Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Nier Laundrymat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

nioh automata

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

To me, the Hitman style of selling confusingly-titled DLC combos reeks of "We offer you the CHOICE of CHOOSING the best Hitman package for you and your family" and it's just not worth it

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jay Rust posted:

To me, the Hitman style of selling confusingly-titled DLC combos reeks of "We offer you the CHOICE of CHOOSING the best Hitman package for you and your family" and it's just not worth it

That's not what the first game was though. It was literally just an episodic game that didn't force you to pay upfront.

IIRC there was some bullshit around the usual special editions but the core game had a really solid model.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
help I can't stop playing Enter the Gungeon

I keep thinking I'm like sick of it after a lovely run but it pulls me back in

I may never escape my bullet-ey grave

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

help I can't stop playing Enter the Gungeon

I keep thinking I'm like sick of it after a lovely run but it pulls me back in

I may never escape my bullet-ey grave

enter the gungeon is one of the most miserable, frustrating games i've played. it sucks. i have played it for 103 hours

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Looking forward to Platinum's take on Pikmin 4

that's the wonderful 101!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cowcaster posted:

nioh automata

Mahty... Mahty it's me Neah... Neah Ottomatta, eyyyyy

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
4 is the number of new playable wonderful ones they're adding

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
So Daemon X Machina is coming to PC on Feb 13. Very glad I didn't buy the Switch release.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ex machina was pretty good

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

ex machina was pretty good

think about how good it would be if it also had daemons

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

So Daemon X Machina is coming to PC on Feb 13. Very glad I didn't buy the Switch release.

That is a bit of a surprise, I thought Nintendo owned the IP. I had been thinking of buying the Switch version, but going to wait now.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I said come in! posted:

That is a bit of a surprise, I thought Nintendo owned the IP. I had been thinking of buying the Switch version, but going to wait now.

I was going to get it on sale anyway so this just makes that sale faster to arrive

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Did anyone here happen to buy the Japanese version of Granblue Fantasy Versus? I was wondering if that version of the game has an english text option, or maybe if the general Asia release that came out today too, has it? I don't want to be patient for the American version.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
restarted ori and the blind forest because i still thought the sequel was coming out next week, and because i have apparently been cursed by a wily djinn to only play metroidvanias all winter

i remember public opinion on it turning a little after the initial rave reviews, but it's still solid. ori himself controls better than any of the other metroidvania protags i've played over the last few months (blasphemous, wonder boy, the messenger, loving horace) - even before you start unlocking his skills, he's such a fluid and zippy little critter that getting around the stages themselves is a pleasant experience

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Ori felt less like a metroivania and more like a game that asks you to explore a bit to find the next required location. Its strength definitely lies in the quality of the platforming rather than the quality of the map

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Iceborne is bringing the heat when it comes to armour sets, especially for Palicos

Wish the same can be said for weapon designs, but goddamn do I love seeing what armour sets I'm gonna get from whatever freak of the week I've been stabbing

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
don't give up, skeleton!

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
He's hanging in there

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Songbearer posted:

Iceborne is bringing the heat when it comes to armour sets, especially for Palicos

Wish the same can be said for weapon designs, but goddamn do I love seeing what armour sets I'm gonna get from whatever freak of the week I've been stabbing
the weapon designs are still pretty lame compared to older games, but custom augments are kind of cool as a means to customize stuff. also the guild weapons in the event right now are hot as hell

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the guild "hammer"

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Ori is a game that on paper should check all of the boxes that I am looking for in a metroidvania/adventure/exploration/platform game; it looks great, sounds great, plays as far as I can remember pretty well, but somehow it felt extremely forgettable by the time I was done.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

I said come in! posted:

I thought this as well, but apparently Nintendo just published the game outside of Japan. Marvelous doesn't seem to have any publishing arms outside of Japan, which is why XSEED seems to publish a lot of their stuff.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

I said come in! posted:

Nope, they were only the publisher, Marvelous owns the game and IP. Keep an eye out for MUA3 going multiplatform later this year as well, since Nintendo has no copyright on that one either.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Mercury Crusader posted:

I thought this as well, but apparently Nintendo just published the game outside of Japan. Marvelous doesn't seem to have any publishing arms outside of Japan, which is why XSEED seems to publish a lot of their stuff.

Marvelous has owned XSEED for a long time now. (since 2011)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Mostly the mechanic in Ori where you propel yourself off of things was great. It would have been better as a platformer with that as the central mechanic than a vania with that as one of the upgrades

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Platinum got a bunch of money from tencent, what happened to that?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Eleeleth posted:

Marvelous has owned XSEED for a long time now. (since 2011)

Huh. I wonder why they don't just call XSEED "Marvelous" in that case.

Then again, there always seems to be weird publishing things going on with some Japanese companies getting their games published outside of Japan. Like how Nintendo seems to publish most of SquareEnix's games that show up on Nintendo platforms, but SquareEnix publishes their own stuff on other platforms.

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Feb 3, 2020

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I had a ton of fun with Ori. It's not an all time classic like Hollow Knight but it's solid.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

im a lance main now

https://streamable.com/dqs98

Help Im Alive posted:

someone said near a tomato, that's pretty good

this was me you're welcome

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mercury Crusader posted:

Huh. I wonder why they don't just call XSEED "Marvelous" in that case.

They're called that on paper, they just use the XSEED branding when publishing non-Marvelous titles.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
A game like Space Marine, but instead of Warhammer it's GWAR

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

I said come in! posted:

Did anyone here happen to buy the Japanese version of Granblue Fantasy Versus? I was wondering if that version of the game has an english text option, or maybe if the general Asia release that came out today too, has it? I don't want to be patient for the American version.
No english text option AFAIK.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Songbearer posted:

A game like Space Marine, but instead of Warhammer it's GWAR

I think GWAR is Warhammer

They got lost on the way to a convention and wound up at a concert

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ori 2 being a microsoft title is nice since I can play it for free on the game pass immediately

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

homeless snail posted:

the guild "hammer"

i see you've played knifey spoony before

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I've always thought it weird there was never a stronger push for GWAR games, maybe their heyday just didn't really overlap with the modern video game boom.

Play Brutal Legend and pretend it has more gross-out humor I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

I've always thought it weird there was never a stronger push for GWAR games, maybe their heyday just didn't really overlap with the modern video game boom.

Play Brutal Legend and pretend it has more gross-out humor I guess

Technological breakthroughs in real-time poo poo/piss/cum physics modeling!