Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Catfishenfuego posted:

A decent summary of a large chunk of the second season is 'Archie vs. The Zodiac Killer'.

Wow he fought Ted Cruz??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Mostly it's just loving insane. Archie Andrews accidently starts ISIS in the second season

That sounds about as batshit as the Archie/Predator crossover book.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
that... that is not what i expected

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Riverdale is bananas and while I would never dare to call it good, I would definitely call it essential viewing.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Riverdale is an experience. It definitely feels like one of those shows that tries to see how far it can go and Archie being a beautiful innocent all star basketball player/emotional sensitive musician/FBI informant/masked vigilante is part of it's craziness. I kind of fell off the show in season 2 as the supporting cast seemed to stay stagnant in their campy ways but it's worth a curious watch.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

My favorite bit of Riverdale is Betty struggling with the fact she has serial killer genes. And also Veronica is a bootlegger, I think? Mostly to piss of Hiram?

Principal Hellmann
Jul 29, 2006
"I'm sending you to dentention FOREVER, LIEMAN!"
Diversity and Comics just got the license to The Expendables...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-expendables-go-to-hell-graphic-novel#/

Weird...

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
stallone is chud from what ive heard so i wonder what the pitch to him was

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Expendables Ad Copy posted:

LEE CHRISTMAS- Brit. KNIFE-FIGHTER. Second-in-command. UNLUCKY in love.
GUNNER JENSEN- Swede. GIANT. Genius. SELF-MEDICATES with alcohol & street pharmaceuticals.
YIN YANG- Chinese. RAGE-QUITS the team every year or so. Back for now (he's BROKE).
TOLL ROAD- American. NEUROTIC. Small Unit Combat Operations are his version of GROUP THERAPY.

Make sure TO emphasize the most awkward WORD YOU can.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Is Richard Meyer involved with that? I just see Chuck Dixon and Graham Nolan.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Roth posted:

Is Richard Meyer involved with that? I just see Chuck Dixon and Graham Nolan.

The IGG is in his name.

Edit: LOL at the 'this will show IDW how it's DONE when it comes to licensed books' in the comments. Pretty sure they're feeling fine and don't regret this hidden gem slipping through their fingers.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

'Yin Yang'.

'Toll Road'.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Why would God fearing American soldiers go to hell when they die?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

E the Shaggy posted:

Why would God fearing American soldiers go to hell when they die?

'cause they're afraid of God.

duh.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

B33rChiller posted:

That sounds about as batshit as the Archie/Predator crossover book.

People do keep forgetting that Archie had a team-up with The Punisher. I have no interest in watching Riverdale, but I wouldn't put anything past that show.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
https://twitter.com/JasonJohnsonArt/status/1223842323940794369?s=20

"Worth every penny"

Oh so they just paid for the privilege of doing it. All this stuff about "working with Stallone" is most likely bullshit and they probably just pumped all their cash from other projects to get this one.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Riverdale is incredible and insane. Season 3 has split plotlines as Archie ends up in prison for murder and is forced into an underground prison bare-knuckle boxing ring, while the rest of the gang investigates suicide D&D.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1224018333382729729

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Maybe the only thing we think when looking at your art is boobs because all you did was take a stick figure and pin some water balloons to her front?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
SHES USING HER TITS TO DESTROY YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

E the Shaggy posted:

Oh so they just paid for the privilege of doing it. All this stuff about "working with Stallone" is most likely bullshit and they probably just pumped all their cash from other projects to get this one.

I'm particularly wary of the claim on the basis that you'd think a Stallone-backed project wouldn't need to resort to crowd-funding.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Part of the charm of the Expendables was watching a bunch of washed up 80s action stars doing a movie together. The movies themselves sucked, and the characters themselves suck too. Making a comic book based on the property missed the actual novelty of the movies and they might as well take a Losers comic, scratch out the name and write in Expendables over it. It will have the same effect.

Edit: forgot to mention that it's a waste of Graham Nolan's art. drat Nolan what happened to you? I loved your stuff in the 90s

Madkal fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 2, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Madkal posted:

Edit: forgot to mention that it's a waste of Graham Nolan's art. drat Nolan what happened to you? I loved your stuff in the 90s

Yeah, I wonder when he went chud. He might be ComicsGate's best artist now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Madkal posted:

Part of the charm of the Expendables was watching a bunch of washed up 80s action stars doing a movie together. The movies themselves sucked, and the characters themselves suck too. Making a comic book based on the property missed the actual novelty of the movies and they might as well take a Losers comic, scratch out the name and write in Expendables over it. It will have the same effect.

Plus I bet they don't have likeness rights to most of the actors, so it's just gonna be Stallone and a bunch of random dudes.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Nolan's linked with Chuck Dixon who is a straight up white supremacist.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

E the Shaggy posted:

Nolan's linked with Chuck Dixon who is a straight up white supremacist.

Is he? poo poo, I knew he was a bit of a CHUD, but I like his old Robin and Nightwing stuff.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Is he? poo poo, I knew he was a bit of a CHUD, but I like his old Robin and Nightwing stuff.

He was writing a story for Vox Day with "Alt Comics" or whatever it was called. It was about how Nazis were good but were twisted by Hitler. Some deep insanity right there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

E the Shaggy posted:

He was writing a story for Vox Day with "Alt Comics" or whatever it was called. It was about how Nazis were good but were twisted by Hitler. Some deep insanity right there.

Jesus wept.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Restorative Justice might be an aspect of it* but the bit about traditional methods and the MEChA-like logo makes me think it's fake rear end poo poo like sweatlodge sage-burning and drumming

*For those that care, Restorative Justice is basically the practice of avoiding criminalization of student behavioral issues. Like PoC were getting suspensions for talking back and disproportionately being cited for tardiness and a host of other poo poo, so the approach now is more time intensive (touchy feely) approaches like counseling interventions.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I've said this before but go back and read some of Dixon's work now it's impossible not to notice what his politics are

Stephanie Brown's entire character arc was basically a pro-lifer fantasy.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

E the Shaggy posted:

Hitler was like the seventh member of the proto Nazi party! So what, the first six guys were okay?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nessus posted:

Hitler was like the seventh member of the proto Nazi party! So what, the first six guys were okay?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the comic book isn't going to be very historically accurate.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Skwirl posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the comic book isn't going to be very historically accurate.
Probably going to be the reverse of this classic:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The best/worst part of this is that this is literally a character design from Phoenix Wright with the name slightly altered and the chest expanded. https://aceattorney.fandom.com/wiki/Mia_Fey

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Another Chuck Dixon "hit":

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

E the Shaggy posted:

Unfortunately, he's not.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

E the Shaggy posted:

I think the only word I disagree with on that cover is "Hero".

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
imagine wanting to take credit for a cullen bunn book

https://twitter.com/cullenbunn/status/1224381359814316034

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

site posted:

Sixth Gun is good and maybe he just had one good idea but it was a really good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

Why on earth would someone do this? It's gonna gently caress up their own career immensely.