Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The cynic in me thinks this is counter-propaganda staged to make it look like China isn't trying to hide anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Agronox posted:

I suspect people may begin to get more familiar with the term "locked limit down."

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF posted:

Zheijiang is 2 provinces over from Hubei. Wonder if we'll eventually see repercussions for the Hubei officials, given that from what I can gather they didn't report this to the Chinese government until it was already several weeks undergone.

Execution via anti-aircraft gun would be a decent start

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
2019 Novel Coronavirus is such a stupid name. Can we start calling it WARS already?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

BoldFace posted:

2019 Novel Coronavirus is such a stupid name. Can we start calling it WARS already?

Don't worry, the World Health Organization is hard on work on naming the virus instead of telling countries they have to restrict travel!

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

BoldFace posted:

DNCCPF-CoV. Definitely Not the CCP's Fault Coronavirus.

In keeping with the WHO being all over the CCP's jock.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

missouri had that bill on the table to allow for open air cremations but it was literally because some senator was a star wars fan instead of for like a legitimate religious reason lol

not sure if it ever passed though, remember hearing about it like 2 years ago but i can't find anything else on it

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SchrodingersCat posted:

I keep seeing a very obviously staged video of a group of 20 "cured patients" leaving a Chinese hospital, all in a massive group, and they are all happy and smiling and waving and I'm like, bitch please, that's not how that works. When you leave a hospital you are usually still half-dead, not happily walking around under your own power.
while i don't doubt that it could be staged i think this is not just a chinese government communism thing. japanese media staging events with the government for the cameras i think is pretty common (and to an extent in the U.S. as well). lots of "lights, camera, action" stuff and then everyone starts acting like they're in a news event.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1224159617074200577

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

OK so that Caixin article I posted was legitimate I guess now that it's being concurred by other sources. I'm very aware of the NYT being an imperial lie outlet but no more than the Chinese outlets really. Two different sources going "They do not remotely have the resources to properly diagnose this massive wave" is enough for me, particularly when one is being actively censored for potential to cause panic.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i stopped watching the stream last night and went to bed, did the russian guy make it out of china

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

missouri had that bill on the table to allow for open air cremations but it was literally because some senator was a star wars fan instead of for like a legitimate religious reason lol

not sure if it ever passed though, remember hearing about it like 2 years ago but i can't find anything else on it

why would open air cremations not be allowed

if the family wants to burn the body outside and pretend theyre vikings for some reason i say let em

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

SKULL.GIF posted:

Zheijiang is 2 provinces over from Hubei. Wonder if we'll eventually see repercussions for the Hubei officials, given that from what I can gather they didn't report this to the Chinese government until it was already several weeks undergone.

Hubei officials are already probably dead men walking. Removing them from their posts or their mortal coils would look bad right now but I'd guess heads will roll after the epidemic.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Shear Modulus posted:

why would open air cremations not be allowed

if the family wants to burn the body outside and pretend theyre vikings for some reason i say let em

ive seen some people arguing about particulate matter / environmental concerns but honestly it sounds like it's almost completely because of it being a scary foreign practice

iirc there's one colorado town where it's legal for some reason, but it's banned everywhere else in the us

but yeah even that bill only exists because they sold it as "the jedi disposal act."

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

ive seen some people arguing about particulate matter / environmental concerns but honestly it sounds like it's almost completely because of it being a scary foreign practice

iirc there's one colorado town where it's legal for some reason, but it's banned everywhere else in the us

but yeah even that bill only exists because they sold it as "the jedi disposal act."

In Washington State you can mulch bodies.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

In Washington State you can mulch bodies.

if Fargo is to be believed Minnesota too

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FRINGE posted:

Making fun of a thing that actually exists and happened is simply out of bounds!

We must all eat a bat in humble contrition as a show of unity for the small weak country of China. :rolleyes:

Sounds pretty sacred to me

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

if you start open-air burning bodies then you're practically inviting vikings to come and raid your village, it's just a bad idea

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

have the deaths hit double digits outside of china yet?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CODChimera posted:

have the deaths hit double digits outside of china yet?

no.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I posted this in the other thread.

I’m currently waiting to take off on an Eva airlines flight from LA to Taipei.

90+% of the passengers are wearing masks. Everyone I’ve seen has Clorox or some other type of wipe and is wiping everything down.

All of the flight crew have masks on.

RIP me because I’m not planning on putting my mask on till I land and transfer haha.

There’s a few other dumbass white people like me not wearing masks though.

Edit: Quite a few people are wearing safety glasses too lol

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

you can get it through your eyes

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Any moist orifice is an infection vector.

