Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I'd like to see stock price wriggle its way out of THIS jam!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

gently caress me I should have sold all I had and bought Tesla stock in summer.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Katt posted:

gently caress me I should have sold all I had and bought Tesla stock in summer.

Get in right now, there's another $19 left in that baby, guaranteed!!

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

punished milkman posted:

drat i love being perpetually wrong about real estate, politics, tesla stonk, the economy as a whole, etc. really owns

:hf:

i've just chalked it up to me being a dumb motherfucker who hasnt fully embrace the number, the grift, or historical blindness.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Captain Hygiene posted:

Get in right now, there's another $19 left in that baby, guaranteed!!

*Simulating me spending everything I have on Tesla stock*

Bookmarking this for next summer.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It's a bubble, they're always hella good right up until they're disastrously bad.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

The market something something longer than you something something...

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

An insane mind posted:

The market will go UP UP UP longer than you can afford not to invest

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
No, it's true, it's going to $1000, then split, and go to $10K

Dumb, bad car company with lousy murder-vehicles will be worth more than all other companies, because nothing makes sense, and the world is stupid and doomed.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

you could just play roulette, quicker payoff

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

baka kaba posted:

you could just play russian roulette, quicker payoff

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

or just spring for FSD

bazinga blackjack

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1222937628250705921?s=20

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

punished milkman posted:

drat i love being perpetually wrong about real estate, politics, tesla stonk, the economy as a whole, etc. really owns

Tesla is quite obviously worth more than Honda and General Motors combined. That's just basic economics. Consider that between the two of them, they don't have even a single Cybertruck.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:actually:

quote:

General Motors has confirmed it’s resurrecting the Hummer nameplate for a new all-electric truck that will have 1,000 horsepower on offer and go from 0 to 60 miles per hour in three seconds, according to new teaser images and videos released today. The new electric Hummer truck will break cover during a Super Bowl ad this coming Sunday, and will be treated to a full reveal on May 20th. It’s due out in late 2021.

The resurrected Hummer will be made and sold under the GMC brand at GM’s Detroit-Hamtramck factory, which the automaker is pumping $2.2 billion into as it gears up to mass-produce electric vehicles.

No word on range, which is presumably "to the end of the driveway".

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Vox Nihili posted:

Tesla is quite obviously worth more than Honda and General Motors combined. That's just basic economics. Consider that between the two of them, they don't have even a single Cybertruck.

GM just announced the hummer is coming back as a 1000hp electric truck. I can't say if I'm excited to see the sperging from Tesla nutjobs or rolling my eyes at the impracticality.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

gschmidl posted:

But can it tow a million bajillion pound load straight off the production line? I think not, checkmate traditional automakers :smuggo:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

what do you get if you combine Tesla's impressive 0-60 speed, unintended acceleration, and reverse gear??

https://twitter.com/TESLAcharts/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
If they want to get into a new brodozer race like in the early 00's, at least it's nice that they're EVs.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

It's amazing what you can do when you throw size and weight constraints to the goddamn wind

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
So he's doing EDM now...?
https://soundcloud.com/user-209448905/dont-doubt-ur-vibe

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

gschmidl posted:

:actually:

if it's anything like the one Arnold Schwarzeneggar had electrified it'll have ~300 km of range.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Admiral Ray posted:

if it's anything like the one Arnold Schwarzeneggar had electrified it'll have ~300 km of range.

quote:

Move over Elon, Arnold Schwarzenegger spotted driving his electric Hummer H1

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/elon-arnold-schwarzenegger-electric-hummer-h1

Bearded Whiteguy
Mar 2, 2018

I APPROPRIATE THE PLIGHT OF OTHER RACES TO FILL THE VOID OF BEING A FAT USELESS FUCK

Was just about to post this absurd awful poo poo. Instead, here’s the Japanese billionaire giving up on buying a wife for the moon mission he’s going to do in 2023:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51306366

quote:

In January, the 44-year-old advertised online for women to accompany him to space.

The website featured a list of conditions and criteria, including: they had to be single; over the age of 20; and with an interest in going to space.

Just one woman would be picked, with the process supposed to be turned into a matchmaking documentary called "Full Moon Lovers".

:stonk:

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
...think about it, she's out in the middle of deep space with some dude she barely knows, you know, she looks around and what does she see: nothing but hard vacuum. "oh, what am I gonna do, say no?"

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punished milkman posted:

when a market’s built entirely on massive fraud and given multi-billion dollar cash infusions to keep things running, it’s hard to predict when exactly reality will crash in and it’ll explode :shrug:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/realdanlyons/status/1223614584587804672
I can't tell if this is real or fake

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
...i can't tell if you're joking or not

i mean, sure it's believable, but no, twitter user @realdanlyons is a parody account and has been posting poo poo like this for years

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

*taps side of forehead* Can't breathe in the virus if you can't breathe

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Glad to see Musk put the Xenomorph facehugger to good use.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

he'd ship the xenomorph back from mars AND post facehugger memes about it

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

infernal machines posted:

...i can't tell if you're joking or not

i mean, sure it's believable, but no, twitter user @realdanlyons is a parody account and has been posting poo poo like this for years

It just seemed like another dumb grifter idea to mark something up another 10x times.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

lol that i briefly genuinely believed musk would kramer into the office and yell at his car engineers to start curing the corona virus

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

first thought

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1224087317364854785

Looks like FSD is only a month and 3 days away

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The real hackathon starts when the saudis don't get the promised roi

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

FAUXTON posted:

The real hackathon starts when the saudis don't get the promised roi

haha lol irl

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

bonesaw says

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lol watch Azalea show up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

"Hackathon" aka "work on autopilot for us for free because oh god we cant get it working and we need something to show investors but we also dont want to hire or pay anyone"