twitter feed four or more twitter feeds are having a very normal one.

Let’s see if this embeds.

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1PlKQmRNZnNKE

https://twitter.com/BabyNutLOL/status/1224140064051138560

https://twitter.com/babynutmemes/status/1224159918246244352/photo/1

https://twitter.com/babynutmemes/status/1224153806470107139

SomeJazzyRat posted:

the Kool-Aid and Mr Clean people are breathing down their necks for their 5 second spotlight.

Not to mention the Oscar Mayer weinermen.

Why is the peanutmobile there? Do people usually drive their dead friend’s car to that dead friend’s own funeral?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
jesus christ are they seriously trying to astroturf a loving nut meme

yes of course they are OF loving COURSE THEY ARE

CAN DONNY JUST SUNDOWN HIS WAY INTO A TWEET THAT WILL NUCLEAR ARMAGEDDON US AWAY FROM THIS STUPID BULLSHIT

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
BABY. NUT.

I'm not surprised they're trying to pretend people think it's cute, it's their only way to overpower the fact that they called it BABY NUT.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I dunno, I prefer stupidly misguided and disingenuous ad campaigns to dying in nuclear hellfire, but maybe it's just me :shrug:

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Looking forward to them going the Groot direction with Baby Nut, Sullen Teenage Nut...

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
In a brilliant marketing move Fox News tries to capture 100% of their audience in an even echoier chamber of their own devising. With only entertainment that sells gold is American.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Beachcomber posted:

In a brilliant marketing move Fox News tries to capture 100% of their audience in an even echoier chamber of their own devising. With only entertainment that sells gold is American.

LARA LOGAN HAS NO AGENDA

THE BORDER CRISIS

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I dunno, I prefer stupidly misguided and disingenuous ad campaigns to dying in nuclear hellfire, but maybe it's just me :shrug:

nuclear hellfire is quick and only moderately agonizing as your flesh is flayed from your bones with searing-hot ionizing radiation, while this baby nut bullshit is going to be around forever

wizzardstaff posted:

Sullen Teenage Nut...

Boy, did I have a lot of those in high school.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

football. country music. firefighters. blondes. astronauts. AMERICA

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Un-PC. Bible Study.

I wonder how dire the comedy is.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Beachcomber posted:

Lol the super bowl ad for this had a bunch of 1 second clips about notable events, including Bill Clinton with the word SCANDAL superimposed over his face. Because when we think of newsworthy impeachment, an event from the mid-90s comes to mind.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

So...did the Kool-Aid Man always had the power to revive the dead or is this just a weird symbiosis thing between him and Mr. Peanut?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Shai-Hulud posted:

So...did the Kool-Aid Man always had the power to revive the dead or is this just a weird symbiosis thing between him and Mr. Peanut?

It's what plants crave.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I prefer rum with a reach around. Haven't lived till you've had a Rum Tum Tugger.
This deserves better than the end of the page

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Shai-Hulud posted:

So, the Peanut guy must have been certified dead, so is the new one a zombie?

Or did he come back from the dead after 3 days? Cause, that's kind of a ballsy move to compare your sandwich spread mascot to Jesus.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Platystemon posted:

Mister Peanut’s twitter feed four or more twitter feeds are having a very normal one.

Let’s see if this embeds.

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1PlKQmRNZnNKE

https://twitter.com/BabyNutLOL/status/1224140064051138560

https://twitter.com/babynutmemes/status/1224159918246244352/photo/1

https://twitter.com/babynutmemes/status/1224153806470107139

Not to mention the Oscar Mayer weinermen.

Why is the peanutmobile there? Do people usually drive their dead friend’s car to that dead friend’s own funeral?
The baby nut lol and baby nut memes accounts are now suspended. Were they really official?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
For dumb marketing move posterity, I would like it to be known that the MrPeanut channel on Twitter has a computer‐generated image of a baby anthropomorphic peanut, in a simulated nursery under the gaze of a simulated webcam.

This baby nut is soliciting and reacting to suggestions from its ravenous fans.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Shut up Meg posted:

So, the Peanut guy must have been certified dead, so is the new one a zombie?

Or did he come back from the dead after 3 days? Cause, that's kind of a ballsy move to compare your sandwich spread mascot to Jesus.
They Grooted him

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Splicer posted:

The baby nut lol and baby nut memes accounts are now suspended. Were they really official?

I don’t know.

What I can say is that they were new accounts that were retweeted multiple times by the official account, MrPeanut.

Maybe they were official and were shut down by Twitter for some violation of the Twitter rules, e.g. against sockpuppetry.

Maybe they were official and were shut down by Twitter at the request of Kraft Heinz or a firm employed by Kraft Heinz because the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing.

Maybe they were rogue accounts building followers to parlay into spamming.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Selling any kind of foodstuff with baby nut seems like shortsighted but I guess this is why I don't get paid Big Brand Bux

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Shai-Hulud posted:

Historically, Kool Aid has the exact opposite effect.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

*bursts from the grave after three days* OH YEAAAH!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

IShallRiseAgain posted:

That was Flavor Aid :colbert:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bobby Digital posted:

quote:

As a point of fact regarding the phrase itself, it is not known with certainty which of two grape powdered flavor mixes, Flavor Aid, Kool-Aid, or both were used to concoct the poison in Jonestown; the commune had both among their supplies.[8] Most sources surmise that Flavor-Aid was primary flavor ingredient used.[9][10]

e: since this is the marketing thread, the quote continues:

quote:

Shortly after the tragedy, manufacturers of both products addressed the matter by pointing out whether their company's particular drink mix was or was not used was irrelevant: a cyanide-laced poison had been created and used to kill people, and their or either respective product was misused as the vehicle to do so.[9]

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Platystemon posted:

e: since this is the marketing thread, the quote continues:

Shortly after the tragedy, manufacturers of both products addressed the matter by pointing out whether their company's particular drink mix was or was not used was irrelevant: a cyanide-laced poison had been created and used to kill people, and their or either respective product was misused as the vehicle to do so

I would love to see that marketing campaign.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This is Wikipedia’s source № 9, by the way.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So Mr. Peanut died and was reborn as Mr. Pander?

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Bobby Digital posted:

One giveth and one taketh away. There always have to be two!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

hyperhazard posted:

Lol the super bowl ad for this had a bunch of 1 second clips about notable events, including Bill Clinton with the word SCANDAL superimposed over his face. Because when we think of newsworthy impeachment, an event from the mid-90s comes to mind.

Boomers never forgot that Bill Clinton was impeached for lying. IT's pretty much the first thing they'll say about Clinton, that and pay for play :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Penguins.

DON'T JUDGE ME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNvKOzg03Es