Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Most of the challenges have very good first time bonuses, and by doing that you can judge the difficulty of doing more runs immediately versus coming back later.

I did my troll challenges by rebirthing after every big troll, which works out to every 7-10 minutes. I didn't feel going faster than that would have done much, it's already a micromanagement heavy affair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Tortolia posted:

Most of the challenges have very good first time bonuses, and by doing that you can judge the difficulty of doing more runs immediately versus coming back later.

I did my troll challenges by rebirthing after every big troll, which works out to every 7-10 minutes. I didn't feel going faster than that would have done much, it's already a micromanagement heavy affair.

I found that as long as the first Big Troll wasn't one of the run-ending ones (like disabling NGUs) then getting to 15 minutes for the big bump in time multiplier was usually a benefit. The second 10 minutes is a lot less intense than the first 10 minutes.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Idle Cards pushed an update with a fourth pack of cards. It deletes your cards but keeps your resources, deliberately, since the cards were somehow incompatible with the new storage format but keeping the resources lets you rebuy most of what you had right away.

And base offline earning is nerfed to five hours, though apparently fourth-pack cards will buff that.

edit: lmao, Smoke Break got nerfed to kill your employees every tick, that's hilariously on the nose

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 3, 2020

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Idle Cards pushed an update with a fourth pack of cards. It deletes your cards but keeps your resources, deliberately, since the cards were somehow incompatible with the new storage format but keeping the resources lets you rebuy most of what you had right away.

And base offline earning is nerfed to five hours, though apparently fourth-pack cards will buff that.

edit: lmao, Smoke Break got nerfed to kill your employees every tick, that's hilariously on the nose

if you come back and manage to get aristocratic leadership and santa it's pretty much gg, the amount of money the combo makes outpaces everything else by a factor of 1000, and the new cards make audits good for some reason. Gonna imagine a lot of that's gonna get retuned at some point, but i'll be done again with maybe one overnight run

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Are Big Chonker cards the most efficient? Haven't gotten a top tier normal card and chonker of the same type to compare.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Yes, they're essentially a pile of maxxed out hot damns (1.2 multi if you go by the wtf explanation) rolled into one card.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Eldercain posted:

if you come back and manage to get aristocratic leadership and santa it's pretty much gg, the amount of money the combo makes outpaces everything else by a factor of 1000, and the new cards make audits good for some reason. Gonna imagine a lot of that's gonna get retuned at some point, but i'll be done again with maybe one overnight run

Is Aristocratic Leadership a rare one-off card like Santa? I've got the latter but not the former. Having a hard time earning enough Funds to purchase more Pro packs.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Klungar posted:

Is Aristocratic Leadership a rare one-off card like Santa? I've got the latter but not the former. Having a hard time earning enough Funds to purchase more Pro packs.

Turns out yes. As far as I can tell it's the only thing that can support Santa's monsters appetite, and after that it absolutely dwarfs all other money production.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
NGU Progress
Beat Walderp for the 5th time, and my Beardverse set is Maxx'd, is this a good time probably to start working on more challenges? Namely troll. I have the EXP & Magic Cap to auto start Fruit of Numbers. Just debating on what the next move is... Or should I try for some McGuffin(s) first? Or would it be more prudent to push for PP to get the ITOPOD McGuffin drops? Those, I'm halfway there already.

Or I should sink more EXP into my E&P, which are at 300mil & 100mil, respectively.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 6, 2020

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Manuel Calavera posted:

NGU Progress
Beat Walderp for the 5th time, and my Beardverse set is Maxx'd, is this a good time probably to start working on more challenges? Namely troll. I have the EXP & Magic Cap to auto start Fruit of Numbers. Just debating on what the next move is... Or should I try for some McGuffin(s) first? Or would it be more prudent to push for PP to get the ITOPOD McGuffin drops? Those, I'm halfway there already.

Or I should sink more EXP into my E&P, which are at 300mil & 100mil, respectively.

As I understand it, MacGuffins are just not that good, and they're outright terrible for a while. I got my first one over a month ago, and despite taking time out of doing other things to get more copies of it so it could get leveled up, the total accumulated bonus to my energy power is 1.054%. I'd say maybe grab the PP to start getting the fragments passively while offline, but other than that I wouldn't put things off for them until you have so much AP that you can buy a bunch more slots.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I wouldn't bother with the IPTOPD mac unless you've already got a ton of other more valuable ones (you dont). Pushing challenges might be good depending on how good your PAWGs are relative to challenges already done. Wouldn't bother going past FoL on ygg until you have pom 24+ FoK 24 either (to my understanding)

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
In Realm Grinder, why do I care about offline Mana regeneration?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Eldercain posted:

Turns out yes. As far as I can tell it's the only thing that can support Santa's monsters appetite, and after that it absolutely dwarfs all other money production.

