Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/IAStartingLine/status/1224432475461414914

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

theflyingorc posted:

I know who he is, I just don't get the part about being blocked

HoarseWhisperer blocked a shitload of accounts that he never even interacted with (including mine, and I never tweet anything) so Jack Allison came up with a challenge where if you were blocked you had to donate to Bernie

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
I know that they're dumb early contests, but I'm enjoying that so far there has been right next to 0 support for Biden

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

theflyingorc posted:

I know that they're dumb early contests, but I'm enjoying that so far there has been right next to 0 support for Biden

there's a bunch of nursing home caucuses going on so i'm sure he'll sweep those

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Nebalebadingdong posted:

What is a satellite caucus?

Applying a bandaid to a system that sucks instead of using another system.

Everything about people on social media making fun of that Warren person pretty much highlights the problem with caucuses, barring (perhaps?) the app-based caucus that I plan to try this year. I should be able to file a vote in a democracy without risking becoming a meme.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

theflyingorc posted:

"The DNC has just announced that we will be playing by golf rules now. Biden with his 0 votes wins!"

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Some real presidential material here. I particularly like the part where he stops to talk to the reporters and the person guiding him starts pulling on his arm to get him to keep moving.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Craptacular! posted:

Applying a bandaid to a system that sucks instead of using another system.

Everything about people on social media making fun of that Warren person pretty much highlights the problem with caucuses, barring (perhaps?) the app-based caucus that I plan to try this year. I should be able to file a vote in a democracy without risking becoming a meme.

At least it offers second choice

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

goethe.cx posted:

HoarseWhisperer blocked a shitload of accounts that he never even interacted with (including mine, and I never tweet anything) so Jack Allison came up with a challenge where if you were blocked you had to donate to Bernie

Wonder if we can get that rich idiot to self own by donating an equal amount to klobb out of his own pocket

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Its pretty hard to ratfuck a caucus tho, its pretty easy to count and I'm sure bernies got staff out there.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
I'm beginning to think the type of people who poll for Biden are the same type of people who don't go to the caucus.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

theflyingorc posted:

And that the Ukraine scandal has had nothing to do with it. Which makes Trump's scheme look even more silly, and forced some uncomfortable votes out of a few GOP senators for nothing.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Huzzah!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TyrantWD posted:

And that the Ukraine scandal has had nothing to do with it. Which makes Trump's scheme look even more silly, and forced some uncomfortable votes out of a few GOP senators for nothing.

The right doesn't understand the left at all. They thought Biden would win easily.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

snorch posted:

I'm beginning to think the type of people who poll for Biden are the same type of people who don't go to the caucus.

More like they're not the kind of people who work shift jobs or work abroad. Old people have plenty of disposable time on their hand.

mcmagic posted:

The right doesn't understand the left at all. They thought Biden would win easily.

I'm curious what factions of the right actually understand leftist politics? Neo Nazis seem to get the difference between liberals and leftists, though they couldn't actually articulate any of the doctrine.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TyrantWD posted:

i keep trying to figure out who he will try to blackmail/beg to get dirt on for bernie/warren/any of the others. he will probably just scream to russia again.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 3, 2020

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Eh, let's attack him on his policies or the obviously failing brain. One of like 2-3 presidents who actually made life better for some Americans had loving polio so who cares how good Biden is at walking.

Biden sucks but needing a hand hold isn't why.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

PepsiOverCoke posted:

Knocking on doors in small town Iowa is both hopeful and depressing. They will talk your ear off on how great or bad any candidate is. You ask if they are going to caucus....and they say nah.

Its like you have this once in a lifetime chance to shape the future but youd rather sit in your lazyboy and complain than take the smallest amount of effort to stand up for yourself or your family.

and this is why polling in Iowa is utter bullshit. They love to talk about candidates, they don't like to show up to an empty school on a Monday night for hours.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Hellblazer187 posted:

Eh, let's attack him on his policies or the obviously failing brain. One of like 2-3 presidents who actually made life better for some Americans had loving polio so who cares how good Biden is at walking.

Trump won't give him a loving pass. That is for sure.