Muahahaha

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

silicone thrills posted:

Muahahaha

during contagions, horny is prohibited

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

Muahahaha

*Insert your mom joke here*

It is nice to see people being proactive about cleaning stuff on the plane that’s for sure.

I’ve never seen it before.

TBH it should be a common practice with how disgusting the tray tables and stuff are.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

silicone thrills posted:

Muahahaha

it owns Zika was also sexually transmitted lol

and it also apparently hosed up male fertility pretty bad too

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

eyes are supposed to be moist??

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

snoo posted:

eyes are supposed to be moist??

they make drops for that.

*made in china*

*staff at factory has virus*

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

MarcusSA posted:

*Insert your mom joke here*

It is nice to see people being proactive about cleaning stuff on the plane that’s for sure.

I’ve never seen it before.

TBH it should be a common practice with how disgusting the tray tables and stuff are.

Passenger shaming instagram account has made me a little more aware that people think it's OK to put their bare feet all over the plane.

I'm not germaphobic at all but I also don't want foot cheese on my food tray so saniwipe it is.

Jk. I'm too busy being really uncomfortable to think about anything else but the back pain from the seat the entire time I'm stuck in the misery tube.

silicone thrills fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Feb 3, 2020

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

MarcusSA posted:

I posted this in the other thread.

I’m currently waiting to take off on an Eva airlines flight from LA to Taipei.

90+% of the passengers are wearing masks. Everyone I’ve seen has Clorox or some other type of wipe and is wiping everything down.

All of the flight crew have masks on.

RIP me because I’m not planning on putting my mask on till I land and transfer haha.

There’s a few other dumbass white people like me not wearing masks though.

Edit: Quite a few people are wearing safety glasses too lol

What is it about China-related topics that compels posters with terminal cases of gibbis brain to migrate here?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I always get sick when I fly so decontaminating everything within a 20 foot radius like some kind of goony Howard Hughes isn't a bad idea

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAzR8zdM3OA

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I always get sick when I fly so decontaminating everything within a 20 foot radius like some kind of goony Howard Hughes isn't a bad idea

leaving the safety of your gooncave carries certain unavoidable risks

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

MarcusSA posted:

Everyone I’ve seen has Clorox or some other type of wipe and is wiping everything down.
If people cleaned stuff everywhere they went all the time it would be a good thing.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

FRINGE posted:

If people cleaned stuff everywhere they went all the time it would be a good thing.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

God I love that sound when the germs appear.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

God I love that sound when the germs appear.

pretty sure its from x files

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h22uDhaWiY&t=21s

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Prankster nabbed for lying down at a mall entrance, pretending to collapse due to nCoV

quote:

A man from [Legazpi City, Philippines] was arrested by the police on Sunday afternoon after pretending to be a victim of novel Coronavirus (nCoV) which he later claimed was just a prank.

Police Captain Dexter Panganiban, Albay Police Provincial Office spokesperson identified the arrested person as Marlon De Vera, a resident of Purok 2, Barangay Bigaa, Legazpi City.

Panganiban narrated that the suspect laid down at the entrance of a mall here, pretending to be a victim of nCoV while a companion was taking video at around 6 p.m. on Sunday.

“The security guard of Yashano Mall identified as Rolando Frondozo y Dioquino saw a man slowly walking in front of the mall and upon reaching the entrance gate, the suspect laid down and pretended that he was a victim of the corona virus, or a prank on Corona virus while his cohort was taking a video of him. As a result, the customers inside the establishment went out due to fear,” he said.

Panganiban said, police was already preparing a case of alarm and scandal against the suspect.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

seasonal limits possibly. lots of viruses spread easier in winter. that said if this isnt contained and it reaches hundreds of thousands or millions of cases by the spring, even if it slows down considerably itll come roaring back next winter. but that could also give time for a vaccine.
I live in Australia where we have no winter so I'm all good.

What are the conditions like in Wuhan anyway? There doesn't seem to be much info except from state news agencies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Budzilla posted:

I live in Australia where we have no winter so I'm all good.

What are the conditions like in Wuhan anyway? There doesn't seem to be much info except from state news agencies.

There are a bunch of people who have posted videos from inside Wuhan, it's basically an empty city right now while people quarantine themselves indoors. Occasionally they suit up to go to the local market for essential supplies.

This one's funny because at one point he says he's buying supplies for the next decade but then basically just loads on cheetos and dew, definitely a goon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrZCXZktwWs

and this one got posted before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luztqxUBvZo