Well poop. I can’t figure out the engine to create a bunch of Funds and Artifacts at the same time, or Negative Evidence to fuel funds. Just gonna be a long grind and pray the next booster will have it.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I wouldn't bother with the IPTOPD mac unless you've already got a ton of other more valuable ones (you dont). Pushing challenges might be good depending on how good your PAWGs are relative to challenges already done. Wouldn't bother going past FoL on ygg until you have pom 24+ FoK 24 either (to my understanding)

I have the first row (save for rich perk) and the Fruit of Beta, so far. And uh, not at my computer to check the others vhr I've got some of the other highly recommended perms. PAWGs? I am terrible with acronyms, please forgive my ignorance.

But also thank you for the advice folks. 💜

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

In NGU, I finally got to V2 of the latest Titan with the help of cards and the items are... underwhelming. I'm not even sure if they're going to make it into my normal equipment setup.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most
Oh looks like Idle Wizard has a 1.0 update with a second meta reset layer now, sort of similar to cookie clicker's. They also split up the paragon levels into the pure mysteries track that resets on new prestige, and the accomplishments that don't.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Pope Guilty posted:

In Realm Grinder, why do I care about offline Mana regeneration?

It's possible to autocast while offline, and your mana generation and spells (including offline) cast count towards various achievements

Or so I remember

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Manuel Calavera posted:

I have the first row (save for rich perk) and the Fruit of Beta, so far. And uh, not at my computer to check the others vhr I've got some of the other highly recommended perms. PAWGs? I am terrible with acronyms, please forgive my ignorance.

But also thank you for the advice folks. 💜

Power Augment Wandoos Gold, your challenge NGUs.

idk sounds like you should think about grabbing boosted boosts I, NGU perks, poop, or maybe another digger slot.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Power Augment Wandoos Gold, your challenge NGUs.

idk sounds like you should think about grabbing boosted boosts I, NGU perks, poop, or maybe another digger slot.

Ohhh, gotcha. Those are at least 770 each, and Those are at 30 (boosts), 5 (NGU) and got them both (first digger slot, I have 5 slots currently.) Seems like I should work on challenges then.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Manuel Calavera posted:

NGU Progress

You're hitting the part of the game where zone advancement slows dows more than it has before, so don't be alarmed. Farm up walderp's set until max so you get the two extra accessories. By then, you'll be ready to move on. It's a good time to start understanding how NGU priorities can make/break your progress. If you invested in banks, those too (but don't if you haven't).

IMO if you do a challenge run, maybe do the first of each one, and MAYBE troll up to #3. then get back to the grind.

Start to be aware that your next big focus is getting YGG Pom and FoG up to 24, then FoK, then all the FoK perks. Then, you'll want to build Magic more until you can BB the NGUs for Ygg and EXP. The moment you hit all those goals (a few zones later), the whole game changes.

Also, keep BDW gun and hat, and farm for stealthiest chest for sure.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Cobalt60 posted:

Also, keep BDW gun and hat, and farm for stealthiest chest for sure.

If you want to do the challenge runs, these two items plus getting the early fruit of power activation will allow you to at least knock out the first time bonuses for challenges in relatively short time. Don't feel the need to complete them ASAP, however. You should work more on getting towards the Beast for now.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks again.
I could ask the discord, but lol I'm an old that prefers forums over discord because those chats move way to fast for me. I'll get started on some more challenges tomorrow then, because that seems like a good next goal for immediate progress. Getting the 24 hour fruits.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Manuel Calavera posted:

Thanks again.
I could ask the discord, but lol I'm an old that prefers forums over discord because those chats move way to fast for me. I'll get started on some more challenges tomorrow then, because that seems like a good next goal for immediate progress. Getting the 24 hour fruits.

for fruits the best order is gold -> pomegranate -> knowledge -> luck for 24 hours

you can get the others one up earlier, but Knowledge24 with the Yggs perks and Yggsdrasil/Exp buffs will give you a poo poo ton of experience

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

haha, wow, why wasn't mayo recycling the first thing i bought jesus.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Finally unlocked Hacks in NGU and... good Lord are the R3 upgrades in the EXP store expensive. Even a single point of speed is going to take a couple days to get. :shepface:

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~

Dragonatrix posted:

Finally unlocked Hacks in NGU and... good Lord are the R3 upgrades in the EXP store expensive. Even a single point of speed is going to take a couple days to get. :shepface:

Don’t worry. Your numbers will go up.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

The power jump when Hacks first came out was huge if you already had it unlocked, is it a slower burn in normal gameplay now?