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america

Hellblazer187 posted:

He doesn't need a hand to stay up, he needs a hand so he doesn't wander around and fall off a cliff.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
https://twitter.com/CANCEL_SAM/status/1224334092457709568

Why hasn't the media scrutinized Bernie, says the famous media man with his own media show who also appears on lots of other media shows.

sexpig by night posted:

in happy omen news, Rush Limbaugh has lung cancer, which can be only a good sign

The Mattering's foretold coming tuning out to be in the form of lung cancer is a hell of a thing. A beautiful, wonderful, hell of a thing.

kidkissinger posted:

everyone, please give bernie your energy

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

No one is concerned about his ability to walk, but the fact that his campaign has decided that he needs to be literally dragged off so that she doesn't speak to reporters.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
Can someone pretty please post that Klob Wins All image tia

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

Can someone pretty please post that Klob Wins All image tia

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Hellblazer187 posted:

I got the impression it was more of a "keep a hold of Grandpa before he wanders off" sort of deal, not that he couldn't walk.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Bernie apparently has zero support in the Florida satellite caucus? Maybe I missed it, watching the livestream

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Gyges posted:

https://twitter.com/CANCEL_SAM/status/1224334092457709568

Why hasn't the media scrutinized Bernie, says the famous media man with his own media show who also appears on lots of other media shows.

The Mattering's foretold coming tuning out to be in the form of lung cancer is a hell of a thing. A beautiful, wonderful, hell of a thing.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Any more caucuses opening at 4pm est?

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Ms Adequate posted:

This is from earlier but as a Brit, the UK left got truly heartbroken by the last election for various reasons, it's not that we think the situations are comparable as such, but that we've been super badly hurt.

That's not to defend people going "lol this is going to be another Corbyn suckers" but just us morose and fearful UK goons.
bernie's gonna win and we're gonna roll up all our covert ops for loving with latin american leftists and redirect all that poo poo at right wingers in europe (and the uk)

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/BiancaMarcof/status/1224436641839734788

(they almost certainly mean PEOPLE)

big turnout for the klob at a surprisingly large satellite caucus full of snowbirds. 148 people pre-registered, so the actual # is probably a bit lower than that. bottom line is amy likely won this site

Concerned Citizen fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Feb 3, 2020

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

bernie's gonna win and we're gonna roll up all our covert ops for loving with latin american leftists and redirect all that poo poo at right wingers in europe (and the uk)
Let's all go kick Bolso's rear end! :kheldragar:

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I know the sample size is extremely small, but I'm thinking things don't look so good for ole diamond joe

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

oxsnard posted:

I know the sample size is extremely small, but I'm thinking things don't look so good for ole diamond joe

i think this reflects his lack of any discernable field program. these satellite caucuses require organizing to get people to go to them, and he didn't do any.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Grouchio posted:

Let's all go kick Bolso's rear end! :kheldragar:

bring. back. comintern.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Mandrel posted:

here in Alabama that’s most people I know in my personal life including family

they have all sorts of strongly held articulate political viewpoints with real personal connection to their lives that they’ll talk your ear off about but when it comes to actually voting on them? nah. they laugh it off. a lot of people have an almost self conscious aversion to being perceived as “caring” about anything, much less actually participating. anybody that’s grown up poor or in communities like this particularly I think in cultural places like the south knows how pervasive that gently caress it, whatever man attitude is.

idk what you do with that, in my life I’ve tried every combination of structural argument and every tonal strategy from gentle nudging to friendly ribbing to buddy buddying to trying to ignite outrage to outright bullying them and no matter what or who the moment they realize they’re going to be expected to do something or take a stance they just turtle. i don’t think there’s much you can do with people like that except do your best and hope they’re really bored on voting day or something.

Offer to take them out for lunch then stop by your voting place and be like 'just gotta run in real quick, c'mon we're already here it'll take 5mins'

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Oracle posted:

Offer to take them out for lunch then stop by your voting place and be like 'just gotta run in real quick, c'mon we're already here it'll take 5mins'

Free barbecue for anyone who has an “I Voted” sticker coming out of a polling place.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Biden is doing REALLY well in this florida caucus. It's 100% old people it looks like though. Still havent seen anyone for sanders.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

GlyphGryph posted:

Biden is doing REALLY well in this florida caucus

How many delegates are at stake but also lol

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/IAStartingLine/status/1224438488696705026?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Bread Set Jettison posted:

How many delegates are at stake but also lol

No idea, livestream sound keeps cutting out so details like that have been lost hah