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

I just unlocked hacks 2 days ago. I make 12-15M exp/day, which is worth about .4 power and 20k cap. With just the starting 10k R3 I've unlocked the first milestone for adventure and A/D and not much beyond that.

I feel like continuing to pump up EM is worth more to me now, I'm still not at the point where I feel like it's worth switching to evil NGUs.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mr. Peepers posted:

I just unlocked hacks 2 days ago. I make 12-15M exp/day, which is worth about .4 power and 20k cap. With just the starting 10k R3 I've unlocked the first milestone for adventure and A/D and not much beyond that.

I feel like continuing to pump up EM is worth more to me now, I'm still not at the point where I feel like it's worth switching to evil NGUs.

getting level 100 evidence helps hacks greatly

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Mr. Peepers posted:

I just unlocked hacks 2 days ago. I make 12-15M exp/day

Uhh, stupid question perhaps but... how? I make about 2-2.5M exp a day and I sure don't think I'm missing anything that'd make up that gap.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Dragonatrix posted:

Uhh, stupid question perhaps but... how? I make about 2-2.5M exp a day and I sure don't think I'm missing anything that'd make up that gap.

Do you have 24h fruit, fruit of knowledge doesn't suck and good Ygg / XP NGUs? You seemed to imply you have been ignoring the Evil NGUs, which could be part of your problem. I could be way off base for that part of the game though it's been awhile but I'm fairly certain your around the time that starts to pick up.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Dragonatrix posted:

level 24 fruit of knowledge is good when you have the fok sucks perks, first harvest perks, and NGUs running at max

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

24h FoK, 77M normal NGUs on Ygg and about 2k evil NGUs. Always always always remember to turn on the exp digger before harvesting, it counts too!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

pixaal posted:

Do you have 24h fruit, fruit of knowledge doesn't suck and good Ygg / XP NGUs? You seemed to imply you have been ignoring the Evil NGUs, which could be part of your problem. I could be way off base for that part of the game though it's been awhile but I'm fairly certain your around the time that starts to pick up.

Yeah, I have all of page 1 of Ygg at 24 hours, both FoK perks, First Harvest perk maxed and 10M Ygg/EXP Normal NGU and 156 Ygg/3 EXP Evil NGU. I've definitely been ignoring Evil NGUs across the board for now, but that's because they take a ton more resources for about half the gain, and my Magic is usually tied up in Blood production.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Dragonatrix posted:

Yeah, I have all of page 1 of Ygg at 24 hours, both FoK perks, First Harvest perk maxed and 10M Ygg/EXP Normal NGU and 156 Ygg/3 EXP Evil NGU. I've definitely been ignoring Evil NGUs across the board for now, but that's because they take a ton more resources for about half the gain, and my Magic is usually tied up in Blood production.
your normal NGUS are actually really low and should probably be closer to 5 times as much as what you have now.

run the evil NGUs to the softcap and then ignore them

you should always be investing enough magic into the normal Yggs/Exp NGUs so the bar is full before spending it elsewhere

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 7, 2020

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I'm having trouble with transitioning to Exile v3, let alone v4; So far when it comes to Titans I've slowly coasted to the point autokills become available and then moved up in versions, but the high Exile autokill thresholds combined with no other gear set to work on post-Radlands means I'm not really sure how to proceed. Should I be aiming for manual kills only and then move to Sadistic as soon as I can nail a manual kill on v4, leaving autokill farming for much later?

I'm already just about capped on Adventure Energy NGU Evil, and about 630 Million into Adventure Magic NGU Evil, so I don't think there's much more to gain there. Is the play here just a slow build off of Advanced Training?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I'm in the same place. I can manual kill Exile V3, but get one-shot by V4. I have super high Adv Training, NGU's and I'm slowly working on Adventure Stats via Blood and Cards. I guess this was originally the end of the game so there aren't anymore mechanics to get me over this hump, just 24hr rebirths,' Blood, Fruit's and now Hacks/Cards.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm just about in the same place, but I'm only now able to slowly farm some Radlands gear after a 16 day and counting rebirth. Do you still find it beneficial to keep doing 24 hour rebirths? I still don't have the Bank V started for Adv Training yet so maybe that has something to do with it, but I was planning on at least trying to finish all the pieces to the Radlands set before rebirthing again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's worthwhile to, once you're close to being able to idle a new zone, take a break from 24hrs in order to get over the mark and then farm up the new gear set.

Good spot to use those β potions you've been accumulating too.